starting back

starting back

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

Hey guys,

Here is the deal, i play on a very underpopulated server where i’m solo allot of the time so i hung up my staff and started a thief so i could roam.

Recently i switched to a server that isn’t quite so empty and started playing my condition necro again….. and i suck lol. I have forgotten how to play him.
My build is 0/30/20/0/20 wearing full carrion with all carrion accessories and weapons, i’m mainly playing in small groups and conditions just isn’t cutting it for me.
I also have a full set of Prec/Tough/Cond armor and trinkets, and also a full set of P/T/V armor with zerker axe/dagger and zerker trinkets.

I’m looking for a build that can both take and receive damage and is good for small groups / solo.
I have only ever realy played condition Mancer tbh but as i’m realy going to be learning the class all over again i don’t mind learning how to play power or hybrid.

All help is really appreciated, i did try the search but most builds are dated and i don’t know if they are still relevant.

starting back

in Necromancer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yeh I can see where playing a thief would dull your skills lol.

starting back

in Necromancer

ArcticRed.3068

Well a Necro ain’t a roaming class, and if there are like 4-5 ppl on each map doing their own thing you can either quite the game or re-roll, i re-rolled.

Anyhoo, i was asking for advise, not a debate on how hard it was to play a thief.
:D

starting back

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Well a Necro ain’t a roaming class, and if there are like 4-5 ppl on each map doing their own thing you can either quite the game or re-roll, i re-rolled.

Anyhoo, i was asking for advise, not a debate on how hard it was to play a thief.
:D

i disagree. a Necro is a fantastic roaming class, given that is can dispell/manage conditions very well. combined with perma swiftness and access to an ablative 2nd HP bar through LF… necros are fantastic roamers. Especially vs. smaller groups or 1v1.

starting back

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

your build spread is good. 0/30/20/20/0 is standard for a solid condition based necro. but since you helpfully specified SMALL GROUPS and roaming, I’d recommend you grab some rampager gear and slip some of those death magic points into spite magic tree and try out d/d or s/d gameplay w/ vampiric buffs running. (trading toughness for access to regeneration through siphoning/vamping with increase to crits, splashing in power and maximizing bleeds.

starting back

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

on another note, try looking up nemesis’ old hybrid critmancer build. he pushed full power+cond and crit to take down targets in seconds.

starting back

in Necromancer

ArcticRed.3068

ty i will try the critmancer build.
Any other advice please? Im probably gonna go either power or hybrid.

I usually run into thieves, Eles or guardians when i’m solo and they have far far more longevity than i do in condition spec.

starting back

in Necromancer

ArcticRed.3068

PS: Is there any news on a fix to downed state yet?

Since i have been back playing my Necromancer i have never been stomped in WvW, i die long before anyone even gets a stomp off.

starting back

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

PS: Is there any news on a fix to downed state yet?

Since i have been back playing my Necromancer i have never been stomped in WvW, i die long before anyone even gets a stomp off.

The fix is coming per this thread.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul