30 point skill Requests

30 point skill Requests

in Ranger

Posted by: Ageii.7890

Ageii.7890

ok I for one will not use the ones provided druid spirit and spirit of nature are just lame bottom line. So my fellow rangers lets make a list (hope it hasnt been done) and try to change this^^ My proposals

1. The Famous Charged Shot OFC-Have the ranger power up like RAO and charge a piercing arrow of light that deals up to 30% max Dmg or something
2. Race based Towers- Tower shoots up from underneath you to give you higher ground
3. Homing Arrows -Longe range high damage barrage of 3-6 arrows
4. Extreme Footwork- Gain same speed for kiting as you would from running forward^^

1 and 4 my fav

30 point skill Requests

in Ranger

Posted by: Xaros.3986

Xaros.3986

4 would be cool :-)

As I wrote in another thread, I would like to see rangers be able to camouflage themselves and their pets. It would work like a long duration stealth skill, but the downside is that you can’t move or it will break. Good way to set up ambushes or avoid zergs.

Another idea is a skill that allows pets to track foes for you (e.g. sniff out footprints and make them visible to you so that you can follow them and see where the foe is).

Xáros – Necromancer

30 point skill Requests

in Ranger

Posted by: Engel Angel.9076

Engel Angel.9076

Agreed, imo most skills (not just 30pts ones) I find totally useless…for a ranger anyway.
I like the traps, but that’s about it…

-1 to 4 don’t inspire anything to me, although 3 could possibly be useful, and 2 would be a sight to see :P

-The footprint idea is pretty cool, but not really practical in this kind of game imo.

-Camouflage would be AWSOME: I can’t count the number of times I got pawned cuz a zergs suddenly pops up and there’s nowhere to hide…frustrating when i know i would be able to take most of them 1v1 no problem -_-’
Aren’t rangers supposed to be the perfect scouts? how can we scouts if we ain’t got no stealth capabilities whatsoever?

Here are my suggestion btw

-Explosive arrow for a control blast, kinda like “knock back shot” with LB, but useful in a crowd

-An “arrow upgrade” Signet that gives arrows a little “boost”, examples would be fire/ice/bleed/2 arrows per shot/whatever/… that gives condition damage to arrows.

-“Turn into X pet” skill, like some of those heart quest where you get turned into an animal or a machine: maybe make it turn us into the same as active pet or something, that would be so cool

-“Wild animal comes to help” skill, where any green, and possibly yellow, animals in the vicinity comes to fight for us, that would be very cool too!

“A single picture is worth a thousand words”

30 point skill Requests

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

i would really really hate it if rangers got stealth, i choose ranger type classes because i do not like stealth mechanics and really think they have no place in MMOs in general. but i just thought i would voice my opinion here before all the OMG stealth would be awesome posts.

absolutely no stealth for rangers please

30 point skill Requests

in Ranger

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

i would really really hate it if rangers got stealth, i choose ranger type classes because i do not like stealth mechanics and really think they have no place in MMOs in general. but i just thought i would voice my opinion here before all the OMG stealth would be awesome posts.

But but….rangers already have stealth…. (Hide in Plain Sight)

IMO it’s okay as long as it makes sense and is appropriate. Maybe not like true stealth? but a camouflage, faded into shadows thingy. If you’re a ranger you should know some things about hiding yourself and stalking prey.

30 point skill Requests

in Ranger

Posted by: Xaros.3986

Xaros.3986

-“Turn into X pet” skill, like some of those heart quest where you get turned into an animal or a machine: maybe make it turn us into the same as active pet or something, that would be so cool

-“Wild animal comes to help” skill, where any green, and possibly yellow, animals in the vicinity comes to fight for us, that would be very cool too!

Morph and Charm would be cool skills :-) Not sure if I think it would fit the Ranger, or perhaps be better as a new class mechanic in an expansion though.

But Ranger type classes have stealth in many (most?) MMOs, so it seems like a strange choice of class if you want to avoid stealth. Besides, we were not talking about “stealth” as in a skill that makes you invisible. Camouflage should be a slow casting, easily interrupted, skill that allows the Ranger to use his surroundings to hide himself from sight. Moving while camouflaged would obviously negate the effect and make the Ranger visible. And so it would be nothing like the stealth that for example the Thief has.

Xáros – Necromancer