suggested greatsword changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

played with the greatsword today and i really tried to like it but certain things just won’t let me. here is what i suggest to make it an overall better weapon:

auto attack
there are 2 ways to improve the auto attack. either increase the speed of the auto attack chain by 1/4s each, making it 1/2 1/2 and 3/4 because the chill is really not that strong on it or increase the damage by 30%. secondly the 3rd hit needs to add 4-6% life force to make it worth hitting. the overall life force regeneration of the greatsword is too low for a melee weapon.

gravedigger
the damage needs to be higher, it hits for around 4k when you’re fully stacked with might. 6k should be a given if not more, so i’d say a 15-30% damage increase. the global cooldown of 1 second below 50% health needs to go, it feels like that awkward useless second that you actually don’t want to wait and it’s only there to interrupt your gameplay.

death spiral
if this skill wasn’t the weaponset’s life force generator nobody would use this. double the damage and reduce the cooldown to 10s instead of 12s. (vul is ok for decimate defense)

nightfall
this skill feels too limiting when you cast it and the after cast is oh so terrible (can be canceled by stowing weapon btw and makes you attack instantly without having to wait). reduce the aftercast by a lot and increase the speed of the whole animation, necro doesn’t want selfroots.

grasping darkness
i wonder if this skill missed more or hit more today. it’s very unreliable but imo easy to fix. the animation consinst of the “sending out” part and the “pulling in” part. remove the “sending out” part.

that’s it for the greatsword i will keep testing the reaper and post a summary of my impressions about it at the end of the beta. oh and this is pvp pov btw, i don’t play pve so forgive me for that

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Death spiral is actually pretty good. It can generate 12-36% life force, it clears blinds, stacks vuln, works well with leeching.

It just needs about 1/4-1/2 of a second taken off the beginning of the cast time to be effective.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Jekkt.6045

Death spiral is actually pretty good. It can generate 12-36% life force, it clears blinds, stacks vuln, works well with leeching.

It just needs about 1/4-1/2 of a second taken off the beginning of the cast time to be effective.

the problem is the damage. on a light golem it deals around 1-1,5k damage when most of the hits crit. i mean come on.. a 2,5-3k hit is certainly not that crazy. the cd during the first reaper stream was also 10s, i dont see the reason why it was upped by 2s.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Farnes.4956

Farnes.4956

Auto attack is to slow. I completly agree. It is not enjoyable to use and it should maybe get a very tiny attack speed boost.
Gravedigger for 4k? What the derk was you running? I have been getting 10k-15k crits whit it non stop. If you increase that skills damage it would be broken as kitten.
Death Spiral is a great opener to give vulnerability and whit and decent damage for what it do. ‘’vul is ok for decimate defense.’’ Vuln is GREAT in any situation do to a flat damage increase and it is fantastic whit Decimate Defence as it is literally a 24% Crit chance boost.
Nightfall is yet again a great skill. Stack up blind while keeping them in place and it synergise very well whit Soul Spiral as it is a Dark Field.
The Reason Grasping Darkness is missing all the time atm is because it will always get shot the way you are facing, not where you are aiming so it is weird to aim.

in Necromancer

Jekkt.6045

Auto attack is to slow. I completly agree. It is not enjoyable to use and it should maybe get a very tiny attack speed boost.
Gravedigger for 4k? What the derk was you running? I have been getting 10k-15k crits whit it non stop. If you increase that skills damage it would be broken as kitten.
Death Spiral is a great opener to give vulnerability and whit and decent damage for what it do. ‘’vul is ok for decimate defense.’’ Vuln is GREAT in any situation do to a flat damage increase and it is fantastic whit Decimate Defence as it is literally a 24% Crit chance boost.
Nightfall is yet again a great skill. Stack up blind while keeping them in place and it synergise very well whit Soul Spiral as it is a Dark Field.
The Reason Grasping Darkness is missing all the time atm is because it will always get shot the way you are facing, not where you are aiming so it is weird to aim.

and that’s what carries death spiral, the damage is still too low, even with vul and with the life force.

gravedigger 4k was on celestial, nevertheless the highest i saw on marauder was 7k.

i never said nightfall was bad just that it had a stupid aftercast that is cancelable by stowing weapon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Damage per hit is fine, IMO. It’s the range and speed that are the issues. Simple enough.

The range + speed is so poor that players effortlessly WALK away from the reaper GS AA. I don’t mean they dodge, they just walk away when they see the swing winding up, and it usually will get them out of harm’s way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spootTheLousy.4670

spootTheLousy.4670

Really, the main issue I can see off the bat with GS is the range is terrible on it. Dagger gets 130 and the big slow GS gets 170. Between the slow swings and the terrible range, enemies could indeed walk away like previously mentioned.
If that were to get extended to a more respectable range I could see GS being a more fun weapon to play with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

death spiral
Attack animation reminds me of Devil May Cry Stinger attack. To bad it doesn’t act like it. give it a 600 range homing attack that moves at high speeds (speed of rush from warrior) and it will be a great opener. This is very much comparable to leap of faith, swoop, flashing blade and Savage leap. Leave the 1 second wind up before the charge so it has counter play.

GS trait is crap, frankly. Compare it to other class GS trait. They all give increase damage, a secondary effect, and unconditional CD reduction. Necro get a secondary effect and conditional cd reduction for 80% of the skills.

(edited by Shadowmoon.7986)