unholy fervor (axe training)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

its only 10% damage for axe skills....thats another disappointment. so its a straight nerf from the old version in every way

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

so no change. Considering the change to the major heal skill, I’ll take it as a good thing.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Do we have confirmation on that? It was presented as a damage buff regardless of weapon in the Ready Up.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

Do we have confirmation on that? It was presented as a damage buff regardless of weapon in the Ready Up.

yes i got that straight from the live test on the official test servers.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

that would be terribad…..so i expect it to be true….would have been a good trait (pve) that 10% applied to any skill damage when enemy has vuln.

can’t have good traits/

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I just…

Attachments:

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

I just…

seems like tonight even you, our brightest light, are lost in the darkness

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I just…

seems like tonight even you, our brightest light, are lost in the darkness

Would be too OP, so I understand why it’s like this.

-tiptoes off to 7.5k burn with engineer-

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

lol, so that was an overwhelming nerf to our weakest weapon. LOL.

Ok, i just can’t… nothing to say anymore.

can’t even generate positive thought…
done…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I’m not at all surprised by this. It would have been nice to get the 10% bonus all the time, but it would make no sense whatsoever for the Axe Training trait to be the best trait when not using axes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

done…

When are you ever positive?

But seriously, the unholy fervor trait only applies to axe?!?! Wtf?!? I was staying pretty positive, saying that they took 3 steps forward 2 steps back but it seems like so far they took only about half of what necros wanted, and not even the good half!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

but before it was 10% damage when holding an axe meaning axe skills, offhand skills and even deathshroud got the damage buff. now its 10% increase to 3 skills (2 of them useless) only if the target has vuln. its a huge nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

done…

But seriously, the unholy fervor trait only applies to axe?!?! Wtf?!? I was staying pretty positive, saying that they took 3 steps forward 2 steps back but it seems like so far they took only about half of what necros wanted, and not even the good half!

ok, perhaps you’re right, but give me something to be positive about? I am still not seeing anything that shifts us up into the meta, or makes us actually carve out a nich. we are literally weaker than most classes right now on the power end of things, and on the condi end of things. Only thing we can do we is transfer, but i am worried it will be to slow to actually keep pace with the speed at which condis are stacked by warriors and engies (for example.), plus the damage they were putting out aside from condis.

I just can’t see how we will compete, but I truly want to see us improve. Maybe I am wrong in being so negative, but I can’t see any reasons to be really positive.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This is official?! Instead of fixing axe they gutted the trait?!

Sigh…

3 more years to go.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Relshdan.6854

I’m not at all surprised by this. It would have been nice to get the 10% bonus all the time, but it would make no sense whatsoever for the Axe Training trait to be the best trait when not using axes.

eww…..you’re defending this kitten trait.

giving it a condition (vuln on enemy) for the 10% was good enough for a master trait. as is now, you have to spend a trait to make a weapon w/ garbage damage 10% less garbage….and still useless.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I mean the good news is that now that staff is buffed I can go back to using staff after like a one and a half year of boycotting it. RIP Unholy Feast, I won’t really miss you because I’m probably going to use the trait to pick up the only useful Axe skill.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

done…

ok, perhaps you’re right, but give me something to be positive about? I am still not seeing anything that shifts us up into the meta, or makes us actually carve out a nich. we are literally weaker than most classes right now on the power end of things, and on the condi end of things. Only thing we can do we is transfer, but i am worried it will be to slow to actually keep pace with the speed at which condis are stacked by warriors and engies (for example.), plus the damage they were putting out aside from condis.

I just can’t see how we will compete, but I truly want to see us improve. Maybe I am wrong in being so negative, but I can’t see any reasons to be really positive.

(Pat pat) gryph….I REALLY don’t blame you I really, really don’t for being so down on the necro changes, you love the class as much as me or the next guy, I can see that. There is some potential, siphons finally going through deathshroud, shrouded removal, staff got A Lot baseline, signets might be a bit more interesting, we did get some team support…some. But seeing some of the nerfs, it’s understandable why you and a lot of people are upset, I just mainly try and help see the positive.

But just one thing be negatively constructive. that’s one attitude we have got to keep in this forum above all else is being negatively constructive…..JESUS I just gave a lecture…I think, does that count as a lecture, and dear lord I do apologize if I come off condescending, don’t mean to. Honestly don’t. Back to the build board for me! Also sorry if I got a bit off topic, typing on phone, hard to hold coherent thoughts.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

The answer would have been to buff the other traits to be better.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Someone said this was 10% for all damage not just axe, and said they worked with the dev to get that in. I guess that person was wrong? That’s really disappointing, I was ready to take unholy fervor tomorrow.

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I understand why it only applies to axe, but gating the damage boost behind cripple seems like poor design to me.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I understand why it only applies to axe, but gating the damage boost behind cripple seems like poor design to me.

Or gating it behind Vulnerability?

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

eww…..you’re defending this kitten trait.

giving it a condition (vuln on enemy) for the 10% was good enough for a master trait. as is now, you have to spend a trait to make a weapon w/ garbage damage 10% less garbage….and still useless.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, the trait is kitten and axe is totally worthless. I’m just saying that, from a design perspective, it would be all sorts of stupid to make the axe training trait better for literally every other weapon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I’m just saying that, from a design perspective, it would be all sorts of stupid to make the axe training trait better for literally every other weapon.

Which is why it’s no longer called “Axe Training”.
It was previewed as a trait that increases damage against vulnerable foes. As a side effect the axe’s cd reduction was added, simply because there is some synergy with the auto attack.

Also, I just don’t buy it before I can test it myself.
If it was true, are they going to change Spiteful Talisman to only be a 5% damage buff to focus skills?

in Necromancer

Relshdan.6854

Also, I just don’t buy it before I can test it myself.
If it was true, are they going to change Spiteful Talisman to only be a 5% damage buff to focus skills?

don’t give them ideas.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

They actually made this big of a change within the one kittening week the trait preview is out? To one of the only good changes they made? And they said it wasn’t the final build?

I… I just can’t. For all we know the changes applied today are “all necros become engis, necros will be deleted from the game. Effective as of right now”. Like…no. I’ll go into the game after the patch is live and propably jump from somewhere high up in a major city over and over and over and over again. Someone atz Anet needs to be fired, and then sued for sabotage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

normally i would quit this game at this point but im too addicted

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Or gating it behind Vulnerability?

yeah that’s what I meant. If it’s gonna be limited by vulnerability, I’d like to see the damage boost changed from 10% to 15%.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I hope this is wrong. I really do.

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Meh, we’re still gonna be bad in PvE anyways and power necro is gonna have even more trouble competing with other zerker builds after patch regardless if we had the extra damage.

Not really surprised. They did the same thing with the scepter and probably will with the focus trait just for lulz.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

(edited by L Step.8659)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This can’t be right. I worked with them on this, and they confirmed how we previously thought it worked was correct… I need to email someone right away.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

This can’t be right. I worked with them on this, and they confirmed how we previously thought it worked was correct… I need to email someone right away.

It could be faulty testing on the stream. I hope this is the case. And plan to test before i believe either way anyway.

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

They propably just went and changed it on a whim in the last 24 hours. I mean they destroyed Lingering Curse the same way. On the first trait preview it was a buff, on the second it was a massive nerf. Same old story.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

They propably just went and changed it on a whim in the last 24 hours. I mean they destroyed Lingering Curse the same way. On the first trait preview it was a buff, on the second it was a massive nerf. Same old story.

New Lingering Curse is in every way better than old Lingering Curse. Unholy Fervor, if it only affects Axe skills, is a flat nerf to the old trait.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

New Lingering Curse is in every way better than old Lingering Curse. Unholy Fervor, if it only affects Axe skills, is a flat nerf to the old trait.

Actually no, the first new LC they showed was adding duration to all conditions you applied while wielding a scepter. Now they made it only scepter skills again. The have nerfed a lot of the positive changes they showed in the first trait preview, and they added more nerfs that they hadn’t shown.

in Necromancer

gavyne.6847

Please confirm for us, thank you. To see this trait receive a nerf is just dumb and unwarranted. But then we say the same with CC and plague changes, so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities.

in Necromancer

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m worried they may have spot changed it for some reason after working it through before. I’ve just contacted the right people, I only hope they get back to me before the patch hits.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

gavyne.6847

Tool tip clearly states it’s 10% damage for axe skills only, fail. gg

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Confirmed.
And I’ve just tested the damage, it really just buffs the axe.
What the hell?!

in Necromancer

Rising Dusk.2408

I have failed you all. ;-;

I’ll try very hard to get a lot of visibility on this for the next set of fixes.

in Necromancer

L Step.8659

It’s okay Rising, we’re used to it.

We all saw the thread and report you made.

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

sigh. So in the end we have almost only gotten nerfs. Just peachy.

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

I’ll try very hard to get a lot of visibility on this for the next set of fixes.

no dusk, anet failed you…

in Necromancer

flow.6043

no dusk, anet failed you…

Indeed.

I’d really like to know who looked at the previewed version and said: yeah.. no! sneaky-ninja-nerf!!! trololo

Like Chill of Death won’t be more popular in PvP anyway…

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Another big glaring issue. Mark of Evasion procs even when you are out of combat. Was trolling and annoying the feck out of me in arah.

in Necromancer

L Step.8659

Another big glaring issue. Mark of Evasion procs even when you are out of combat. Was trolling and annoying the feck out of me in arah.

I noticed this as well. It seems they like to give us a lot of things that put us in combat.

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

RIP, you tried man.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Unbelievable.
That makes Mark of Evasion the only damaging on-dodge trait in the game that works out of combat.
It didn’t really matter before because no one took Blood Magic anyway, or Mark of Evasion as a major trait for that matter.
But how on earth does Anet overlook something like this when they are doing a rework of the entire specialization and in the process put MoE into a minor slot?

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Oh-em-gee. Pun intended.

Leman