wait, is Greatsword anti-Dodge?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

With the cast time and animations on Reaper Greatsword, could it be that the Greatsword is Anti-Dodge like Ranger Sword?

Could a beta tester test this out please?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The ranger sword is anti-dodge because it’s attack is quickly and the problem occour because of it’s animation, that cause problems when you want to dodge.
With a slow weapon, you have all the time you want to stop the attack and dodge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ranger weapons effect dodges because they have leaps and evades tied to the auto attacks. And these cant be interrupted. I doubt anet will ever design weapons like that again. Its a cause for mainy complaints.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Yep Ive got lots of experience with ranger sword auto attack. Its because it has 2 short leaps that trigger after autos which lock out dodge.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Speaking of leaps, evades, and dodges…

Death’s Charge needs an evade attached to it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

No it really doesn’t.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Best I could give to it would be a projectile block. Reflects and evades are too much. Even a projectile block is to much for its short Cooldown. I feel safe saying none of the above are likely.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Best I could give to it would be a projectile block. Reflects and evades are too much. Even a projectile block is to much for its short Cooldown. I feel safe saying none of the above are likely.

… Aaaand then you realize Revenants have a large, one directional, 50% uptime projectile block (without eventual cd reducing traits). Let’s say you would have 2 seconds of projectile defense on the Charge, and those were factored into the 6 seconds, that’d still only be a 33% uptime on a smaller scale (it could be tuned to almost only cover the necro), and additionally you’d dash forward, possibly into melee range. Oh and Revenants block is a combo-field with a 100% chance projectile finisher on the same weapons AA.

With the -cd investment it would also be a 50% uptime. Although personally i think CPC should get the block. persisting, not pulsing. But it’d make sense from the animation of Death’s Charge, and as illustrated above, nothing that should be considered broken(from the Dev’s perspective i mean. I still think Revenants “go f**** yourselves projectile-users” skill is BS.)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Hammer didn’t seem like that threatening of a weapon though, honestly. Looked like a control/defensive weapon and leaves a lot of open area. Plus they only have 1 weapon, where this is attached to our basic mechanic (RS), so there are some differences. I also doubt there will be weapon CD traits on Revenant since it’s built to already run on very low CDs with it’s mixed resource system (energy+time).

I’m not arguing against it. I would like the blocker, but reflect/evade are too much. And frankly, as slow as it is, I’d much rather any defenses like this be put on the GS than RS. RS will be fairly tanky, it’s outside of RS where I’m more concerned. Part of me wishes the LF was moved elsewhere and we had an Evade/block on our #3 spot instead.

And 900 range on GS5 pull!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Why would a weapon with large, slow, telegraphed attacks be anti-dodge?

I’m confused.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Why would a weapon with large, slow, telegraphed attacks be anti-dodge?

I’m confused.

Anti-dodge is referring to weapon mechanics that lock you out of being able to dodge if I’m not mistaken.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Anti-dodge is referring to weapon mechanics that lock you out of being able to dodge if I’m not mistaken.

Oh I see. Isn’t this just the very first portion (about half a second) of nightfall?

Nalhadia – Kaineng