3 stacks of vulnerability.......

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Give the bleed back. Even that is better.

WTH, Maul is a puny 3 stacks for 6 seconds?

Just scrap the vulnerability and increase the damage of the skill or give it a useful conditionj instead. 3 stacks of vulnerability is nothing, you just nerfed Maul for no reason.

in Ranger

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

Lol! GS is doomed! I take my words back about Vuln better than bleed on GS.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Seriously, not even in a group is this good. You have to do 20K damage to make up the damage loss with 0 condition stat.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Simon.3106

Gentlmen. Let us not fuss and russ about one nerf. As a Ranger, I ask of you to steel your mind and improvise! No matter how high the mountains or deep the sea, US Rangers are capable of overcoming it.

ps) But complain on the forum so that A-net can hear your cries and fix this. I don’t use GS so I won’t cry. hehe >=)

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if million of those "OMG I LUV LUV LUV LUV U ANET <3 <3<3 <3" posters from the past three hours suddenly cried out in terror and finally realized, that Anet never fails to deliver.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

I was afraid of that. It might be an improvement in a group setting, but it’s worse than the bleeds when you’re alone. I’ll give Anet this though; they’ve gotten very good at making changes look good on paper.

in Ranger

Posted by: Marza.1364

Marza.1364

The other changes are pretty sweet honestly but this? This is just garbage. Even with the bleed stacks ticking their full duration the total damage on GS was rather low. I don’t understand this change in the least.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, at least your weak bleed won’t get in the way of the engineer/necro that is already bleed capping the target with a full condition damage spec/gearset anymore.

in Ranger

Posted by: Marza.1364

Marza.1364

Maul should honestly have a better power coefficient.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I knew these changes were too good to be true.

Oh well we are still sitting on a net gain here overall.

in Ranger

Simon.3106

Don’t be like that. We have more, I think, positive changes than negative. Lets stick with this for a few days and see what we can come up with.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

lol be careful what you wish for, over the past month ive seen 3 threads with people saying " wft Anet…bleed on the GS3…switch it to vuln." well, here it is,Enjoy

you diddnt think these changes would be all good did you?…really?

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

I agree.. I was thinking like 10 stacks of vuln but 3… sigh and I had such plans.

Now you get like a 10k maul with some vuln instead of a 10k maul with a 1k bleed.
( Note this is buffed)

Weak Anet.

Increase the damage on this skill, or at the VERY LEAST make the GS auto attack hit harder.
This patch is a step in the right direction but they never fail to kitten up atleast one thing.

Help

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Maul should honestly have a better power coefficient.

THIS is the only issue I’m seeing….

Long Showy animation … basically no up front damage since a month after launch when they nerfed it for s{PvP} but forgot to make a PvE split (just liek everything else still wrong with this class … no PvE split). Stop complaining about the missing Bleed, start complaining about the missing EVERYTHING SPLIT.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’ll admit the first time I used it I was confused about the three stacks. I thought I did something wrong. Maybe they tested more stacks and decided that more than three was OP?

Honestly I still don’t like bleeds on the skill so I don’t feel like it was a huge loss, but I’m curious on how powerful the vulnerability is. Does it help keep 25 stacks on a target in a noticeable way?

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

No. This is not a skill you stack vulnerability with. Warrior axe/mace stacks 8 stacks of vulnerability for 10 seconds, without factoring in on my mark or vulnerability from crits trait.

Warrior, thief, and engineer keep up vulnerability much better than a ranger could, and greatsword is not a dungeon weapon so 25 vuln stacks is pointless as GS does terrible sustained damage compared to mainhand sword.

The fact is this is a substantial nerf to the skill. A completely unwarranted nerf, as if anything the skill needed buffing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elusive.3065

Elusive.3065

I wonder if Anet knew the change was a nerf, I bet they thought we would like the change in a power build

Anet values +% damage way too high
hiding a measly +5% gs trait deep in the nature tree <_<

I wouldn’t have minded the nerf if it came with a blast finisher.

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I don’t care about maul at all, actually.
I can finally catch people by crippling them with my greatsword. Everything else is of lesser importance <3
really, throwing GS on the run was the best change in the whole patch.
This was so much needed.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Just scrap the vulnerability and increase the damage of the skill or give it a useful conditionj instead. 3 stacks of vulnerability is nothing, you just nerfed Maul for no reason.

Rapid fire – Hunter’s Shot – Remorseless – Weapons Swap to GS – Resets 5 stacks of vulnerability – Swoop – Quickening Zephyr – Hilt Bash – Signet of the Hunt (if traited) – Maul = Murder.

Seems like it was really smart update, who the hell wants conditions on power weapon. You can’t be that clueless you don’t see why they change the GS into more of power weapon stepping away from stupid conditions on the GS.

Most players who run GS are running it with a Power build and not a condition build, if your running a GS with condition build then I’m dumb found. Even if you trait 30 points to get 300 condition damage that next to no damage.

30/30/0/10/0 build with LB/GS with Might stacking which rather easy on a ranger now you can get easy 20 stacks of might dealing one hell of massive Maul.

Using Spider pet and Rapid fire I can get vulnerability up to 22 stacks, now you add in trait’s and combo’s you could effectively hit your target with 25 stacks of vulnerability. But you would rather have bleeds over more damage when you correctly stack…..

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in Ranger

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I don’t get it. Why is this a nerf?

Seriously, not even in a group is this good. You have to do 20K damage to make up the damage loss with 0 condition stat.

If you don’t manage to do 20k damage in 6 seconds with you entire group, then you should probably search four new player.

20.000 damage / 6 seconds / 5 player = ~670 DPS.

Dunno about you, but I can deliver more than 700 dps.

in Ranger

naphack.9346

Rapid fire – Hunter’s Shot – Remorseless – Weapons Swap to GS – Resets 5 stacks of vulnerability – Swoop – Quickening Zephyr – Hilt Bash – Signet of the Hunt – Maul = Murder.

Seems like it was really smart update, who the hell wants conditions on power weapon. You can’t be that clueless you don’t see why they change the GS into more of power weapon stepping away from stupid conditions on the GS.

Most players who run GS are running it with a Power build and not a condition build, if your running a GS with condition build then I’m dumb found. Even if you trait 30 points to get 300 condition damage that next to no damage.

30/30/0/10/0 build with LB/GS with Might stacking which rather easy on a ranger now you can get easy 20 stacks of might dealing one hell of massive Maul.

Don’t view GS as a primary damage tool.
It’s a nice defensive sidearm anyway with block, bash and swoop.
There are some trappers who run it in wvw. They will prolly use warhorn now, tho

in Ranger

Posted by: Tsohg.1798

Tsohg.1798

Rapid fire – Hunter’s Shot – Remorseless – Weapons Swap to GS – Resets 5 stacks of vulnerability – Swoop – Quickening Zephyr – Hilt Bash – Signet of the Hunt – Maul = Murder.

Using Spider pet and Rapid fire I can get vulnerability up to 22 stacks, now you add in trait’s and combo’s you could effectively hit your target with 25 stacks of vulnerability. But you would rather have bleeds over more damage when you correctly stack…..

I used GS on my Spvp trapper build. I don’t really want carpal tunnel, so if I need to switch, I open with maul, lay down a HS and swoop into it. Although, changes to the horn, i’m gonna have to start getting used to smashing my one key. yay.

See that hill? Thats where i’ll be, raining hell upon you.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

I can’t believe you guy’s would kitten the trapper build by using the GS when you have viable weapons like Shortbow-Axe-Torch-Dagger-Sword and now Horn even know allot of the upper tier rangers always ran horn with there trapper builds for the mobility.

I can see why some would use it in WvW but in SPvP your losing massive chunk of damage by taking the GS, I’m speechless.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Don’t view GS as a primary damage tool.
It’s a nice defensive sidearm anyway with block, bash and swoop.
There are some trappers who run it in wvw. They will prolly use warhorn now, tho

Actually seeing you mentioned it…did the change the block with great sword…because i used it today and didn’t get a knockdown….was fairly annoying. However it might have just missed or something…but i was fairly sure i got it.

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

I can’t believe you guy’s would kitten the trapper build by using the GS when you have viable weapons like Shortbow-Axe-Torch-Dagger-Sword and now Horn even know allot of the upper tier rangers always ran horn with there trapper builds for the mobility.

I can see why some would use it in WvW but in SPvP your losing massive chunk of damage by taking the GS, I’m speechless.

Because using 1H sword is kittening annoying, and this is a video game. I only lost 1v1 vs necros, and would only switch to GS if I needed some defense. Gs is a defensive weapon, hopefully someone will realize that damage isn’t everything.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

Because using 1H sword is kittening annoying, and this is a video game. I only lost 1v1 vs necros, and would only switch to GS if I needed some defense. Gs is a defensive weapon, hopefully someone will realize that damage isn’t everything.

Yeah its video game and winning is fun, losing isn’t. How much SPvP have you done, cause I find " I only lost 1v1 vs a necros" extremely hard to believe.

But if running GS is your thing by all means keep running it, I just don’t see why you wouldn’t run better weapons that offer same amount of defense and do more damage.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

Yeah its video game and winning is fun, losing isn’t. How much SPvP have you done, cause I find " I only lost 1v1 vs a necros" extremely hard to believe.

But if running GS is your thing by all means keep running it, I just don’t see why you wouldn’t run better weapons that offer same amount of defense and do more damage.

I’m like rank 20. And when I say I only lose 1v1 to necros, that’s equal skill level. If I get two shot or I die and the person didn’t get hit once, I just got outskilled. I don’t count that. If it was close, or took longer than 15s and at least half his health bar, that’s equal skill. If I lost by the skin of my teeth. Or won by the skin of my teeth. That’s what I mean.

And for the third time, the reason I don’t run 1h sword is because ITS ANNOYING

Although, with the changes to Warhorn, I kinda have to now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The weapon is direct damage, the bleed didn’t make any sense. I would like to see five stacks of vulnerability instead of three, though, or an increased duration time.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in Ranger

naphack.9346

I’d actually like to see 2 stacks of vuln for 18 seconds.
It would give the skill a different flavor from the short duration high stack vuln spikes on opening strike.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

5 is reasonable, definitely.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Ranger

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah, 3 is weak, needs more.

And I agree, Tsohg, the 1h sword is annoying as heck. Even with the blast finisher on warhorn, I’m still not going to take it because there are no main hand weapons I like.

And I only play WvW so Swoop is awesome to get around. Man I’d really like to blast my own waterfield though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The decision to change it to Vulnerability was fine on its own. I’m not necessarily one of those people who insists that all weapons need to be ONLY power or ONLY condition damage so I don’t think it needed to be changed based on that alone, but Vulnerability works better for Ranger because of the pet, so from that perspective I approve.

However, 3 stacks for 6 seconds? That’s really not very good at all, and honestly Anet should know that by this point. They recently (one or two patches ago I think?) buffed the Guardian trait Blind Exposure, which was previously exactly the same as what the new Maul has, 3 stacks of vuln for 6 seconds when applying Blind to an enemy. Now its 3 stacks for 10 seconds.

Maul should at least have 10 seconds duration if its going to stick to 3 stacks of Vuln. Or perhaps be 5-6 stacks of Vuln instead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’m not impressed with the change either. I think any other condition would be better, even poison. yes, even bleed.

edit: also, maul is the main damage skill on the Greatsword. But I bet the vulnerability gets applied after the damage, so Maul can never even take advantage of it.

edit2:
Bleeding
Blind
Burning
Chilled
Confusion
Crippled
Immobilized
Poison
Torment
Weakness
Daze
Fear
Knockdown
Launch (Blowout)
Pull
Push (Knockback)
Stun

Yep, any other condition would have been better than Vulnerability

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

10 stacks of vulnerability is what I expected on a skill like this. It has delay, completely telegraphed like eviscerate, and it does 4k damage crits at best without modifiers like signets or large might stacks.

If you’re not going to give it the stacks, buff maul by 15% and change the vulnerability to weakness.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

10 stacks of vulnerability is what I expected on a skill like this. It has delay, completely telegraphed like eviscerate, and it does 4k damage crits at best without modifiers like signets or large might stacks.

If you’re not going to give it the stacks, buff maul by 15% and change the vulnerability to weakness.

That’s actually a very good suggestion. Being the sort of defensive weapon the GS is, weakness would work perfectly with this. The damage increase would balance it out too.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

Yeah, 3 stacks of Vuln is absurd.

What about weakness? I think it would fit the defensive nature of Ranger GS.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I would welcome a buff to Maul or AA and add weakness to Maul.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Vulnerability is the worst lol its a dps killer on many skills in this game. I don’t care about your skills that give 1-3 stacks of vulnerability, i want at least 5 if it uses a ‘spot’ instead of a damaging condition. The only time i like vulnerability is with Dazzling/Diversion on mesmer, everywhere else it suck in my opinion

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

in Ranger

Posted by: Newbie.4586

Newbie.4586

I just find it funny ANET believes 3 Stacks of Bleed == 3 stacks of Vuln

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

It increases damage to your whole team!!!!!!!lol i love when people say this as if you had a team with you permanently everywhere you go use dat Maul on…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

It increases damage to your whole team!!!!!!!lol i love when people say this as if you had a team with you permanently everywhere you go use dat Maul on…

I think you misunderstood him, or i have. I thought he was agreeing with you.

in Ranger

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

Well you do have a pet with you at all times, the bleed damage was direct, but atleast vunerability affects your pets’ damage too.

Still 3 stacks is underwhelming, even if you manage to hit multiple targets with it.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Yes, I would also like to see it changed to Weakness.

Or otherwise Knockdown.

Or otherwise Blast Finisher.

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Knockdown would be very sweet. :>

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

A knockdown every 5 seconds is kinda OP