why arent we able to stomp in DS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Yes i know that, if pushed ds and stomp at the same time, we can ds stomp, but, when already in ds, we have to leave ds for a stomp, which ,at some times, is not what we want.
So what is the reason for not be able to stomp in ds, i mean no healing in ds i can understand somewhat (from a balance stand point, but in my opinion is a bad design), but stomping in ds, we can still be interrupted, so i think balance is not a good reason for this.

Well a reason for this could be that ds was once our down state, which would be op in this case, but that was a long time ago, so i think Anet should change that.

Its also not a skill but a classe mechanic which makes it worse, in my opinion , as no class mechanic should give so much disadvantages.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I completely agree. Other classes even stomp in invulnerability skills which means 100% guaranteed stomp. We can’t even use ds to protect ourselves while trying to stomp desperately. (without unofficial f+f1 technique ofc, if this fails you have to wait 10s to re-enter ds)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Because ANet is dumb. If an engi the size of a cat’s testicle can stomp me, an undead phantom should be able to as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Stop your QQ. Warriors cant stomp with x2 their HP, guardians cant. The last thing necro’s need is a buff. DS is too abundant to be able to use for stomps. Thieves stealth stomp can be interrupted very easily or even be killed while trying to stomp. Ele mist form is on a very long CD so I dont see why it’s such a big deal we dont have some Op way of stomping people. Just kill the person again? <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Just let us stomp in DS in PvE.
I really don’t care for PvP balance and stuff. But with all that downed mobs in PvE lately, not being able to stomp is a major annoyance.
In fact, I changed my build to be not DS dependend at all because of that, which I find kind of sad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’m more concerned with our inability to rez in shroud. It’s our one defensive measure and yet we’re forced to do the most vulnerable task without it. Meanwhile other classes can rez from stealth and invulnerability. Where is the balance in this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Stop your QQ. Warriors cant stomp with x2 their HP, guardians cant. The last thing necro’s need is a buff. DS is too abundant to be able to use for stomps. Thieves stealth stomp can be interrupted very easily or even be killed while trying to stomp. Ele mist form is on a very long CD so I dont see why it’s such a big deal we dont have some Op way of stomping people. Just kill the person again? <3

I’m not sure these objections are relevant. A non-FitG stomp can be interrupted and you can be killed if enough damage is done.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say about warriors and guardians… I think you’re talking about the DS lifebar. If that’s the case, then you’re right, they don’t have an extra lifebar. Just slot access to stability, heavy armor and, in the case of the warrior, an OPed healing signet.

The point is, this isn’t really a buff since we can already shroudstomp. This is about whether or not we should have normal access to a “safe stomp” ability that all other classes do.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I dont see how that would be op. We can still be interrupted (we dont have shade anymore…) and your agrument with the 1.6x HP (1,78 if 30 points in sr) wouldnt make it op, as you can still burst a necro down in ds (and if you cannot do that, then you would probably not be able without the necro in ds).

I still think the only reason for this is that ds was once our downstate and Anet never changed those things like stomping and rezzing in ds. Maybe they never thought of this. So i would be interrested if this really is intended or only a result of those changes long ago. And if intended i would like to know the reasons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Agreed, theres no reason what so ever for us not to be able to, its not like we’re immune to all forms of damage or anything while doing it. We can still be taken out of deathshroud and we can still be CC’d.

The argument that its harder for thieves to cap is hilarious. They can stealth cap and they can use the steal cap? the ability that blinks them away and blinks them back.

Id like a way to reliably try to cap someone without being a sitting duck, waiting for plague to secure that cap is annoying to say the least.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

Necro is the only class that has to use an elite to do a 100% or close to it stomp.
Every other class can use stealth or a utility to get stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Its because DS is classes as a transformation, making you unable to interact with things in general.

Rangers had the exact same compaint over our Signet of the Wild, which on certain builds in the source of stability but also prevented us from stomping.

ANet did finally fix it last patch after 12 months of us ask

Good luck! lol

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Its because DS is classes as a transformation, making you unable to interact with things in general.

Rangers had the exact same compaint over our Signet of the Wild, which on certain builds in the source of stability but also prevented us from stomping.

Good luck! lol

ok i understand, the reasion is that ds is a transfomration, but i think ds should be looked differently, as it is a class mechanic.

Also there some differences between ds and other transformations. For example both ds and plague are both instant, but if you start to stomp and then hit the plague button, then the stomp will not be canceled. For ds in order to do that, you have to use that strange thing, which involves hitting ds and stomp at the same time. So i think ds works more like a down state, as in down state you also cannot do the things, you cannot do in transformations.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Good luck! lol

ok i understand, the reasion is that ds is a transfomration, but i think ds should be looked differently, as it is a class mechanic.

Also there some differences between ds and other transformations. For example both ds and plague are both instant, but if you start to stomp and then hit the plague button, then the stomp will not be canceled. For ds in order to do that, you have to use that strange thing, which involves hitting ds and stomp at the same time. So i think ds works more like a down state, as in down state you also cannot do the things, you cannot do in transformations.

Deathshroud did start off as a downed state.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Good luck! lol

Deathshroud did start off as a downed state.

I know, hence i wrote that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

100% agreed to stomp in DS, which is hardly a “buff” when there are only so many necros willing to go 30 in SR for a few seconds of stability. Anyone arguing against having the LF pool to stomp clearly doesn’t understand the problem.

And to that end, necro is arguably the easy/safest to stomp in the game. And I thought ranger frustrations were bad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Necro is the only class that has to use an elite to do a 100% or close to it stomp.
Every other class can use stealth or a utility to get stability.

This is what usually makes 1 v X incredibly hard for Necro. Even if you get the first guy down, its very hard to finish them before their buddy(s) rez them back up.

If you are condi you can do an epidemic bomb on the downed guy and that might even down both of them, but even then, if both go down again, all the condis clear on downed state and 2 downed enemies are a big threat if your own HP is low by that time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Steelxsoldier.6512

Steelxsoldier.6512

The only reason that I can see besides ds being considered a transformation is because of the “Foot in the Grave” trait which gives stability upon entering ds. BUT that stability is very short, and remaining in ds for a long time without being able to res/stomp doesn’t make since. The only place the hesitation comes into play is with spvp, but I highly doubt a majority of the necromancers in pvp would go 30 into SR for Foot in the Grave just for that stomp.

FUNK
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

The main reason I keep looking for another alt besides necro is it’s kitten poor ability to get stomps.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

We can stomp in DS/Transforms. We just have to do it at exactly the same time as we go into the transform.
Same with Res.
Same with Transfusion heals us if we press it just as lack of LF push’s us out of DS.
Same with we don’t cop a new DS CD if we exit DS by being pushed out by lack of LF.

The dev’s say, these are ‘balance bugs’ not exploits. The same reasoning that we can use Spect Walk to jump off anything without dieing, but they removed DS being used as a block for that very reason.

It really hurts/feels selfish in PvE, where you have to give up our only defense to res someone, meaning we’ll usually die just after getting them up, or letting them slowly die.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Because ANet is dumb. If an engi the size of a cat’s testicle can stomp me, an undead phantom should be able to as well.

LOL

Stormbluff Isle

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

You gota be trollin bro…
War’s and Guards can stomp during Block/Stability/total invul to damage.
They also, don’t give up all there defense if CC’ed, like us who can’t gen LifeForce, or apply chills or other debuffs while CC’ed.
As for your just kill them again. What’s your plan vs a Ranger? Just keep killing them over and over till they don’t get the option to rally? (As all condi’s are cleaned, and there pet’s res can’t be countered by our ‘burst’ dam)

Let’s be realistic. The hate of necro’s OP, is that they can apply more conditions than can be cleansed. ANet’s counter is, to add more ‘totally immune to conditions’ to the game. Do you really think that necro’s should be worst at every other aspect of the game to balance this cheap setup in PvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I guess that when a transformation happens in the game, our current “entity” within the servers view of the zone is removed, and a different one put in its place. And with this new entity comes certain limitations not found in normal character entities.

Likely a quick hack early in the development of the game engine that has stayed, because nobody have taken the time to scrutinize every last entity the engine spawns and removes over the course of the game.