signets of suffering

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

so after seeing some good duels from good necros for a change its pretty obvious that full signet necros sadly is the best build. signet of suffering together with plague sending and 4 signets is just enough of a gimmick to constantly convert and transfer condis. the necro does not even need to use weapon skills he just needs to stay alive. i like that we were the kings of transfer but this is much is just kittened. people were even thinking the necros bug using cause hes just playing full tank and then spamming signets. this is why corruptions got nerfed. 4 signets builds are the new condi necro

what are your thoughts?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

signets build looked actually good for 1vs1/2 but going in with full gimmicks bar dont mean much when you are focused and loaded up in a bigger fight since those signets wont generate LF to pop shroud or help juke the focus. maybe giving up a signet or two for s.walk/armor or worm might work better for us.

overall im sure it will work nicely for condimancers. if only terror and PoC were not in the same tier though…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

Condi necro is now a counter to condis in general, they’re not great at applying condis themselves (just good enough to maintain some pressure) but they can take condis from allies (unholy martyr, plague signet) and reflect them back onto the target.

The MM condi transfer could be a ton of fun too. Imagine an engi putting a burning bomb on the ground, burning the necro + 4 minions and them all attacking him back before burn runs out > 5 stacks of burning on the engi from a 1 stack field.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

u dont need poc just pop a signet and boom the boons are gone. u can have an uptime from up to 24 stacks of might always staying above 15 its...just like every class atm xD. the build i saw was something like this http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQBlAK0Bag~ with staff and axe/warhorn and 4 signets or 3 signets and spectral armor depending on the build he was facing. i think it was celestial strength runes or even soldiers he was just so kitten tanky (+perma weakness) and simply spammed all signets to convert all the boons and transfer all the condis while still maintaining a lot of might stacks and generating life force with staff and axe (/warhorn)

to be honest i was kind of glad that signet of vampirism never was good because i hate signet build by heart and now theres this...

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

its pretty obvious that full signet necros sadly is the best build.

I doubt it.
Signet’s of Suffering will definitely be popular, but more so for the synnergy with Plague Sending and Blood Bond.
Slotting your entire utility bar with signets is probably overkill in 1v1s against boon-heavy classes that you could’ve beaten without signets anyway, and in actual pvp matches with team fights you’ll probably do better with other skills instead.

people were even thinking the necros bug using cause hes just playing full tank and then spamming signets. this is why corruptions got nerfed.

Full tank + signet spam means corruption skills needed a nerf?

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

obviously i mean guard got nerfed for being able to burn right? xD

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

obviously i mean guard got nerfed for being able to burn right? xD

Don’t remind me.

The Dhuumfire thread

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

so after seeing some good duels from good necros for a change its pretty obvious that full signet necros sadly is the best build.

i like that we were the kings of transfer but this is much is just kittened. people were even thinking the necros bug using cause hes just playing full tank and then spamming signets.

Signets got a good trait.

The massive power creep boon spam makes boon conversion better than its ever been. Again, Boon conversion is only good because anet has given everybody power creep boon spam.

Plague signet got a huge Cooldown buff. It may be useful now (I still hate the passive).

Even still, I worry about an internal cool down on signets of suffering that if implemented just kills the trait for everybody.

Anet said they were going to change everybody’s build in every class, so I don’t think that increased viability of signets is such a bad thing.

Did you really prefer taking spectral walk and Wurm in every build?

I’ve been saying that Condi builds have plenty of good traits in curses to take and curses isn’t the problem.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Signets have a bad rep because they normally mean passive game play carried by stats. I don’t think this is the case with the new necros signet builds since the signets are almost exclusively used for their active here. Now it would have been much better to give the buff they gave to signets to corruptions instead, but the effect would have been mostly the same.

So I would not call this gimmicky.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Game needs less passive things not more. I still don’t know why they think signets are good design.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Tissitra.4153

Well most thieves used to have at least two signets in their utility bar when playing SD and this was not perceived as passive game play (and it in fact was not, since they were used actively). Don’t see much of a difference to what is happening with necro now.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Game needs less passive things not more. I still don’t know why they think signets are good design.

Yet Signets of Suffering is extremely supporting the active play instead.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This is hardly passive play. The only way it’s passive is with plague sending. The rest is active play with Spite and Plague signets with Corrupt Boon.

Were they really using SoV as well? I still can’t imagine using that even over the racial heal or that PvE heal that came out :/

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This is hardly passive play. The only way it’s passive is with plague sending. The rest is active play with Spite and Plague signets with Corrupt Boon.

Were they really using SoV as well? I still can’t imagine using that even over the racial heal or that PvE heal that came out :/

Racial skills aren’t available in PvP.

And Antitoxin Spray is getting removed from the game today.

I’m a Geeleiver

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Well, traited SoV has a shorter cooldown than CC now. Plus the active heals got buffed by 20% with bloodthirst made baseline. It’s weak to poison, but otherwise it does deal some damage, give might, and corrupt boons. I don’t think it’s black and white like it used to be.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

People are missing the point, I’m not saying it’s passive play, I’m saying signets are passive. It’s a bad way to design a skill. You shouldn’t have any sort of bonus while not using something. We already have enough traits and sigils carrying builds and professions, it would be nice to have less passive things on our actual skill bar.

I am not arguing that using signets in a timely matter is passive though.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Signets of Suffering absolutely looks like it will be my new favourite trait. I’m really looking forward to trying it out in a hybrid build once the patch hits.

[qT] Necro main.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Tissitra.4153

Well having a full signet bar will give you more active gameplay than equipping say only spectral skills, since the cooldown on signets is now much lower.

Yes, signets are now by far the best utilities necros have, probably even without their passives. They do however give you very active gameplay.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

It seems this new trait rocks! Inb4 nerf coming to necromancer’ signets, calling it right now. Remember my words fellas

~ The light of a new day

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Tissitra.4153

Let us not forget that without signets of suffering necros still don’t have anything halfway competitive and that whether the signets will actually be enough to pull necros out of the gutter yet remains to be seen.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It seems this new trait rocks! Inb4 nerf coming to necromancer’ signets, calling it right now. Remember my words fellas

If the nerf is internal cool down on signets of suffering, I called that a week ago.

They were never going to let Cancelling signet skills give you might or let signet of the locust AoE boon convert.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

If the nerf is internal cool down on signets of suffering, I called that a week ago.

They were never going to let Cancelling signet skills give you might or let signet of the locust AoE boon convert.

What they need to do is not an ICD but giving the might only when the skill finished casting, not when it starts casting.
Cancelling is a bug and should be fixed. But the trait should not be nerfed. I mean it looks like signet-necro will be the only viable build we get.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Since they specifically pointed out you could aoe boon convert when they talked about Necros on twitch, I’m fairly sure it was intended.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

Praise the lord, they did actually FIX not NERF it.

Necromancer
Signets of Suffering: This trait will now only grant might when a signet is successfully cast.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Necromancer
Signets of Suffering: This trait will now only grant might when a signet is successfully cast.

I read that and was most pleased. Does it technically make us weaker? Yes, but it does so in a very healthy way. I’m very glad for that.

I’m a Geeleiver

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Bravo to them for the fast follow up, that is the kind of consideration we’ve been wanting for a long time, and that kind of fast follow up will help immensely.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

Bravo to them for the fast follow up, that is the kind of consideration we’ve been wanting for a long time, and that kind of fast follow up will help immensely.

Although they have always followed up fast if the bug was making the Necro better but took ages when the bugs made it worse…

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Here is a good example of a good active skill. You press one key and you win. Very active play. It requires a lot of skill and brain power to calculate everything in a single press.

Attachments:

All is vain.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

Here is a good example of a good active skill. You press one key and you win. Very active play. It requires a lot of skill and brain power to calculate everything in a single press.

Thats a class mechanic, come on it needs to be op! (looks at DS… :sadface: )

And yes the first part was a joke.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Necromancer

Should we see that as a fact that the necromancer need boons and them admitting that corrupting boons ain’t a good form of support?

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Necromancer

Should we see that as a fact that the necromancer need boons and them admitting that corrupting boons ain’t a good form of support?

Nah, more of a situation that if people can find a way to exploit, they will exploit.

Might stacking is definitely not a problem currently with the current traits.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

That was irony…

With the trait like they were, and the obvious emphasis on signet we were bound to exploit this to it’s full potential. With a tiny bit of testing they would have easily seen that this was extremly strong against the actual meta which rely heavily on boon.

This is why, seeing them going back on a mechanism that obviously fit a lot their definition of the necromancer is questionable. Is this the “boon corruption” that is at fault (despite being something they want to be one of the primal strenght of the necromancer) or is it the the boon granted by signet that make this trait to strong? I think it’s the fact that there are 2 passive trait that proc signets which make this effect to strong.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

That was irony…

With the trait like they were, and the obvious emphasis on signet we were bound to exploit this to it’s full potential. With a tiny bit of testing they would have easily seen that this was extremly strong against the actual meta which rely heavily on boon.

This is why, seeing them going back on a mechanism that obviously fit a lot their definition of the necromancer is questionable. Is this the “boon corruption” that is at fault (despite being something they want to be one of the primal strenght of the necromancer) or is it the the boon granted by signet that make this trait to strong? I think it’s the fact that there are 2 passive trait that proc signets which make this effect to strong.

Uhm they didn’t even nerf it. You just cannot cancel the cast for perma 25 stacks might anymore, so it is NOW working as intended and was bugged before.

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Significant boon hate needed to be back it’s previous weak state was the cause for last meta staying so long. Despite no real core changes to necro I feel like I have a place as condition necro now especially since some are carelessly throwing conditions.

The Dhuumfire thread

signets of suffering

in Necromancer

Posted by: Street Peddler.2638

Street Peddler.2638

yeah this trait is real powerful, im liking it a lot