2 changes you'd like to see in the future

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Hey guys!

This thread is to give the devs some concrete ideas of what the playerbase would like to see in future updates.

Here are the rules:
1) Post 1 skill you would like to change and how
2) Post 1 skill you would like to see added to the ranger

Example:

1) Axe Skill 1:
The skill needs to get more effective in 1v1 situations, because right now it’s effectiveness is extremely situational.
The initial hit should either add condi damage or deal more direct damage while the additional hits should be tuned down to compensate.
This would make the axe synergize better with the skirmishing traitline where most of its traits are placed.

2) Elite Skill “Raging Roar”
- Shout, 120s CD
The ranger and his/her pet become one for 10 seconds, granting the ranger the shape of his/her current pet (while the pet itself becomes inactive)
The ranger has the same attributes and benefits from all traits effecting the pet.
Damage is increased by 75%, Health is reduced by 50%.
The ranger can only use the petskills.
If the health of the ranger drops below 0 the effect ands and the pet is downed. Otherwise the ranger and the pet split up after 10 seconds.

Looking forward to see your ideas!

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

1)
Shortbow 1: Remove the need of flanking to add bleeds.

2)
A decent active condition removal spell that doesn’t require my pet with a not too long cd.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

1) Axe Skill 1:
The skill needs to get more effective in 1v1 situations, because right now it’s effectiveness is extremely situational.
The initial hit should either add condi damage or deal more direct damage while the additional hits should be tuned down to compensate.
This would make the axe synergize better with the skirmishing traitline where most of its traits are placed.

Agree. Instead of splitting it up for 33,33% / hit as it is now, the initial hit could strike for maybe 50%, and the other two for 25% each, or maybe even 60%→20%→20%.

That, or add something to the initial strike like you suggested. In short, make axe #1 more viable vs a single target.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

1)
Axe 5: Allow movement while using this skill or grant stability while using it. Reduce cd.

2)
Signet [name]
Passive: Each time your pet hits with an attack, you gain x health
Active: Your pet gains quickness for x seconds
Combine with signet of the beastmaster to make it affect both ranger and pet (even though I’d like to see that trait removed)

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Protect Me
- pet takes 50% less damage for the duration.

Camouflage (60 second cooldown)
- stealth ranger and pet for 20 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

1) Remove range restriction from longbow 1.

2) Survivalist. (Elite Skill) You dismiss your pet, and deal 30% more damage for the duration.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

new elite : Super sayan fusion over 9000

Toggle with a CD of 30 seconds . Ranger fuses with the pet getting 20% of its attributes and the ability to use the pet F2 . Swapping pets remains an option as well only switching ranger bonus stats and f2

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

1. Greatsword AA damage increased ~20%

2. Pet F2’s are not delayed

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

a trait that makes movement skills remove imob, like the warrior one or similar both should have an internal cd I don’t much like anything to give anyone full immunity but everyone should have an initial defence to everything or atleast the option to get it.

I would also like sharpened edges to become a longer lasting bleed while scaling back bleeds on weapons to make more weapons viable for condi builds and in general so weapons can be used more for their utility and traits enhance what type of damage you want to do.

Just what popped in my head atm.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Any random trinket not requiring 30 points in marks to work on the ranger.

Kill Shot.

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

1) A skill to change? So many choices here, on every weapon and nearly every skill. I’m going to go with Lightning Reflexes. Add that it clears conditions (especially immobilize) and I’d be running it right now.
2) A skill to add? Add in an F button that allows us to use another pet skill instead of only relying on the F2.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

1.) Monarch’s Leap — As it stands, it’s used almost exclusively as a way to GTFO of sticky situations. I’d like this move to be buffed to give the user more incentive in actually attacking with it. I would say up the damage a tad and change the cripple to a condition that the weapon doesn’t already spam on auto attack. Torment or weakness, maybe.

2.) Dust Trap — Set a trap that damages and blinds foes when engaged. Make it scale well with power, pretty please?

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Thom.1862

Thom.1862

1) As mentioned above by Shirk.6421 “Shortbow 1: Remove the need of flanking to add bleeds.”

2) An Elite skill “Sacrifice Companion” Kill your pet and absorb it’s skills, as secondary skills. The skills would be displayed above your skill bar like the Elementalist attunements are.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

1) Shortbow 1: Remove the need of flanking to add bleeds. Make it so flanking will add vulnerability along with the bleed.

2) Elite Skill “Trapper’s Signet” Passive: A condition is removed every time a trap is activated. Active: For 20 seconds, any opponent activating or in a pulsing trap will gain 5s Torment and lose a boon for each pulse. 60 second cooldown.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

1) Trap Potency: Change the “Condition duration part” to be default, add “Traps remove one condition when triggered and recharge faster”

2) Poison Volley: New skill “Poison Bomb”, shoot a (normal) arrow that explodes on hit and applies poison to up to 4 enemies around your target.

(edited by solrik.6028)

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

1) I would like to see the elite skill Entangle made into a ‘trap’ rather than a ‘survival’ skill. This would let it work with the following traits:

Skirmish VIII: Trapper’s Expertise — Trap skills use ground targeting and are larger.
Skirmish XI: Trap Potency — Conditions caused by traps last longer. Reduces recharge on traps.

2) Replace the 5 point skirmishing trait with a new trait~

Lone Wolf: You gain +25% damage while your companion is stowed. (Stowing and unstowing can only be done out of combat).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorwald.6170

Gorwald.6170

1 : remove actual ranger class from GW2

2 : make a real ranger class in GW2 (like the one in GW1) and not a beastmaster hybrid whatever

Karpal – Augury rock (French server)
Ranger 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 80 – Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80

in Ranger

Posted by: Rongy.2569

Rongy.2569

1: Muddy Terrain becomes unblockable

2: Introduction of preparations that add conditions to your weapon attacks, would love to see it similar to GW1 style based on time, as this will sync well with Quickening Zephyr and multiple hit weapon attacks.

Stalker Ryc
Eternal Phalanx [EPX] | Co-Leader

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

1) Add skill: “Call Ally” and summons a pet to fight by your side for 30 seconds adding bonus DPS instead of having companion pet all the time. You can have different skills to call different kinds of pets.

2) Make wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Preparation the class mechanic

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

1. Normalize lbow auto attack to max range damage
2. Add a Killshot

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Posted by: aeroh.8930

aeroh.8930

1. I’d like to replace rapid fire with that charge up sniper snot from the Wintersday’s snow brawl. Just copy and paste it as is.

2. Lightning reflex clearing all immobilizing effects.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arthedain.5928

Arthedain.5928

Elite skill that comoflages u for like 20 sec…
give Ranger a use in wvw

Leader of ONYX.
Commander of Piken.
Ranger for Life.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

kittenes here… So much to change…

1) Post 1 skill you would like to change and how
Axe #5 – let me move! ranger is supposed to be mobile, in my view :/

2) Post 1 skill you would like to see added to the ranger
We already have a trait that makes it so our buffs can also go to the pet…
I’d like a trait that makes it so I get my pet’s buff -

in Ranger

Posted by: Vamp Rook.7835

Vamp Rook.7835

1- Bows being useful —> Longbow never was viable (until fury bug), if we need a bug to make it viable…something is wrong with that weapon. Same for shortbow since “animation fix” update.

2-GW1 preparations.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Here’s mine.

1)Throw Dirt – AoE utility. Has same radius as untraited trap. Instead of a downed state skill, this become a usable utility skill that blinds foes for XX seconds and XX seconds when traited with WS
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Throw_Dirt

2)Entangle – Elite Trap – AoE Vines wrap and immobolize foes for XX seconds when triggered and pulses every 5 seconds. Duration can stay the same, CD can stay the same. All boons are converted to stacked vulnerability based on number of boons the player has when caught in trap. Foes caught in vines must destroy vines to escape or use stun breaker in between pulses.

Having these skills will make us useful in zergs and group fights. With the new elite, Rangers can be used as boon strippers so and will have a role to play in a group fight. is OP? maybe lol

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

(edited by Noobie.1073)

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

1 : reduced Cooldown on Signet of Renewal (half or even 75% less CD to make it a viable active condi cleanse)
2 : The ability to further increase the pet’s power through:
A) Use skillpoints to “unlock” new skills or utilities for pets
B) Directly increase pet stats (Power, Precision, Toughness, Condition Damage, Vitality, Healing Power)
C) Increase the bonus given by the BM line.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

1) Shortbow 1: Remove the need of flanking to add bleeds. Make it so flanking will add vulnerability along with the bleed.

Why not make flanking add torment ?

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Lee.3097

Lee.3097

1) Ranger skills not involve the pet.
2) A button that can be used out of combat that stow pet and turn the pet skill bar into a boost skill bar (drops with our hits and refill gradually) for ranger that like be ranger and not a beastmaster.

(edited by Lee.3097)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

1. PET BUGS

• I would like all of them to be fixed. The most glaring one IMO is she their f2 goes on cool down if you activate it too soon after switching pets. Or it’ll activate, but instead of using it on your target, the pet just leaps/shoots/glares/pees itself in the direction it’s facing.

2. AoE Damage Reduction

• Mainly for WvW, pets might be useful then, which means rangers might be useful.
Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

It’s difficult to pick just one. Since I (regretfully now) made Kudzu, I’m going to be selfish and try and make the Longbow not suck.

1. remove range requirement on 1 entirely, base damage is now what it is for max range
2. replace rapid shot with a single shot burst skill that causes high damage, add the vulnerability back to hunter’s shot.

I’d like to change barrage as well, but really the majority of the skills on this weapon need work.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

*Pets actually scaling with the ranger’s stats.
*No range requierement for LB
*Return of “unfixed” Shortbow animation
*No flanking requirement for SB bleed
*Pets getting AOE protection

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Rapid fire becomes a burst skill, LB becomes very viable.

Stormbluff Isle