2 rangers on team = gg

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Rainbowsand.2438

Rainbowsand.2438

I have noticed a trend over a dozen of games: a team with two rangers invariably loses. I wonder why it is so… Must be some variance.

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

The same thing is said about thieves. And it’s not true. It depends on the players.

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

“It’s always the player. Always has been.”

“Observe, learn and counter.”

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I’ve won games far more than lost when 2 rangers are on my team, usually me being one of the rangers.
Only issue might be that ranger is considered one of the easier classes to start playing with, so you might be getting people new to ranger or something (more often than on other classes).

Hell had a unranked match recently against 5 rangers, did not go well for our team lol. (don’t think they were all bunkers or anything either)

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Rainbowsand.2438

Rainbowsand.2438

5 rangers = OP focus fire; 2 rangers = not enough focus fire and 2 squishy bodies to stomp. But yeah, last game vs 2 rangers was a victory for them which makes it one out of five. So variance. Easier class? In PvE for shure where pet can actually tank.

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Most matches with 2 rangers (me being one of them) we usually win.
With 2 rangers we end 1 going mid to support the rest of the team and another go far to prevent or even cap it and that is a huge advantage.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaia.2513

Gaia.2513

Two rangers or rather druids are actually really good. They are kings of 1v1.
I don’t know what kind of players you’ve been encountering, but one druid on far and one on close can cause real problems for your enemy.
If you think you won’t be able to bunker far just support mid..
Two rangers usually wins matches, for me atleast…

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Definitely not true. On my ranger I often pair up with another ranger friend when we mess around in PVP. Granted we tend to run different builds with different playstyles.

I’ve also won games with up to four rangers on my side before.

So yah. Definitely not a case of automatically losing.

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I haven’t experienced this at all. Honestly, if they’re both druids, have one stick to home and have the other camp far. I’ve found that this can work pretty well since druids are such good side point defenders.

Now if one of the rangers isn’t a cele druid, then your mileage may vary. =P

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

It all depends on the player skill level. Believe it or not, Druid can be hard to master!

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

It’s also worth pointing out that build matters a lot too.

The reason having two thieves on your team isn’t very good is because just about every thief build in SPVP fills the same role. Back capping and +1. So having two means they will end up getting in each other’s way, and having someone for sustain is always superior.

With ranger it is very different. We have at least some degree of build diversity. Druid support bunker is very strong, and our longbow burst build might not be top of the line meta but it’s still quite viable if played well. Then trapper ranger is at least decent, though admittedly overshadowed by dragon hunters.

So having two rangers on your team isn’t necessarily the same thing as having two people trying to fill the same role, and our strongest build right now, and thus most common, actually benefits the team if it’s stacked up to two.

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

most ranger I see in pvp run zerker which causes them do die close to instantly when you get close

Id say its the build if that happens since I usually dont have any problem staying alive 2vs1 or sometimes even 3vs1

just use the glyphs they are pretty much made for pvp

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I have noticed a trend over a dozen of games: a team with two rangers invariably loses. I wonder why it is so… Must be some variance.

Agree with the op.

For the rest of you who think its all about the player, then I could say that team comps don’t matter at all, and it’s just the players. That would be crazy.

Two eles don’t equal a loss.
Two necros don’t equal a loss.

But more than 1 ranger on a team, it just doesn’t work out well.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

most ranger I see in pvp run zerker which causes them do die close to instantly when you get close

Id say its the build if that happens since I usually dont have any problem staying alive 2vs1 or sometimes even 3vs1

I seriously question your experience or at the least, your perception.

I “NEVER” see rangers in pvp run zerk.

Are you talking about unranked matches?

I can survive 2v1 and sometimes 3v1 depending on what classes I am fighting. If I get loaded up on condis, that spells death quicker than anything else.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Wha? I think I was in one match with a zerk ranger in the WHOLE SEASON, suffice it to say his arrows were swallowed by endless amounts of evades, reflects and blocks. One in what, 200 – 300 matches? You are not playing ranked, are you?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Is this thread from a year ago?

2 rangers on team = gg

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Agree with the op.

For the rest of you who think its all about the player, then I could say that team comps don’t matter at all, and it’s just the players. That would be crazy.

Two eles don’t equal a loss.
Two necros don’t equal a loss.

But more than 1 ranger on a team, it just doesn’t work out well.

If it was specified about solo or team queue, I’d say you are right.
And since it’s not – I can deny it with simple explanation.

2 solo queue rangers = loss.
Players who are dumb enough to ignore the weaknesses of their class lose the game. Not the players who’ll adjust their role to avoid wasting their potential.

“Observe, learn and counter.”