28k Crit Damage on GS Maul?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crux Marionn.7925

Crux Marionn.7925

Hey every1,

My friend recently swore he saw a ranger do 28k crit damage in PvP on a bot/npc targets (combined DPS of a pet attack and GS 2). I’ve been tryin to replicate this seemingly impossible number. The best I’ve gotten is around 20-21K mark. I was just wondering if any1 else can confirm this or they themselves have or know a build that can crit higher?

This 28k was done to either a mesmer or engi npc target in HoTm

Because 7k extra dmg is a srs no. and since I use a rather squish build, I wanna end fights quick.

I will also post up my current build and how i got the 20-21k crit dmg to see if any1 can edit anything to improve it further for more dps, as I want the build that does 28k crit dmg and then from there edit it accordingly to match my play style (ie more survival)

(edited by Crux Marionn.7925)

in Ranger

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

That’s the kind of pointless thing that I find fun lol. Self buffed I could do near 44k maybe even more.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhYDbkSFKYxKWwVF4axweQ5B/4OF7tHAJwHHHxTfyOKmD-TZRBwAX3fYxBBoyFAgcZAAPAAA

(I don’t have the expac so I’m not sure if druid or new pets add anything to this)

Tail swipe was near 19k~ and maul 24k~ on light golem. However that’s not possible at once to execute on a light golem because they are one shotted. On a heavy armor golem the damage combined was 32k~ – 18k~ maul and 13k~ tailswipe.

Keep in mind this build is not viable in pvp… at all.

Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Could swap the sigil of frailty for a sigil of impact, assuming your vuln stacking can be done by some other means

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Crux Marionn.7925

That’s the kind of pointless thing that I find fun lol. Self buffed I could do near 44k maybe even more.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBhYDbkSFKYxKWwVF4axweQ5B/4OF7tHAJwHHHxTfyOKmD-TZRBwAX3fYxBBoyFAgcZAAPAAA

(I don’t have the expac so I’m not sure if druid or new pets add anything to this)

Tail swipe was near 19k~ and maul 24k~ on light golem. However that’s not possible at once to execute on a light golem because they are one shotted. On a heavy armor golem the damage combined was 32k~ – 18k~ maul and 13k~ tailswipe.

Keep in mind this build is not viable in pvp… at all.

So these changes you suggested have definately improved my dps substantially, hit the 28k

(having difficulting hitting, 44K – idk if i could trouble you for a video demo on youtube) ~ or even maybe a couple of screenshots of the combat log and setup would be gr8

but in regards to viability in pvp LOLOL….zerg food, not even any dps will literally kill me

ty all for answering (:

(edited by Crux Marionn.7925)

in Ranger

Posted by: lyriael.4375

lyriael.4375

ehm, it might be a bit off-topic, but I get really confused when people talk about damage numbers. What is 19K, or 44K for that matter? I always though K stands for kilo which would be a prefix meaning thousend. But you can’t be seriously talking about 19000 or even 44000 damage?! If you are, I’m seriously doing something very wrong, because I have never ever ever handed out an attack that comes even a teeny bit close to that. o.O

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

ehm, it might be a bit off-topic, but I get really confused when people talk about damage numbers. What is 19K, or 44K for that matter? I always though K stands for kilo which would be a prefix meaning thousend. But you can’t be seriously talking about 19000 or even 44000 damage?! If you are, I’m seriously doing something very wrong, because I have never ever ever handed out an attack that comes even a teeny bit close to that. o.O

The 44k I would presume is drake + gs combined opening strike damage with a remorseless build and signets/traits to get some flat +% damage modifiers.

In the example above you got plenty of sources of +% damage:

• Consume plasma grants 9 boons, so that’s +9% damage with BH
  • Clarion bond, vigorous training, ZS, that’s +5% damage with BH
  • Heal as one traited by itself in combination with BH, another +2%
  • Steady Focus +10%
  • Remorseless +25% on opening strike
  • The spirit pulses might, and also got synergy with BH
  • Sigil of force +5%
  • +10% while above 90% health
  • Signet of the hunt +50%
  • Signet of the Wild +25%

It all adds up nicely for that big, opening first strike.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

lyriael.4375

So 19k really means 19000 damage? Not 1900? Damage, as in the white number you see on your screen when you hit something? You see that number in the combat log?
I am really confused.

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Exactly, 19k = 19000
It is possible to deal this kind of dmg with certain skills/combos but it comes usually with a huge trade-off. Those builds are either too glassy and die before they can deal any serious dmg and/or the dmg is too unreliable/hard too land. So it is not surprising to hardly ever see that much dmg in actual combat.

in Ranger

lyriael.4375

o.O really?
Consider me stunned. Or dazed. Or anything like that. For the next may be 10 min.

I’ll have to do the math on that one day…
:) Ty for confirming this to me

in Ranger

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

I think this is closer to the best possible self buffed. Tailswipe could be higher with 25 vuln. Build is the same as before but with sigil of impact (great idea!)
Video of heavy golem 40.4k maul+tailswipe

Ranger

(edited by apocalypso.4895)

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Using Sic’Em instead of frost spirit should result in even higher total dmg (tail swipe can hit for 21k+ on heavy golem). And vuln wasn’t at 25 stacks :p

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Yeah, there was a video posted back about some ranger trolling in WvW one shotting people with a drake’s tailswipe. I don’t remember the build, but it had Signer of the Wild, Rampage as one, and Sic em stacked on top of each other.

And how with We Heal As One where you can transfer boons to each other, it’s probably even easier to achieve now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You can take a trip through memory lane by searching for maul videos on YT and google. Through the last several years people have posted videos of them trolling in WvW or PvP, and then the occasional useful video for PvE.

The highest maul by itself I’ve seen was 38k, but you could blow that out of the water in WvW against an uplevel. I remember seeing a video of a guardian getting buffed by a full party in PvE and hitting an Arah boss for like 160k. The entire party just existed to buff the guardian’s single-hit damage.

in Ranger

Crux Marionn.7925

Thank you everyone for responding and actually being helpful!! 160k LOLOL thats enuff to kill a full soldier rampaging warrior thrice over (rip)

in Ranger

Crux Marionn.7925

o.O really?
Consider me stunned. Or dazed. Or anything like that. For the next may be 10 min.

I’ll have to do the math on that one day…
:) Ty for confirming this to me

OK here is my build for ranger with high dps and actual pvp viability:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRjUqQ/KWxCGsAXLG+DKP37hgfLiFIA+04HG+SmWFA-TZRBABFt/Q8lBu4IAoxDAAgLBAA

Weapons:
Longbow (Energy & Force sigil)
GS (Intelligence & Force)

Pets:
Wolf (for long CC – taunt + fear)
Smokescale (high dps/pressure) – if you dont have HoT you can choose any pet you prefer ~ i used lynx

Amulet/Runes
Marauder (slightly less dps but more crit chance and vitality tradeoff)
Rage – increased fury duration, ferocity and +5% dps when on fury (for greater crit chance and more damage on crits)

Healing: We heal as one
Utilities: Signets of renewal, wild and hunt
Elite: Strength of the pack

Traits: See above link.

How to do the 20-22K crit on npc bots or on map specific npcs (e.g. svanir, cheiftan and lord of foefire): → Use elite, all utilities, and heal as one and use GS 2 “Maul” and have wolf on. 10-11k from you and another 10-11k from pet.

Now because it takes quite a while to set up the 20-22k combo, its not really recommended on actual players. However you can still eat other players alive:

BUILD USE TIPS:
1v1: Start off with longbow and use your elite and have smokescale pet activated. Use longbow 2 and ur smoke scale will do his shadow step attack as well (5-7k starting dps). Followed by longbow 4 if approperiate. Then use longbow 3 for the stealth when your enemy is close enough – SWAP to GS in the 3 sec of stealth cast signet of hunt +/- wild then maul them for 6-9k (use pet skill for taunt/cc to increase chance of landing hit), use GS 4,3 or 5 till you can maul again or weaponswap back to bow.

I’ll post more details about strategies of this build soon, its late and I needa sleep LOL because knowing what to you when will help you survive the entire match w/o dying and ie more chances of winning match because your not in respawn CD.

in Ranger

lyriael.4375

Wow, thanks man @Crux Marionn

I feel almost tempted to try some PvP after looking through your build. I see some very nice synergies with the boons in that build and the mechanics you posted. So if in the near futur you see a noop ranger runing around in PvP, it might be me, trying to be you

As for damage, such builds are usually not used in PVE, is it? Anyone know why? I mean the damage sounds great. Is it, that it is to bursty? Or that it is better to forego all the defensive stuff on this build for even more offensive (talking about the old zerker tale)?