10k greatsword?

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Q:

I remember reading about someone who hits 10k on greatsword “Maul”. I forgot the thread, but anyone know how he accomplished it? Thanks!

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: bloosh.6397

bloosh.6397

I believe he attacked a critter.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

It wasn’t in TPvP.
Maybe in WvW by stacking all +crit dmg and power, might, the two sigs of more dmg, exc.

Not even remotely worthwhile though.

Might as well roll a glass thief.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

I’m running mostly knight’s gear with something like 3.2k attack, 42% crit damage, and 57% crit chance in PVE. I think mine tops out at around 6k using signet of the hunt and signet of the wild. Switching to berserker’s gear could get you to 10k, but only when you use those signets.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I don’t think anything a ranger can do hits for 10k. I might be mistaken, I’ve simply never seen it.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I don’t think anything a ranger can do hits for 10k. I might be mistaken, I’ve simply never seen it.

No one tries for it because thieves can pull off the same if not better numbers with backstab, or I should say, sidestab while keeping the majority of a spec open to make a more well rounded toon.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I’ve done it, and without food or buffs. Moment of clarity maul after popping signets (hunt and wild) and a berserker will top 10k if he crits. It’s super gimmicky though, I only topped 10k trying deliberately just to see if I could, but I frequently top 8.5k.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Might stacks, full berserker gear, vulnerability on mobs, signet popped.

I just landed a 9.7k maul in a molten facility today.

It’s a pretty rare occurrence, though, when thieves and warriors can burst for similar numbers much more frequently, as can mesmers.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

You can hit for 10k with full zerkers and food in World vs World, i’ve done it…

Managing to do it though is a pain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

If you want to hit for 10k with the great sword you need 30 points in markship to get the trait signet of the beast master. This allow signets to affect you. Youw will also need Sigent of the hunt and Sigent of the wild.

You need to pre pop signet of the the hunt. This will give you attack of oppertunity which will give your first attack 150% extra damage (it last 16 minunts until used).

Right before you engage your targer you need to use sigent of the wild this give you an additional 25% damage. You will have 8 second to hit with a big attack like mual or swoop.

Your result will vary based on other stats however you don’t need to be a class cannon. RAO can give you more damage but not reqired. With without stack a bunch of might or any other boon or condition. Your pets should do about 6k -12k damage as well add sick’m with a stealth jaguar if you want it to always be in the 10k plus zone (with 2 attacks).

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

(edited by Serraphin Storm.2369)

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

With an attack of opportunity (from SoH or MoC) I can hit 6-7k on weaker targets, and I am not a full berserker build.

With a full berserker setup with some might or SoW active effect thrown in I wouldnt think its too hard to manage 10k.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

The easy way to hit for 10k or more: Power, Crit-Damage, Signet of the Beastmaster, Signet of the Hunt (activated), Norn Bear Form, CHAAAAARRGE!

The harder way is to use a combination of Maul, Signets, Moment of Clarity, Interrupts, and Sigil of Intelligence to land powerful crit attacks of opportunity often. And then add in Might, Vuln, and Signet of the Wild as you see fit to improve the damage.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

Ranger longbow hits 10k on two different skills if you build either glass or Valkyrie with ~30%critchance before fury. Rapidfire is a reliable 10k and barrage is 13k per person (provided they sit in there).

Highest personal maul I’ve gotten (that I can clearly remember) was around 5.9k, but I don’t roll Glass so I don’t always crit on maul.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

just for the record

you don’t need full berserker to break 10k I’m thinking

I just hit for 9348 damage on a Maul against a GC 80 Mesmer

In my Knight/Cav/Soldier gear.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Most i’ve hit was around 6k on some risen mob, without might stacks

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I believe that was me. Screenshot attached.

Attachments:

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

i popped some poor underlvled necro earlier for 12k with it.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

It is fun that the first 10 people here say it wouldn’t be possible. If you actually played the class to some extend you would know this. Instead the forum is full of people that claim that ranger is the weakest class and no builds are viable anywhere whatsoever. We have the best access to single attack/short duration % dmg buffs so with full glasscannon this is easy to do. I wouldn’t recommend going full glasscannon though.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

10k on guard in wvw using full beserker build, have hit higher but this is the only screenshot I have of the combat screen with maul. This is no food also, not full use of the sigil of bloodlust, as well as not much might on my character, so 10k is definitely possible for beserkers. Notice I used signet of wild though, which gives a big damage buff to maul.

— but yes, this build is pure glass cannon (only power/crit/crit damage) with minor vitality

Attachments:

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

(edited by Paz Shadow.9715)

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

I was talking about a heavy target not a light armor class. 30/10/0/0/0 should be enough.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

30/30 with zerker gear on a full zerker opponent with sig of hunt active and a crit = about 10k maul in pvp. Sig of wild active helps a lot too.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

It would be unheard of, especially from a Ranger class.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

I believe he attacked a critter.

LOL

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I was talking about a heavy target not a light armor class. 30/10/0/0/0 should be enough.

impossibru.

Ranger just isn’t the class for that.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I got a full glass cannon burst engineer. Mostly all berserk gear.

I saw a Ranger coming for me with a GS.

I told myself : “Nice an easy pray for my mines/grenade combo”.

Then he jumped me with his pet at the same time.

Nearly instant died.

Checked my log, I got mauled for 8.8k. That was great, didn’t know Ranger could land that kind of hit. (Jaguar did the rest of the damage).

And it was fair game, if he didn’t do that, he would have died 1 sec later from my burst.

Maul hit hard now

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Enlightening.

15char

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

10k greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Brangien.7462

Brangien.7462

I will teach you how.

Marksman 30, I, IX, XI
Skirmishing 30, I, X, XII
Nature Magic 10, V

Pet: Feline. Or red moa for fury.
Weapons: Shortbow, Greatsword.
Utilities: Signet of the Hunt, Signet of the Wild, 1Free utility, Elite Entangle.
glass cannon if you get the jump….6kish on full toughness kitten
1. Entangle
2. Hilt Bash,
3. Signet of the Hunt/Wild
4. Maul 13k on full glass….if it crits

Good game if you hit….game over if you miss.
usually cat can finish off the rest of the hp remaining and u can run away.

(edited by Brangien.7462)