well update feedback

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

In the last patch they updated wells a bit
Well of blood now has a 30 second cooldown
however the trait remains at the 35 second cooldown.
well of darkness now has a 35 second cooldown
and they fixed a bug with animations

Well of blood
healing ok
cast time is wierd with all the other wells having 1/4 cast

Well of darkness
it really needs something else maybe a stun break

Vampiric rituals
I do not notice the lifestealing from this trait, It’s there but it very rarely determines the outcome of a fight. The trait doesn’t even change the way I use my wells because the secondary effect isn’t worth it.

conclusion
vampiric rituals and well of darkness needs work to be brought to a competitive level.

suggestions
Wells partially revive allies in an area every time they pulse. Reduces recharge of wells.
*another trait would be changed too.

Well of darkness
add stunbreak
add a ring of warding effect
increase cooldown

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

yeah man sounds solid

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

just make well of darkness a smoke field. well of suffering needs more damage and so does corruption well. well of power should grant resistance so we don’t suffer from our conditions while they are being transfered to boons

+ add elite well skill already come on…

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Well of Blood got an indirect buff in the form of blasting light fields for condi removal (though this relies on other players since necro lacks blast finishers).
On the Well of Darkness subject, I’d say it needs either:
A. a damage modifier. So that it can be used as part of a well bomb (about half of corruption maybe?).
B. a projectile block. So it can be used as part of a power setup for projectile hate (instead of cpc which is condi, don’t tell me otherwise).
C. something else entirely. A cooldown reduction doesn’t make it more viable anet. Stop telling yourself it does.

just make well of darkness a smoke field. well of suffering needs more damage and so does corruption well. well of power should grant resistance so we don’t suffer from our conditions while they are being transfered to boons

After Mesmer wells were introduced with a 3s duration, I got it in my head that they should reduce Necro wells to a 3s duration but double the current effects (with one of my suggested changes to well of darkness).
So well of suffering does the same total damage but half the duration (aka double pulse damage).
Well of Corruption corrupts 2 boons per pulse + same damage for total duration.
Well of Power turns 2 conditions into boons per pulse.
I also think that all wells that do not currently have damage should gain a very minor one, so that they then will trigger the vampiric and vampiric aura traits (like they used to before anet fixed it as a “bug”).
An elite well would also be great. Something with burning and high damage, so it can be used for both power and condi builds.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Lots of great suggestions, people.

For myself, I would like longer protection for the Necro on the trait. Well of Darkness could also reflect making it useful for something entirely different.

Un-nerf Chilling Darkness, too, at least partially.

On fields, another option might be for the field itself to linger a few more seconds allowing groups to build a strategy around using them.

The wells buff in the update did not change my use for them, either.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

i like that necro wells last longer on the ground. im all for keeping the skill effects pretty and immersive. i remember how game looked in 2010, skills were beautiful and looked powerful. now we have only performance-cheap leftovers, looking at you cpc

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I, too, miss the visual effects of fields. Rather than simply them to colored circles to reduce clutter, I wish the first field hides any others, or relevant sections, until it expires, then the next field shows, and so on.

Of course, that will not work for WvW.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

I love necro but its not a solo roamer class anymore… anyone else notice what happened to necro condi? it hits for nothing and even the mechanic or whittling down the enemy is useless with the sustain and clear builds available to all other professions.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Graphics were completely fine, they just needed to allow you to do like in FFXIV where you can turn off other people’s aoe spell effects.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Even further off topic, I really miss the FF style combo and chat system. I could (1) add a comment on skill use like “Well of Darkness” or say “dark field”, (2) set a timer at its use that would also warn the group in chat that a skill was coming off CD would soon initiate the combo, again, and (3) combinations had stronger effects and their potency varied depending on who or what they were used on so everyone trained to use them properly.

Years of the simple system in GW2 have not dulled that memory.

Imagine dropping a dark field, then a group member blasting with fire for a Nova AoE that adds 100 condition damage to the skill’s base burning, followed by someone else with a light finisher within half a second for a holy fire finisher that auto-crits with 150 extra power and 2X condition duration for the 2nd stage burning blast.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

How about they combine Well of Weariness and Well of Silence from GW1 into a new well… Well of Fragility?

• Well of Fragility – Foes are weakened, lose endurance, and cannot use shouts.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

How about they combine Well of Weariness and Well of Silence from GW1 into a new well… Well of Fragility?

• Well of Fragility – Foes are weakened, lose endurance, and cannot use shouts.

That would be useless against non player foes though.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Also add Elite Well… And make it USEFUL!

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I’d like a well that:
-Deal damage
-Trap foes
-Steal 5 endurance on pulse
-Increase the damage taken from all source by 10%

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Well of Dhuumfire
-deals damage (well of suffering or above levels of damage) and burns per pulse.
-allies gain a buff whilst stood inside the well, granting +x% damage vs burning foes.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

yass the idea of increasing damage taken is magnificent. I think necromancer overall should have some traits allowing to cap vulnerability at more than 25 stacks. but an elite well that would increase damage taken by 10% while it’s affecting the enemy would create a nice spot for bursting some phases like keep construct!

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Ok how about an elite well that makes each stack of vuln on enemies 2X as effective? That makes it so Anet doesn’t have to mess with the stack cap. It would basically be like mesmer fragility but on a well so your team mates gain the effect for the duration.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Elite well that combines both WoP and WoC
Call it Well of Get off My kittening Point

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Elite well that combines both WoP and WoC
Call it Well of Get off My kittening Point

So Null Field with damage?

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Well of Meta
3/4 cast 60cd
Well. Target area pulses, changing enemy’s metabolism at an alarming rate. Vulnerable targets receive more damage.
Damage (10x): 9001
Damage Increase: 10%
Number of Targets: 5
Pulse: 1 second
Duration: 10 seconds
Radius: 360
Combo Field: Smoke
Range: 900
Unblockable

well update feedback

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

i get people want a smoke field on a necro but whats the point? You really cant combo it for stealth

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

i get people want a smoke field on a necro but whats the point? You really cant combo it for stealth

you’re incorrect

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

I’m against the idea of making it a smoke field. Seems very tacked on.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

you’re incorrect

so this well would do damage while letting you be in stealth? So if the well ticks damage you still stay stealthed?

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

no, you can blast/leap for stealth out of combat or during combat whirl for blinding bolts

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

no, you can blast/leap for stealth out of combat or during combat whirl for blinding bolts

Seems like a cheap excuse to shoehorn stealth on necro though.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

why would you use an elite well out of combat for a few seconds of stealth?

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Exactly.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

to skip mobs in a dungeon

well update feedback

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

you wouldnt get enough stealth to reliably skip anything you couldnt outrun anyway

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostt.1293

Ghostt.1293

how to fix the whole profession( in my perspective )
Axe:
axe is cooler than dagger so make axe stronger than dagger, no one wants to carry a war horn because of fashion reasons.(life force gain on the axe auto attack will make allot of people happy)

Greatsword:
Just because we can slow enemies doesn’t we have to be slow asWell.(badumm tsss) Just make gs faster already and give it 600 range, with the auto attack shooting off shadow slashes on the first two hits and a wide ice slash with 650 range on the third hit. (and put the poison back on the Grasping Darkness)

The reaper shroud:
just make it equally strong as elementalist
make infuse terror last longer and share the stability with 10 allies when you press terrify for some decent support.

blood magic :
we need stronger life steal(allot more stronger) I mean common guys this a necromancer.

death magic :
superior rune of revenge? toughness and ferocity
converts 7 % toughness to ferocity
(just like rune of the wurm)
dont delete Cavalier’s stats if you are planning to use this idea.

elite specs:
No longer need to equip the the elite spec trait to be able to equip the new weapon.
example: you can now wield greatsword as a necromancer as soon as you unlock the last skill/trait of your reaper. This will turn build making to a new level for all professions.

And i know that leaked info of the next expansion probably wont be used in the upcoming expansion…. so in before hand don’t use SANDshroud if you really gonna give us torch (sadly) make scorch shroud something fiery that matches the weapon.
ritualist:
A longbow shooting homing shadow spirits, with shadow spirit (turrets) as utility skills would allot better (but that is just me dreaming )

I hope I could help out a little bit to make necromancer cooler and hopefully better.
I’m not telling you what you guys should or must do with the game you made and designed. I just don’t want to be disappointed anymore this my all time favorite class since gw1 we are being ignored by the whole raid community and neglected by the developers.
So for me this game will die with the profession.

best regards some random Elonian necromancer who is crying in a corner in the raid lobby :’(

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

you wouldnt get enough stealth to reliably skip anything you couldnt outrun anyway

maybe you wouldn’t, but i would. i can execute 4 stealth combos on necro, each gives 3 seconds of stealth

well update feedback

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

maybe you wouldn’t, but i would. i can execute 4 stealth combos on necro, each gives 3 seconds of stealth

oh you are totally right im to s-s-s-toopid to figure out rs2,wurm, BMs.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I just keep a bunch of Harpy Feathers handy, though it does nothing for group utility. They got me to that hard-to-reach POI in the leather farm.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

how to fix the whole profession( in my perspective )
Axe:
axe is cooler than dagger so make axe stronger than dagger, no one wants to carry a war horn because of fashion reasons.(life force gain on the axe auto attack will make allot of people happy)

Axe is range. Range should never be as powerful as melee.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

That is generally true but Arenanet prefers to call it trading risk for power rather than go strictly by range. Longbow on Ranger is an example (that sort of works). They seem to make exceptions case by case.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Don’t I recall them also saying that axe being “at range, but not a ranged weapon” in the sense that it doesn’t get blocked by projectile things, etc, was kind of regrettable from their pov?

well update feedback

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

Well of Meta

1/2 cast 120cd
Up to 5 enemies and up to 5 allies transform into necromancers for 1 min.
Outgoing damage increase by 10%. Incoming damage decreased by 10%
Unblockable

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Don’t I recall them also saying that axe being “at range, but not a ranged weapon” in the sense that it doesn’t get blocked by projectile things, etc, was kind of regrettable from their pov?

so is scepter on ele and its currently meta, so argument invalid

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Well of Meta

1/2 cast 120cd
Unblockable

that is not what i wrote so please dont put my name in the quote

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

That’s certainly a fair counter to that. I actually kind of like the idea of axe being more used, btw, just wasn’t that hopeful…

well update feedback

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

different classes, so argument invalid =(

well update feedback

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

Well of Meta

1/2 cast 120cd
Unblockable

Taking ourselves to serious huh

well update feedback

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Well of Meta

1/2 cast 120cd
Unblockable

Taking ourselves to serious huh

standing in a corner pressing one is serious business.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

I tried a bit with wells on my power necro in pvp. I only use 2 but with the chronomancer runes I am having a blast. A gravedigger with quickness on a power necro has caught many off guard. People usually wait a bit before they dodge, but my gravedigger hits faster than usual, and hits like a truck. With “rise” and the protect on wells, I’m very hard to kill, even going full zerk. Throwing down a well, going into reaper shroud and spamming 1 with quickness is pretty fun too.

In PvE wells are still garbage though. Maybe remove the cast time and cooldown al together?

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

to skip mobs in a dungeon

What a stupid dumb kittened idea… pve only. So majority of game modes ( wvw and pvp) get yet another useless elite.

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

wvw? pvp? this still exists?

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Because killing scripted Ai foes is soooooooooooooooo much fun.
/s

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

/s

Yeah, instead spiking 20k HP health pools and bombing aoe on some capture point is so much better.

When you aren’t playing the game of maybe hit the thief after his 1836749263492 evades are off, his 3 teleports are wasted, and you haven died from his autoattacks in case his headshot spam proccing PI on YOUR autoattacks didn’t kill you by that time.

Or maybe the incredible fun of killing mongoloid warriors who go immune to damage for 10+ seconds while having 25 sec cd CC that’s usually a fraction of all stunbreaks in the game.

Or maybe getting spear pulled into a nest of traps to die immediately.

Yeah, the spvp in this game is soooo much fun and well designed.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

well update feedback

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

/s

Yeah, instead spiking 20k HP health pools and bombing aoe on some capture point is so much better.

When you aren’t playing the game of maybe hit the thief after his 1836749263492 evades are off, his 3 teleports are wasted, and you haven died from his autoattacks in case his headshot spam proccing PI on YOUR autoattacks didn’t kill you by that time.

Or maybe the incredible fun of killing mongoloid warriors who go immune to damage for 10+ seconds while having 25 sec cd CC that’s usually a fraction of all stunbreaks in the game.

Or maybe getting spear pulled into a nest of traps to die immediately.

Yeah, the spvp in this game is soooo much fun and well designed.

Ikr spvp sucks. WvW is where it’s at.