2 out of 3 heals

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I found this while looking for an old post:

Our heal skills are some of my favorite across all the professions, all 3 are really good in the right situation and that’s awesome. Most professions have 1 viable heal skill.

It really sucks they removed healing spring from our 4rr$3nal. I’m not sure why that had to happen. We had the most interesting and useful heal choices bar none, and now we simply don’t. I know you can still force HS in PvE, but it used to be a highly valued choice in all game modes and that was intentionally killed purely for the sake of stuffing it into “traps”.

Edit: Think about the days when HS was probably the single best healing skill across every profession in WvW. Now it’s nearly not used at all because of a simple skill type assignment.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I thought it got used little now because troll’s got super traited and WHaO got super buffed and traited.

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Because Anet could not just simply classify it as a Trap and then leave it alone. They tend do that thing where they try to be creative and attempt to make a skill interesting, only to end up being clunky and/or lose functionality.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Reminder that a thread full of ‘Rangers’ demanded that this skill become a trap when they were doing the reworks and just ignored the posters pointing out all the problems that it ended up causing.

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Reminder that a thread full of ‘Rangers’ demanded that this skill become a trap when they were doing the reworks and just ignored the posters pointing out all the problems that it ended up causing.

No. Rangers wanted it labeled a trap so it could benefit from tap traits, they didn’t want the functionality changed.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Healing spring is amazing as a trap. The reason it isn’t used is because of how ridiculously good they made we heal as one.

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

In those days, our traps had no activation time, could be traited for shorter cooldown and becoming throwable to 900 range, and there were precious few reasons to even think they could be nerfed. What were all the problems that were pointed out?

The HS problem is paying the price of a trap nerf caused by another class spec.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Justine.6351

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

That thread… On a separate, yet, related note. Since DH has 2 traps that are instant, why can’t we have our HS back to the way it once was? kitten you, Peters and your high-concept elite spec.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I don’t think any of those ppl wanted it to work like it does now. They wanted it marked as a trap to benefit from shorter cd, bigger radius and be able to throw it.
Anet, in typical manner, made it into a trap, and then gutted traps to hell.

I’ve said it numerous times – be careful what you wish for with this company, the have a tendency to twist things around, as they can NEVER simply give you what you want.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

No. Rangers wanted it labeled a trap so it could benefit from tap traits, they didn’t want the functionality changed.

I’m positive this is wrong.
I remember people wanting the trap to be ranged just like we had the chance of ground targeted traps back then.

Rangers did want the skill to change into trap. Not just by a cosmetic description. That was one of the things I won’t probably forget since I was among the no.1 opposers of that idea and I got really depressed that from all the changes we could have got – we got an amazing heal destroyed and I called it months before it happened.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Healing Spring may not me good for WVW, but I personally love it in PVP. It turns a point into a condition clearing water field. It can be used in multiple different ways depending on your build and situation. It has a decent burst heal, and of course, for a trap ranger it can provide Stealth and Superspeed. Those of you who don’t like it as it is, maybe just need to get to know it better.

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I’m positive this is wrong.
I remember people wanting the trap to be ranged just like we had the chance of ground targeted traps back then.

Rangers did want the skill to change into trap. Not just by a cosmetic description. That was one of the things I won’t probably forget since I was among the no.1 opposers of that idea and I got really depressed that from all the changes we could have got – we got an amazing heal destroyed and I called it months before it happened.

Being able to ground target traps was one of the traits…

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Justine.6351

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/healing-spring-should-be-a-trap/first

Found this thread too.

Anyone that wasnt around for old healing spring (+double gs leaping) and throwing traps, I used both back then.
https://youtu.be/2bXxjuX23qI
https://youtu.be/NapzquIQLLg

Don’t laugh at me I was learning !

(edited by Justine.6351)

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Being able to ground target traps was one of the traits…

Yes, I just said it. Having the chance (option) of having them ranged. That’s what the trait did.

One way or another, it still has the potential. What it doesn’t have are fixes of which it is in dire need of.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Healing Spring isn’t bad, it barely even changed, the only reason no one uses it now is that all the other heals became kittening amazing instead of just “ok”.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

2 out of 3 heals

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

In those days, our traps had no activation time, could be traited for shorter cooldown and becoming throwable to 900 range, and there were precious few reasons to even think they could be nerfed. What were all the problems that were pointed out?

The HS problem is paying the price of a trap nerf caused by another class spec.

This is so very true. Thank you very much Dragon Hunters!

Rat kittens.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)