which race for necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Freddiepeddi.8123

Freddiepeddi.8123

Hello. Im going to start to play a Necromancer, however i have a bit of a problem to choose a race that fits thematicly. I only care about thematics and lore in pve. It doesnt have to be the most effective race because i do not play wvw or pvp, i just want the profession to fit the race.
I was thinking about Sylvari because i like the race and they feel magical. or the norn.
Whats your thoughts, which race do you play for your norn and why?
Feel free to suggest other professions to different races to.
Thanks!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emergencee.8259

Emergencee.8259

I went with sylvari for my necro, mainly because I love the sylvari areas, aesthetics, and personal story options. I wanted to do asura at first, but I couldn’t stand the superiority complex aspect of the personality.

That said, the race you pick doesn’t actually have an impact on the class, so go with whatever strikes your fancy. You can always remake if you decide you want to try something different!

(edited by Emergencee.8259)

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I have a Sylvari necromancer.

I went with with a design goal of “rotting log.” It looks pretty good even in starter armor.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Humans make sense to me, both in game and the real world. There are many cultures in history that have a great fascination with death and, in game, there is also Grenth.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Norn fits necro best for me, but I picked asura.. But there’s something wrong with me – in example I have 4 guardians now.. all are asuras..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

Human of course.

You can be a follower of Grenth – god of death, darkness and ice. humans also look good in every armor and they also have the most experience with necromancy out of all playable races.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Charrs obviously.

Best quotes, by far. Also, dope voice actor.

You can spot Necromancers in Ash Legion. And you will be pretty unique as a Charr Necro among Heavy-only WvW Charrs and the flood of copy-paste humans&asurans.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Humans have worshipers of Grenth who are dedicated to death.

Charr haven’t abandoned magic and the ash legion does favor Necromancers over other casters. Although i can’t tell you why, I might have to look that up.

Norn are known to worship the Raven which is a carrion feeder and death would be something they understand as a part of the balance of nature.

Asura are interesting. The Asura’s most influential golemmancers of their history all used necromancy to improve their golemmancy. Oola and Blimm use it to great extent. Blimm even adopted human traditions to help improve his golemmancy.

The Sylvari is extremely fitting as well. In lore, the sylvari are less intimidated by death then the other races and even see it as a part of nature to be understood.

Basically, I’m not helping. All of the races fit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Mine is sylvari. I feel it’s more “earthy”, more about life and also the new race in gw2.

But I believe the best fit in lore is human.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gumby.9140

Gumby.9140

Asura because I have my alts set-up like a family (dont ask me why it just made sense at the time)

Weeaboo Slayer

in Necromancer

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

all races are setup to make sense as every profession:

asura may look technologic but they are really just scholars of magic and fit every “caster” profession easily

sylvary are themselves highly magical and necromancy fits well with their naturalistic theme, might be worth noting that one of the main characters in the story is a sylvary necromancer.

norn have a thing for ancestor spirits and the likes, a norn necromancers can do just fine

humans are possibly the most suited because, by lore, they have a god of necromancy and their necromancers are invested with funeral rites in society

the only one that in my opinion, lore wise, doesn’t fit too much is charr, while charr themselves can be very adept magic users the past few centuries of lore turned their society towards metal and gunpowder and they are in a civil war with the fire magic using faction of their society making them more likely to be engineers and warriors than necromancers (and especially elementalists)

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Charr haven’t abandoned magic and the ash legion does favor Necromancers over other casters. Although i can’t tell you why, I might have to look that up.

I guess Elementalists are just too flashy for sneaky Ash Legion-stuff. Why they dont also favor Mesmers however, this i dont know.

the only one that in my opinion, lore wise, doesn’t fit too much is charr, while charr themselves can be very adept magic users the past few centuries of lore turned their society towards metal and gunpowder and they are in a civil war with the fire magic using faction of their society making them more likely to be engineers and warriors than necromancers (and especially elementalists)

nah, there are lots of Charr with magic potential and they would be stupid not to use that. Charr dont care much about how they win, as long as they win. And that includes the use of magic.
There’s some prejudice when it comes to casters and fire elementalists especially, but nothing more.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

i’m not saying there can’t be charr spellcasters but from the perspective of recent charr history they are definitely less of a thing compared to other races.

say you were a charr cub at a fahrar, on one hand everyone is so proud of the warmachines your society built, on the other no one trusts or like spellcasters too much, even if you were gifted would you rather get your hands of that nice rifle that is a charr great achievement or learn some stupid magic that your instructor doesn’t even like?

i say, lore wise, charr necros (casters overall) don’t really fit this era as much as the other races.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

ALL races!
Though I only have 3.. Why? Cuz im nutty.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

i’m not saying there can’t be charr spellcasters but from the perspective of recent charr history they are definitely less of a thing compared to other races.

say you were a charr cub at a fahrar, on one hand everyone is so proud of the warmachines your society built, on the other no one trusts or like spellcasters too much, even if you were gifted would you rather get your hands of that nice rifle that is a charr great achievement or learn some stupid magic that your instructor doesn’t even like?

i say, lore wise, charr necros (casters overall) don’t really fit this era as much as the other races.

My Charr disagrees.

Charr Necromancers may not be as popular overall among Soldiers as Warriors or such.

But Ash Legion has quite a number of Necros (Life Siphon).

Besides, if you’re not like everyone else around, you become more valuable.

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

if i suck at shooting a rifle, but am very talented at making things bleed and run away with magic, then i’d rather go for necromancy.

and as i said, i dont think it’s true that ‘no one trusts or like spellcasters too much’. i remember the elementalist-NPC in the personal charr story complaining about some occasional trust issues, but that’s pretty much it

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

I have a Sylvari necromancer.

I went with with a design goal of “rotting log.” It looks pretty good even in starter armor.

Same here, I also love how nightmare armor fits both male and female sylvari.

Attachments: