suggestion about necromancer's shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: jaman.5208

jaman.5208

Can developers please add one sec COOLDOWN to shroud disable? It is most annoying thing when you accidentally hit button two times and get killed with full life force pool.

(edited by jaman.5208)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Can developers please add one sec COOLDOWN to shroud disable? It is most annoying thing when you accidentally hit button two times and get killed with full life force pool.

No they won’t, they fixed rev facets, and engi turrets but they won’t fix shroud.

Why? Because fixing it mildly inconveniences shroud flashing builds, despite the fact that nobody has used shroud flashing builds in over 2 years.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: jaman.5208

jaman.5208

Am I the only person who hates this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marius.9864

Marius.9864

Man, I’d really love to see this issue fixed, yes, I see it as an issue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

Especially with unholy sanctuary; at low health i often try to hit F1 but get hit a split second after my dodge and before my shroud, so i end up killing myself by disabling. Shroud flashing builds don’t seem to exist much anymore, so this should definitely change.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

i still find times when i still flash ds for some situations. Just try not be so spammy when hitting your ds/rs button…

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

This needs a fix. Nearly impossible to not accidentally cancel it with WvW skill lag… >.>

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

personnally i don’t see this as an issue. It’s just something tha you need to get used to. A matter of experience.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

This change would make me hate necro. Just because you spam the button and accidently flash shroud doesn’t mean others don’t find shroud flashing useful. Forcing me to stay in shroud for longer wouldn’t be good.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

They already tried this during HoT beta with Reaper’s Shroud, but the feedback they got made them remove it. You’re a minority in wanting this, no matter how loudly you shout on the forums.
Also as I wrote on reddit, balancing around lag and people’s inability not to spam buttons is not the way a company should balance.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

They already tried this during HoT beta with Reaper’s Shroud, but the feedback they got made them remove it. You’re a minority in wanting this, no matter how loudly you shout on the forums.
Also as I wrote on reddit, balancing around lag and people’s inability not to spam buttons is not the way a company should balance.

you sir are evil!

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

you sir are evil!

From my point of view the op is evil!

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

you sir are evil!

I know i was just pandering to the VOCAL minority.

we both know its a l2p issue.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

you sir are evil!

I know i was just pandering to the VOCAL minority.

we both know its a l2p issue.

Pls edit your reply to “then you are lost”.

But in all seriousness, yes people just need to stop bashing f1 or anticipate said lag. As someone who used to live with the most terrible internet, I know you can anticipate it. Its as simple as “if your skill doesn’t go off at first, don’t press the button again” because you’re lagging.

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

And yet they already fixed revenant facets, and engi turrets because of this. Literally every single flip skill in the game except for necromancer shroud has had this problem fixed.

The bug is so common that it’s mentioned on the official wiki page for death shroud.

YouTube

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

And yet they already fixed revenant facets, and engi turrets because of this. Literally every single flip skill in the game except for necromancer shroud has had this problem fixed.

The bug is so common that it’s mentioned on the official wiki page for death shroud.

What exactly did they fix for rev facets? Because if I spam Darkness (both instant cast like shroud) like a madman, then the exact same thing happens as it does with shroud. If you hold down your shroud button to go into shroud, it doesn’t instantly pop you out of it. So it is a l2not frantically tap your shroud key issue.

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

What exactly did they fix for rev facets? Because if I spam Darkness (both instant cast like shroud) like a madman, then the exact same thing happens as it does with shroud. If you hold down your shroud button to go into shroud, it doesn’t instantly pop you out of it. So it is a l2not frantically tap your shroud key issue.

Revenant facets require two distinct double taps, and you’ll notice there is a slight delay on the second flip. While shroud can exited before the icon on your UI even changes from entering shroud.

I do not double tap shroud, this issue is as much a hardware and network issue as it is a player one.

YouTube

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

They already tried this during HoT beta with Reaper’s Shroud, but the feedback they got made them remove it.

That’s because the beta weekened “fix” was a full-on 1 second cooldown. What they ought to do what they did with other sequence skills where there is just a tiny aftercast that only affects the sequence. This allows the skill to be double pressed, but disallows misfire.

YouTube

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

They already tried this during HoT beta with Reaper’s Shroud, but the feedback they got made them remove it.

That’s because the beta weekened “fix” was a full-on 1 second cooldown. What they ought to do what they did with other sequence skills where there is just a tiny aftercast that only affects the sequence. This allows the skill to be double pressed, but disallows misfire.

OP’s original suggestion was a 1s cd so I think we can both agree that shouldn’t happen. A tiny aftercast wouldn’t be out of the question but I still think stand by my original statement that catering to people don’t know how to not spam or (to a much much lesser extent) people that are just lagging is a bad idea in general.

in Necromancer

Posted by: xiao.2614

xiao.2614

Im not common user of forums just came here to suggest some smart and logical thing such as making very little cd on shrouds (reaper or standart doesnt matter need on both). I started play my alt which is necro and I find its very stupid and not logical that you cant spam shroud on low health and when u have 1-2 sec cd left because you will enter and exit in less than 0.5 sec. And lets be realistic there is alot of abilities in game with such low cd (0.5-1 sec) for reason of spaming hotkey when needed. This is a very little fix to necro, devs could describe it like them said like “quality of life change” or smth I dont care, but its obviously needed and sounds logical. Have no idea if devs actually listen to random posts but waht ever. I said waht i want.

also
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Make-0-5-1-sec-cd-on-shrouds/first#post6639022