where nemesis tutorial?

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

What happened? Have been removed?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

What… they seriously did that… ?

After everything i’ve done for the game and the community… prizing the build system for months on end…

As soon as i said something like this… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/PvP-balance-bugs-the-necro-dec-10-patch/first#post3378910

They remove my thread… i am out of words to give…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

They did? I can still see it!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: dolfie.3508

dolfie.3508

i cant…its gone…:/

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

His last video called a spade a spade. I don’t think it would have gone down too well. The penny has to drop soon that players will not keep accepting what is seen as sub-par and directionless changes.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemic.8341

Nemic.8341

It’s still there, they have just removed it as sticker.

Nemesis Tutorial

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

This is what it has come down to… after praising the game and the company for over 6 months, one time i talk about the things they are doing wrong in my opinion… and they remove the pinned thread…

I understand trolls, negative feedback and the strong personal opinion about a certain idea/person… but a company is suppose to be above such things…

It is expected out of a company and their employs to be professional regardless their mood…

What i said… i said only for the good of the game. If i wanted to just troll i would have worked a lot less… and be much more popular then i am now… because trolls are famous, criminals are politicians and people that should not handle balance in MMORPGs, do handle balance in MMORPGs…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

No it seems that they remove all pinned threads from the classes. This also happend to engies and warriors sub forums and i guess they will remove them from the other class sub forums too.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathenShada.6397

DeathenShada.6397

I hope they put them back Nemesis has the best builds for necro, it’s going to be harder for new players to find them now.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

It’s on page 10…. just bump it….

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

To be fair, Nemesis, a lot of your older videos are out of date now. I doubt it was a grudge-related thing.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ogii.6958

Ogii.6958

Un-stickied. And after all of the blood, sweat and tears that Nemmy has poured into our favorite profession…

We all know they take a lot of heat from this forum in particular, but it seems Arenanet developers and moderators aren’t going to take kindly to any sort of criticism no matter who you are or how civil you are about it. To be honest, I was pretty let down after taking a months-long break from this game and coming back to find the forums in a similar state to when I stopped playing earlier this year. The same professions continue to feel looked out for while other professions continue to feel like an afterthought.

So, to Nemesis: sorry man. You’ve been a champion of our cause for a long time. If that thread was taken down in response to anything you said, it’s too bad one of the most valuable resources in our community’s opinion can’t be respected.

To the developers: It’s heartening for us as players when you experiment with traits – it tells us that you recognize room for improvement in some area and are willing to try to provide a creative solution. But then something like Dhuumfire is implemented and all of the associated aftermath happens. No matter how good the intention, those patches tell us 1) that you’re continuing to grasp at the role you want Necromancer to fill and 2) that you lack a very thoughtful approach.

I like to think of Necromancer as an old, leaky boat – you can try to plug up one of the holes with a super awesome plug that fire shoots out of, but three more holes will just appear in its place. As proud as you are of your old boat and all of the work you’ve put in to keep it afloat, there comes a time to honor the service of the boat and its crew by graciously sinking it to the bottom of the ocean. Then you can build a new boat with the powers of attrition and sustain that the old boat was meant to have, but kept departing from.

Edit: re-worded some kitten.

(edited by Ogii.6958)

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

To be fair, Nemesis, a lot of your older videos are out of date now. I doubt it was a grudge-related thing.

This is very possible but they never said anything lol. Could have been a simple post on that threat saying the tutorial was out of date.. ez :P

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Actually the tutorials were/are a good measure of how much things have changed/deteriorated over time. Maybe there is a reason there?

I know it is their game but to dump so much effort that has been put in by one of their stalwart supporters says a lot to me. I hope other “defenders” take heed…. expendability pops into mind.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathenShada.6397

DeathenShada.6397

They’re not out of date, every time a big patch that mess his build comes out he re-does the builds.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nihilatus.1708

nihilatus.1708

Just coming back to this game and trying to pick up necro again, Nemesis’ tutorials help me a lot.

I can’t believe such a comprehensive post could be unpinned in silence and without any reason or substitution (if it existed).

What a terrible way to administrate.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

No… it was just my guides that got unpinned, all the other people that had pinned guides on other forums still remain.
I feel somewhat cheated…

No reason to make a big fuss about it, but it is kind of a big deal from an objective point of view… This is how it started with Blizzard as well, and now 2 years later Blizzard mods troll the community on the forums.

TESO has a lot of complains about it… Titan got scraped… most companies that did good single player games went bankrupt…

I wonder if there is a future for gaming…

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I have great hopes with CD Projekt.

Sorry bro. I don’t understand Anet way to do things.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

CD Project… i hope they won’t disappear as well. They spend too much time and effort into bringing quality. That use to be a good thing… but in these days, that is no longer appreciated as it should.
I remember 1 year into Witchers 2 they were still bringing out free updates for the game…
Last company i can say i trust… and after seeing what they had planned for Witchers 3… my jaw moved towards dropping.

So yeah…

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

That’s pretty ordinary.

A-net are building themselves a pretty bad reputation here… completely ignoring issues, pages and pages of threads without acknowledgement and now this?

Makes you wonder what’s going on.

Disappointed.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

When the servers crashed as the game went live. Game/Webserver were offline.
On facebook there was photo’s of them drinking beer, eating cake & having arm wrestles. Saying this was the best & smoothest release of a online game ever.
I posted saying, that the game & web server is offline.
BANNED from Facebook!
I didn’t even troll, which was kinda tempting… ;-)

I’ve bought copy’s of GW2 for friends. Only 1 actually played long enough to get 80, then quit.
I spent about 6 hr’s writing up, why they wouldn’t play GW2, yet put in many, many hours in other MMO’s.
Not trolling, simply trying to explane what I loved about GW2, but what they didn’t. What they were shocked/appalled about this game.
That thread got removed within 2 hours.

I’ve had posts removed for saying ‘other MMOs get around this problem this way’.

I also, still can’t get over 1/3rd downed life. What was it, 4months for a ‘we can’t replicate it reply’, 6months for a ‘this won’t affect new necros’. (Even tho it did, they could just roll a new necro and test it’s downed life).
Then, how many months later did it get a fix…

Latest was Putrid Mark, 3 months before that got a reply of, oh we’ll fix the tooltip sometime. (Still don’t know, was it a intended ninja stealth HUGE nerf to necros, or a bug they just CBF fixing?)

I’ve thought since the day it went live, they need to make there chat fascists get on the job of reply to listed bugs, even if they just wrote ‘noted, thanks’…

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

this is very sad. If a Dev or a mod see this can we understand why this was unstickied? it was a good thread, much of that information is still valid.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Just a question. How did you get it stickied in the first place? Did you pm a mod or something?

Im surprised they took it down. Ive seen a few other similar threads have been taken down aswell. Which is worrying because I was hoping to get my guide stickied for those who wish optimize necro for dungeons. We shouldnt have to constantly bump guides which are there to help the community.

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

I also, still can’t get over 1/3rd downed life. What was it, 4months for a ‘we can’t replicate it reply’, 6months for a ‘this won’t affect new necros’. (Even tho it did, they could just roll a new necro and test it’s downed life).
Then, how many months later did it get a fix…

Latest was Putrid Mark, 3 months before that got a reply of, oh we’ll fix the tooltip sometime. (Still don’t know, was it a intended ninja stealth HUGE nerf to necros, or a bug they just CBF fixing?)

I’ve thought since the day it went live, they need to make there chat fascists get on the job of reply to listed bugs, even if they just wrote ‘noted, thanks’…

Not even sure if I should mention this, but there happens to be a developer who represents my guild every now and then – or used to before my guild died due to disinterest, anyway. This developer is a former member of the QA team and apparently had a large role in fixing numerous dungeon bugs. A guildmate and I tend to be rather vocal about glitches and other random things that occur (like falling through the world when attempting to avoid fall damage in fractals via death shroud), and on several occasions this developer inquired about it and said that it was noted. Coincidentally, in the next patch, the bug would be fixed, even if the bug was very old.

So far this has coincided with:

-Necromancer downed health
-Spiteful Talisman not functioning in PvE
-Tiers of Runes of Perplexity having their costs reversed
-Staff abilities being reset to full cooldown when interrupted
-Putrid Mark tooltip fix (this one took a few patches, so the link is perhaps nonexistent)
-Flaming rocks being invisible in CoF p1 (not even sure if this is fixed, but two ANet developers were with me in the dungeon when I witnessed this one)

Perhaps the issues stem from a lack of communication.

(edited by amiavamp.9785)

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I can confirm its not only yourself Nemesis who has had their thread removed as a sticky. It looks like they have been going through the various class forums and having a clean out of guides that haven’t been updated in a while.

One example is a thread created on the Guardian forum https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Burn-Build-guide-unsticky/

I also know of a couple of others that have been removed from other class sections, I wish they would add yours back tho as altho they may not be upto date. Alot hasn’t changed with the class since you created them and they are good for anyone starting out playing a Necro.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

where nemesis tutorial?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Perhaps the issues stem from a lack of communication.

Yeh, exactly my point. They can take the time to go through the forums deleting anything that mentions another game, (even if not saying game(s) name) or anything that could be seen as negative about this one.

But don’t reply for months on the bug forums, if ever at all.

Putrid Mark for example. That was the main ‘condi manipulation’ tool, that made a necro have that role in the game. Changing the way it worked, without adding it to the patch notes. Not replying for months. Then saying, oh we’ll update the tool tip sometime.

Necro’s role is condi manipulation to Necro has NO role, is a pretty major thing. They bothered explane there reasons for reducing 1 bleed stack from a mark last patch, not totally re-doing how it worked…