what they are doing to blood

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

this is just hear say but from what i have gathered is that not only necros are getting changes in this department but are also getting some group support with an aura which also allows group members to life siphon .

this is where the straw that broke the camels back . in some fashion it can be either op or weak . how are they going to find that good juicy middle that not only warrants the need for necros in dungeons / fractals but not puts us exiled like we currently are ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

If it works simply as stated in the livestream, then the aura will give nearby allies the ability to steal health.

If I was balancing it., I would make it a persistent 5 target ability and be on par with Regeneration for health per second, while adding 10% more damage to each ally affected. Vampiric Aura should also probably stack in effectiveness up to 5 per Necro within range. So what are we looking at siphon wise?

I’m thinking about a starting damage/healing of 100 and scaling up from there based on Power and Healing Power to 150-200 damage/healing per hit.

Also I would make the effect stack per Necro within range to a max of 5 auras. That way Necros with vamapiric auras become quite useful in WvW as regen and extra DPS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Their plan, as they mentioned to us, was to give Vampiric Aura (more proof they definitely listen) through a trait, seemingly merged with Bloodthirst. They also briefly mentioned something about Transfusion ressing allies, but that wasn’t mentioned much so that might not be happening, I wouldn’t put too much weight on that.

The best part about them talking about Blood as the source of support is that it is our base profession. No worrying about support builds being forced into an Elite specialization, we can get at least some from Blood.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: bargamer.1762

bargamer.1762

I would like to see an addition to a Blood Magic trait where excess Life Force is converted into heals. Good candidates for this include Vampiric, Bloodthirst, and Transfusion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

I would like to see an addition to a Blood Magic trait where excess Life Force is converted into heals. Good candidates for this include Vampiric, Bloodthirst, and Transfusion.

This is an excellent idea! I cannot recommend it highly enough.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The whole group life siphon thing sounds great but PvE has to change to need it. Right now, might, stealth, and reflect are wanted.