spite too hp percent gated

in Necromancer

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

I dislike this trait line allot, but it is so mandatory for power builds. The reason for spiting spite is every single trait is conditioned by the hp of your target. This means that if you are fighting something like a guardian or a elementalist that can burst heal often or a mesmer or thief that can evade and mitigate your slow attacks, you get in situations where the entire trait line never does anything for you (minus the adept minor).

Why is this set up like so? i know spite has really good and traits that you can easily notice when they are on, but still do we need a whole line that can be made to never actually do anything.

Maybe swap path of of corruption with chill of death or something like that to have less hp based traits in one line?

bdw i am referring to the common power traits in spite: close to death, chill of death, the new spiteful renewal (that is a horrible trait), and the new minors siphoned power and death’s embrace.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Just dont use spite.

Not being forced into spite to run power is so liberating.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I thought spite was needed but then decided not. Other lines have good traits too.

You are missing might stacks, but thats what friends are for, and close to death but there are dps adders in other lines too if you look close.

Close to death is a bit overkill usually anyway, if you have them under 50% theyre usually on their way to folding, and will be ganged down.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

Well not every trait is gated behind health , only the ones that are about bursting people. The fact that all kinds of stuff triggers when target is below 50 just means that you have to work on your burst to get to that 50% mark and then you get a free ride more or less.

grand master has the signet trait which is pretty good in pvp, has nothing to do with %, Havent tested the shroud trigger grand master yet (forget the name). You also have a trait that deal vulnerable while in DS, not gated by any thresholds whatsoever.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

The entire spite line is to do with getting stronger the weaker you make your enemy so all the HP gated things fit as well as the vulnerability and boon removal/conversion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Put it this way.

I love chill of death. I like the signet trait for signet builds. I miss the downed state buff when i dont have it. The rest of the spite line I can take it or leave it.

If you dump spite you can get superior condition removal in death (& unholy sanctuary), healing in blood, or control conditions and precision in curses. Up to you, you aren’t forced anymore.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

That is what I love about this new trait system, you are no longer forced to take spite and SR in power builds to get power and ferocity.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I stopped using Spite too. I have a very fun Celestial hybrid build I’ve been playing with, and honestly, you’d might be surprised. The damage isn’t terrible, but it is pretty survivable and has a bit of team support. I will share it on request, otherwise I’m sort of laying low until I can work out the kinks to avoid criticism so early in the theory process. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: strakul.1826

strakul.1826

I personally like how Spite has been reworked. For WvW, where I can tag multiple people at once, I’m pretty much guaranteed to be reaping the benefits when they’re off cooldown. Much better than the old Spite minors.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Spite’s new setup is great, love it. Yes a few of them are % gated, but it absolutely fits thematically with the profession, and they are pretty strong besides that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

well thats the flavor of the line, finishing them off when they get low. Fits very well into the idea of the necromancer becoming more powerful as their target weakens.
I like it as it is.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

It makes your fighting style change also. When I see someone below 50 percent hp in wvw or pvp I insta f1 3 1 1. The inner kill in me demands murder

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Don’t forget about Reaper too. All those traits that proc after 50% are going to be very nice with Gravedigger. I’m certainly going to be running a Spite/Blood/Reaper build focusing on life steal and GS so I can spin2win with the best of them.

Fishsticks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Other than Spiteful Renewal everything is fine put the threshold at 33% instead of 25%.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Spite is super strong and it’s very easy to be running around with 20 stacks of might. If it weren’t gated it would be OP by a mile.