tPVP MM

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Q:

So i finally decide to stick with MM build in tpvp but now i have another problem (it’s hard to made decisions for me, doesn’t matter how small them)

Minion stats didn’t scale with my own, so i actually can use any weapon and gear and no idea which is better. Main thing – i want be hard to kill
Conditions with scepter+shaman/rabid/other? Conditions deal damage, but they easily cleanse and lasts not for long without runes and traits

Power with axe+soldier/cleric? Vulnerability could be useful
Dagger maybe? extra siphon and immobilize

And offhand? Warhorn looks perfect with daze and swiftness?

Runes? Now i’m using melandru. Sigils?

Does healing power helpful with 5 minins and vampiric master or not?

I’m actually feel pretty strong 1vs1 and if 3-5 of enemy team didn’t focus me (thats rare, mostly only if i’m completely alone, playing solo tpvp) and hard to kill with any okittend of MM-tanky build so i switch from one to another and can’t pick one.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Reality is MM has a ton of variety. Want to run conditions? Go for it, you can run tanky setups (conditions need relatively little investment in PvP) or glassier setups with Carrion. Want to run power? Go for it. Want to be tanky? Feel free. Glassy? Yep thats fine too.

Here is the general breakdown of how the different things influence your decisions:

“Bruiser” setups are generally home bunkers, because they deal fairly high damage paired with good bunkering ability. Soldier, Shaman, Cleric work here.

Glassy setups are team-fighters. Conditions will be for AoE damage and support, power will be for anti-bunkering (kill their bunker). You’ll deal high damage, and still be pretty sustainable, but more weak to burst. Carrion, Rabid, Berzerker, Knights all work.

Full tanky setups are for team-fighting, and generally so you can allow your team’s Guardian to roam (you’d be surprised how strong this is). Soldier, Shaman, Cleric.

If you’re going to be conditions of any kind, you will be using Staff and Scepter. If you’re going power, you have an option between staff, axe, and dagger, depending on your own taste, playstyle, and what you are planning to do. I’d warn you that if you’re running glassier you better bring staff, only bring dagger if you’re planning to be on point a lot, or want to anti-bunker.

Off-hands are entirely swappable. If you need more condition removal, bring dagger OH. If you want a bit more speed to get into fights, and more control in the fights, bring OH warhorn (especially if you are bunkering, you can interrupt heals). If you are anti-bunkering, are any kind of glassy build, or just want more damage, run OH focus.

Runes/Sigils are, again, open. If you want a leeching setup (a favorite of mine), run 4x Vamp runes with one of the two siphon sigils (one on each set, pick up the on-crit if you have high crip, on swap otherwise). If you aren’t using 30 in Blood, or want more removal anyway, run Lyssa. If you’re condition, Geomancy sigils are great for bursting.

And healing power will not help itself with just the vampiric master. If you run healing power, you should not be running Blood Fiend, and you want some other healing sources, whether it be just regen spam, or traited heals. Well of Blood + Healing power is insane though.

Basically all I’m saying is that minions have a ton of variation possible. You can play tanky, glass, or in between. You can play full siphons, or you can run team support healing. You can go conditions or power, you can be home bunker or monster team-fighter. Its all up to what you want to do.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Reality is MM has a ton of variety. .

That is main problem, when you can be anything – really hard to chose one.

Btw, i just killed alone 2 warriors in PVT gear with axe+warhorn, that was amazing. I had even 100% hp until they both got downed and then use 3rd skill and become invulnerable and start shanking me) Obviously they was noobs, but still fun.

(Flesh Wurm is actually great pvp skill, deal range ramage when i don’t need him and emergency teleport)

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

And i have no idea how to fight with Elem, if he’s close to death he just use steam cloud, then ride on lightning and farewell friend, no chance to chase him as necro. And Elem have huge amount of defensive skills and CC, so hard to fight.

Some thieves are problem too, 3k damage every hit is bit hard + infinite blinds. Well, engis are really strong too, especially condition based and blood fiend is not really helpful when i need fast heal

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Dagger.. i don’t really like fight face-to-face, axe looks good enoug, but i’ll try

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Dagger.. i don’t really like fight face-to-face, axe looks good enoug, but i’ll try

The build doesn’t work with axe. Axe is a terrible weapon with soldier amulet.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

The build doesn’t work with axe. Axe is a terrible weapon with soldier amulet.

tried dagger, actually great. Can kill 1vs2, can survive 1vs3 for long time (if players not very skilled, but with my 7 in a row winstreak they feels rare)

Blood fiend have pretty good heal over time, but ofc consume conditions way stronger, sadly.

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Axe is a great weapon for soldier amulet MMs, actually. Gets the most use out of Axe 3’s retal, and stacks high Vuln on its own, as well as 2 being a decent source of siphoning. Also you don’t always want to stack melee range with the minions, makes it a lot harder to cleave both of you down at once.

My PvP Minion Build

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

runeblade.7514

I prefer Spiteful Spirit for retal.

Pressing F1 is much more reactive than Unholy feast cast time. The moment you notice a thief is on your kitten , I can press F1 and the thief will take damage.

Unholy feast cripple is kinda redundant compare to Bone fiend and Flesh golem cripple auto. Immobilization helps the most in getting your minions closer to your target. If you really need range, use staff’s chill.

I have to disagree with not wanting to stack melee range. When in melee range, your enemy will target you and it is easier for the minions to attack your target. Then, when the enemy chases you, you can run around drop marks while minions attacks the enemy’s back.

Boon removal and Vulnerability is another story.

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I run power build MM with axe and staff. Sometimes I go knights others I’ll go solders. It just depends on the team I’m playing with.

Rather than ask yourself what armor/build to go with. Ask yourself what role do you want to play… Or what role does your team need most? For pickups I usually run solders because I’m counting on them to suck lol (I’m usually wrong but better safe than sorry)

Bhawbs post was right on the money, take a look at what role you play best and then use that to decide how to build for that role.

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: enzo.7823

enzo.7823

Running 30/0/0/10/30 (with wells for skills) I don’t have any problems taking out MM Necros since they’re just standing still on capture points. I’m sure it would be a different story if they could run around more.

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Running 30/0/0/10/30 (with wells for skills) I don’t have any problems taking out MM Necros since they’re just standing still on capture points. I’m sure it would be a different story if they could run around more.

Why the hell necro will just stay in wells? Necro should know his own class mechanics. But wells can kill melee minions, thats true.. We need some buttons to control them, at least passive/agressive switcher

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

tattoohead.3217

Well necros are usually pretty easy for my MM to handle. As a wellmancer you “usually” run D/D all I need to do is stay out of wells and kite with axe.

I like to play with worm and fiend so they stay out of wells unless you try to attack them directly and then I get some breathing room so idc lol. I have issues with longbow warriors and spirit rangers mostly.

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Might want to face decent MMs then, before you make a decision.

I’ve found that condi necros with Epidemic are really the only hard necro v necro matchup any of my MM builds have, and even then its a skill matchup, although I’d consider it in their favor now that Putrid Mark is bugged.

I’ve never felt all that concerned in a 1v1 against power necros though, they almost never have the ability to fight the CC that we put out, whereas their CC back against us is negligible.

My PvP Minion Build

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Might want to face decent MMs then, before you make a decision.

I’ve found that condi necros with Epidemic are really the only hard necro v necro matchup any of my MM builds have, and even then its a skill matchup, although I’d consider it in their favor now that Putrid Mark is bugged.

I’ve never felt all that concerned in a 1v1 against power necros though, they almost never have the ability to fight the CC that we put out, whereas their CC back against us is negligible.

plus minions draw CC away

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I’ve recently started playing my Necro in solo tPvP and I really love MM builds, not sure why, I just do I use Dagger/Warhorn for melee and Axe/Focus for range/kiting with Soldier and various different runes depending on role or what professions I’m fighting. I mostly run 20/0/20/30/0 or 30/0/20/20/0, more than normal I find myself sticking with 20/0/20/30/0 with fetid consumption as I really need the extra condition removal for this current meta.

Minion wise I use the norm, bone, shadow, worm and golem. I messed around with bone minions last night, Putrid Explosion is nice for an unblockable attack, seemed to be doing 1.5k – 2.2k on average per explosion, I found myself switching back to shadow because those bone fiends just die too quickly so I felt it was wasteful.

I am new compared to you guys so I might be getting this wrong, but healing power doesn’t seem to effect Vampiric Master at all, I did some testing in the mists with zero healing power on gear (rune/amulet) and it made no difference to the healing I was getting from minions. Am I correct on this? it doesn’t scale at all with healing power? If I look at healing Signet for warriors that’s a flat 400+ per second heal they get without even speccing into it, either that signet is grossly OP or Vampiric Master is grossly UP…not sure :P

I have noticed some annoyances, sometimes my minions will just stand there doing nothing while I’m getting beaten on, other times they will just randomly tear off across the map or take a completely bizarre route to get my location, the AI seems really buggy and the times when I’ve died is normally down to my minions bugging out.

I seem to do pretty well on point defense, I have problems with professions that can load conditions on me faster than I can clear them (even with minions drawing conditions), Condition Spirit Rangers can do this from literally just spamming crossfire and they can dump conditions on me faster than I can clean them. I struggle against really well played CC/Stun Warriors, the good ones seem impossible to kite and they have so much passive healing/defense that they are hard nut to crack. If I can peel and kite them then sometimes I win, but often I end up face down in the dirt lol like I said, I’m still learning, would definitely appreciate some advice from more experienced MM Necro’s out there,

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

WORST enemy for MM is MESMER with MOA – it destroys ALL our minions INSTANTLY. It’s bloody terrible. It’s shouldn’t work like this. In second mesmer just destroy all my defense and offense and if i’m lucky enough – i just run away to regroup, but after cooldown it happens again.

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

tattoohead.3217

I’ve recently started playing my Necro in solo tPvP and I really love MM builds, not sure why, I just do I use Dagger/Warhorn for melee and Axe/Focus for range/kiting with Soldier and various different runes depending on role or what professions I’m fighting. I mostly run 20/0/20/30/0 or 30/0/20/20/0, more than normal I find myself sticking with 20/0/20/30/0 with fetid consumption as I really need the extra condition removal for this current meta.

Minion wise I use the norm, bone, shadow, worm and golem. I messed around with bone minions last night, Putrid Explosion is nice for an unblockable attack, seemed to be doing 1.5k – 2.2k on average per explosion, I found myself switching back to shadow because those bone fiends just die too quickly so I felt it was wasteful.

I am new compared to you guys so I might be getting this wrong, but healing power doesn’t seem to effect Vampiric Master at all, I did some testing in the mists with zero healing power on gear (rune/amulet) and it made no difference to the healing I was getting from minions. Am I correct on this? it doesn’t scale at all with healing power? If I look at healing Signet for warriors that’s a flat 400+ per second heal they get without even speccing into it, either that signet is grossly OP or Vampiric Master is grossly UP…not sure :P

I have noticed some annoyances, sometimes my minions will just stand there doing nothing while I’m getting beaten on, other times they will just randomly tear off across the map or take a completely bizarre route to get my location, the AI seems really buggy and the times when I’ve died is normally down to my minions bugging out.

I seem to do pretty well on point defense, I have problems with professions that can load conditions on me faster than I can clear them (even with minions drawing conditions), Condition Spirit Rangers can do this from literally just spamming crossfire and they can dump conditions on me faster than I can clean them. I struggle against really well played CC/Stun Warriors, the good ones seem impossible to kite and they have so much passive healing/defense that they are hard nut to crack. If I can peel and kite them then sometimes I win, but often I end up face down in the dirt lol like I said, I’m still learning, would definitely appreciate some advice from more experienced MM Necro’s out there,

Healing power does not effect any sort of drain life ability just your #6 atm. Oh if it did though lol… I would be immortal!

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Healing power does not effect any sort of drain life ability just your #6 atm. Oh if it did though lol… I would be immortal!

Haha yeah, that’s what I was thinking, so I stopped stacking it :P Oh and I’ve been moa’d before and was like wtf where are my minions, is it meant to be like that or??

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

runeblade.7514

Use Locust Swarm and kite the warrior, your minions should be attacking the warrior’s backside when the warrior pops Berserker stance. It won’t cripple the warrior, but it will give you swiftness.

Watch out for Warrior’s number 4 GS throw. When you see the warrior’s throwing greatsword animation, dodge it. Use the terrian, dodge, swift and turn. When you see the warrior with mace/shield, that is the danger zone. If the warrior finally chases up to you, dodge towards the warrior and do not waste any dodges or chain any dodges. If you dodge, make sure it counts.

After the 8 second Berserker stance is over, it is your turn. Unload conditions on the warrior and focus him down.

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Use Locust Swarm and kite the warrior, your minions should be attacking the warrior’s backside when the warrior pops Berserker stance. It won’t cripple the warrior, but it will give you swiftness.

Watch out for Warrior’s number 4 GS throw. When you see the warrior’s throwing greatsword animation, dodge it. Use the terrian, dodge, swift and turn. When you see the warrior with mace/shield, that is the danger zone. If the warrior finally chases up to you, dodge towards the warrior and do not waste any dodges or chain any dodges. If you dodge, make sure it counts.

After the 8 second Berserker stance is over, it is your turn. Unload conditions on the warrior and focus him down.

Sometimes warriors/or whatever class realise i’m pretty harmless without minions and kill them

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Depends on how your build its set up. It shouldn’t be easy to kill your minions without really going for it. You have 3 ranged and 3 melee, assuming full heal/utility/elite minions and the standard non-fiend setup. All 3 ranged should be in different areas from each other, and of the three, one has pretty massive HP, and the other two are basically death-fodder anyway.

So it should be fairly difficult to kill off all your minion sin a PvP fight, unless they actually go after them. If they go after them though, you should be positioning yourself so that they can never cleave more than the melee minions, and either one ranged, or you. It makes it very hard to kill them all in a timely enough fashion to kill you.

Besides that, you need to be using proper CC managing, and know how to burst. Fighting a good MM 1v1 shouldn’t be easy for any class, and should be near impossible for most non-1v1 builds.

My PvP Minion Build

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Depends on how your build its set up. It shouldn’t be easy to kill your minions without really going for it. You have 3 ranged and 3 melee, assuming full heal/utility/elite minions and the standard non-fiend setup. All 3 ranged should be in different areas from each other, and of the three, one has pretty massive HP, and the other two are basically death-fodder anyway.

So it should be fairly difficult to kill off all your minion sin a PvP fight, unless they actually go after them. If they go after them though, you should be positioning yourself so that they can never cleave more than the melee minions, and either one ranged, or you. It makes it very hard to kill them all in a timely enough fashion to kill you.

Besides that, you need to be using proper CC managing, and know how to burst. Fighting a good MM 1v1 shouldn’t be easy for any class, and should be near impossible for most non-1v1 builds.

After 30 tpvp matches (20 wins, in 5 lost matches i didn’t use MM build so i have only 5 lost games as MM) i lose 1vs1 only once for condition engi,

tPVP MM

in Necromancer

Posted by: TriskaiX.7014

TriskaiX.7014

any engineer with bombs or grenades be it condi or power could kill off the mm, with elixirs in the mix even faster as they would have tons of might and they cleanse conditions on use, just overpower them staying at max range if grenadiers (grenades are rather slow like staff #1 and easily avoided) and when they are running bomb kit max bomb range is 360 or something, scepter is 900 and axe is 600 they will not reach unless they immob you.
any player luring you to terrain that has a few cliffs or stairs knows how to kill MM’s so do not take the bait, just search another sacrifice for your horde