trait question for wvw condi necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

this is for solo roaming necros in wvw.

Full condi builds.

are the traits hemopholia(longer bleed duration) and lingering curse (longer scepter durations) important?

I have watched many nec videos and most of them do not run the above 2 traits. they go weakening shroud(bleed upon DS) and path of corruption(dark path remove 2 boon).

but they are not full condi builds. they have a mixture of power and/or crit.

so I was wondering, for the other full condi necros out there, which trait for those 2 slots do you choose?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaganna.6034

Zaganna.6034

Correct, they aren’t that important even for a full condi build. Because our damage isn’t so depending only on bleeding (meaning, +20% alone isn’t that great) or scepter auto attack. In PvP situation, weakening shroud and path of corruption are more important.

Stripping boon with dark path makes a free space in your utility bar, weakening shroud still does bleeding and a little weakness for reducing the damage.

If you’re really looking for something else, you may try with the gm trait Withering Precision (weakness on crit) if you’re rabid. Or (still my favourite) Dhuumfire in the power trait.
But you will be forced on a 6/4/0/0/4 build, because Terror + Master of Terror is still mandatory.

Other trait in the Curse line:
-Focused Rituals (Wells are AoE): If you get inside a large zerg, you can take some wells and this trait. Suits ….well!!
-Banshee’s Wail (buff horn skill): War horn is good in WvW
-Spectral Attunement (buff spectral skills) or Master of Corruption( reduce cd on corruption skills): You may want to try these depending of your utility set up.

Withering Precision

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Here’s the thing with condition duration in WvW: if the duration made a difference in the fight, you were going to win anyway because they didn’t have any condi removal.

Most conditions aren’t going to run their full duration due to removals, and those other traits make a bigger impact.