400% "shave" for Lingering Light

in Ranger

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

You’d think that a company that says they like to balance by shaving wouldn’t look at a trait for 5 days and then nerf it by 400%. I mean I’d have understood 6, 8, maybe even 10 seconds… wtf

Ranger//Necro

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

We’re rangers. That’s how Anet handles us.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Give em a break. They are at least trying to balance. IMO they could learn a thing or two from Riot about balancing through gradual buffs/nerfs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

“Just a bit off the top.”
/barber cuts your face off

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Made me kittening laugh. Thanks for that, I needed it after this hammer-to-problem nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Give em a break. They are at least trying to balance. IMO they could learn a thing or two from Riot about balancing through gradual buffs/nerfs.

If you say that again I’ll definitely learn hacking just to personally edit it into something different.
Riot are the worst balance-oriented company in gaming industry I have ever seen.

I do not want their approach of lying to players and forcing them a certain game-style that you either play or ban. Addictive imbalance is one of the worst balance systems that destroys the game eventually. They already lost a massive amount of former dedicated players because of it.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Did anyone really think that it wasn’t going to get nerfed this much? All Anet does is over nerf and over buff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Did anyone really think that it wasn’t going to get nerfed this much? All Anet does is over nerf and over buff.

i thought it would of been 8seconds MAX like what they did with Eles but the counter point is Eles version dealt quite a bit of damage to gain that side effect.

now we have less Heal per trigger and less blind , while Eles damage is unrestriced and only the blind is ICD.

druid lost out big time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

^ Likewise. 8s to match Blinding Ashes, 10s at most with 6s at the very least. Where the hell did they come up with 12s and thought it would be fine? They must be throwing darts again at the board and using the first number it lands on. Just happy the dart didn’t land on 20.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

And other classes wonder why rangers are so bitter. How many nerfs is this in the last week? Utterly ridiculous.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

holy crap, lmfao. this trait is now completely useless. it was nice to give that utility to our team while we could boys. cant have nice things. ever.

I was actually advocating for a 6s ICD nerf. but this is just outright insane, no offense devs. like HOW am I supposed to use this now? what’s the POINT of having a random freaking blind every 12 seconds and a crappy heal? I cant control this proc in any way. ZERO control over it. which is why it needed to have been on a shorter ICD. 6-7s max. or allow us to trigger it with a utility so that it’s actually skill-based.

id also like to know what is up with these knee-jerk responses after a bit of complaining on the forums, subsequently leading to entirely useless GM’s.

I was thinking theyd be reasonable enough to nerf it by about 100%. not 400%.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

You can totally tell which anet employee did this change. Roy need to calm his kittens and stop smashing things on ranger; adjust them the small amounts and iterate. At the knee jerk rate were going I expect us to not even have healing at the end of the month.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

^ Likewise. 8s to match Blinding Ashes, 10s at most with 6s at the very least. Where the hell did they come up with 12s and thought it would be fine? They must be throwing darts again at the board and using the first number it lands on. Just happy the dart didn’t land on 20.

That is the absolute maximum that I would expect (8s), considering the roundabout way of triggering the Blind from Lingering Light (buff on healed ally, who then is required to hit an enemy) and its pure defensiveness (Elementalist’s Blinding Ashes applies Blind directly on application of Burning, a hugely offensive condition). Five to 6 seconds would have been a reasonable nerf, considering the LL buff was reduced to 3 seconds as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Well, at least we still have Most Dangerous Game.

/s

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

holy crap, lmfao. this trait is now completely useless. it was nice to give that utility to our team while we could boys. cant have nice things. ever.

I was actually advocating for a 6s ICD nerf. but this is just outright insane, no offense devs. like HOW am I supposed to use this now? what’s the POINT of having a random freaking blind every 12 seconds and a crappy heal? I cant control this proc in any way. ZERO control over it. which is why it needed to have been on a shorter ICD. 6-7s max. or allow us to trigger it with a utility so that it’s actually skill-based.

id also like to know what is up with these knee-jerk responses after a bit of complaining on the forums, subsequently leading to entirely useless GM’s.

I was thinking theyd be reasonable enough to nerf it by about 100%. not 400%.

I was actually expecting for a split second for Anet to be reasonable and do a much smaller nerf to start, you know, like these NON-RANGER balance fixes that changes things by 25-33-50% and nowhere near 400% :::

Engineer
*Adaptive Armor: Reduced the toughness gained per stack of Adaptive Armor from 100 to 60.

• Human Growth Hormone: Reduced the duration of might granted from this trait from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.

Guardian

• Dragonhunter—Procession of Blades: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 20 to 25 seconds.
  • Dragonhunter—Test of Faith: Reduced the duration of this trap from 9 seconds — the tooltip incorrectly indicated 8 — to 6.
  • Dragonhunter—Dragon’s Maw: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 60 to 75 seconds.

Revenant

• Infuse Light: Reduced the duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
  • Crystal Hibernation: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Soothing Bastion: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • Surge of the Mists: Reduced the damage by 15%.

Mesmer

• Chronomancer—Gravity Well: Reduced damage of final strike by 20%.

etc.

yeah, no trust in Anet anymore, not even for a split second.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

our best bet is to keep this bumped as demand some sort of explanation. this is just crazy balls.

I mean, nobody said LL was ok in it’s current form. it needed a nerf. but not a nerf into uselessness.

6-8s ICD and it may be usable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

yep 12s too much, keep it in 8s or 6s.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

6 seconds would put it right around 600 healing per second base, which would be a good number for the base heal.

There’s only one weapon that reliably procs Lingering Light anyhow, and it shouldn’t be used as the base case for nerfs/buffs because of that (aka the blind output is only existent with one weapon, disregarding sigil interactions).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If they’re going to nerf it into the ground they might as well just give us back the beta version. We’d have one trait for pvp, pve overworld/wvw, and one for pve instanced.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

8 sec icd, 4 sec duraiton.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jericho.4598

Jericho.4598

LOL, kitten this game. kitten ArenaNet. 12 seconds? Are you kidding me? From 3 seconds to 12 SECONDS?! WTF? I demand some kind of bullkitten reasoning behind this.

Rangers. We inherit the wild.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

Please do not forget about how anet likes to handle these things. It was said by a dev recently (apologies, I forget the name) that they prefer to nerf something into near oblivion (which if we’re being honest here its not that extreme) until they can figure out how to safely bring it back into the game. They normally do this incrementally, long term. If we’ve learnt anything by now it’s that anet are a very. . . Patient company. Give it time gentlemen and ladyfolk, don’t forget that hating the Ranger and actively trying to destroy it, as you all seem to believe, doesn’t actually benefit them at all as a business.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

but we still have an entire core profession that’s entirely broken. weapons, utilities, pets, and a dozen traits that aren’t playable in pvp, at all. like, when do we start addressing this? why do we have to go 2 steps backward every time with the druid instead of doing things more thoughtfully (and with the player base consultation if needed), leaving the druid for a bit, and focusing on what matters.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Ancient Seeds is next.

Then Grace of the Land.

Just wait….

Headdesk

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

(and with the player base consultation if needed)

I know for a fact that anet consults with the top PvP players for feedback and even play PvP with them on a daily basis. As far as I know the really knowledgeable ranger players aren’t asked for feedback. Maybe anet would consider talking to the guys who really, really have good ideas like jcbroe. What is Radioactive “Bear’s” account name? I’m not terribly familiar with the guy and then all the sudden he’s the highest profile ranger in the game.

in Ranger

Jericho.4598

Ancient Seeds is next.

Then Grace of the Land.

Just wait….

I already deleted my druid, going to play my DH now lol. My heart cannot take another 3 years of this bullkitten from their “balancing” team.

Cheese Mesmers and Cheese Thieves cry in PvP all the time when I kill them, yet we get something good and it gets slashed right away. kitten ArenaNet and kitten this game.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Ancient Seeds is next.

Then Grace of the Land.

Just wait….

Druid—Grace of the Land: Reduced buff to 1% per heal and reduced effect duration to 3 seconds with a 10 second cooldown.

in Ranger

Jericho.4598

Ancient Seeds is next.

Then Grace of the Land.

Just wait….

It’s already hard enough to maintain 5 stacks of GOTL on any given player you’re “healing”. The incoming nerfs are welcomed, because ANET like a dead ranger more so than a bleeding one… lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Ancient Seeds is next.

Then Grace of the Land.

Just wait….

I already deleted my druid, going to play my DH now lol. My heart cannot take another 3 years of this bullkitten from their “balancing” team.

Cheese Mesmers and Cheese Thieves cry in PvP all the time when I kill them, yet we get something good and it gets slashed right away. kitten ArenaNet and kitten this game.

I’m contemplating this. I won’t delete my Druid, but I might stop playing it because it’s just disappointment after disappointment. I can’t reliably work on any build because Anet isn’t nerfing anything, they are obliterating workable solutions into oblivion. Did that with Thief, thought I’d be safe with Druid. I only fault my self for having place faith in Anet.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Re: everyone deleting druids. It was never meant for open world, and I have always been incredibly skeptical of it being meant for PvP. I think it’s real, sole, focused role it raids. Raids might even be balanced around a dedicated healer.

in Ranger

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

If this was reddit, I’d give you gold my friend.

Also isn’t the radiactive ranger named “The Guardian”?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

first you kill my lingering light build, so I change my build, then you kill my mistrel build by deleting minstrel amulet? ANET, do you play your own kittening game? Whats next, I make a build I like and you delete it tomorrow?

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Having a 400% nerf to a GM trait is not acceptable. 5-6s cooldown would have been fine. Don’t nerf something to the point where people won’t use it anymore. Just make small changes, not huge ones like these.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

If this was reddit, I’d give you gold my friend.

Also isn’t the radiactive ranger named “The Guardian”?

Maybe. That account has whispered me before and I was like “what?”

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

let’s make a deal devs, 6s ICD and “keep a close eye on it.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Ancient Seeds is next.

Then Grace of the Land.

Just wait….

The PvP complaints are already rolling in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Something-needs-to-be-done-with-Ancient-Seeds

incoming nerf in 3… 2…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

Please do not forget about how anet likes to handle these things. It was said by a dev recently (apologies, I forget the name) that they prefer to nerf something into near oblivion (which if we’re being honest here its not that extreme) until they can figure out how to safely bring it back into the game. They normally do this incrementally, long term. If we’ve learnt anything by now it’s that anet are a very. . . Patient company. Give it time gentlemen and ladyfolk, don’t forget that hating the Ranger and actively trying to destroy it, as you all seem to believe, doesn’t actually benefit them at all as a business.

You know who else is patient? After everquest 1 nerfed my necro skelly pet into the ground I never gave that company another dime and I never will. EQ1 was probably my favorite game all time too.

These aspergers lunchbox kids are messing with the future not just the here and now.

in Ranger

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Omg this skill is so op, u should reduce blindness to 1/4 second and increase the recharge to 25 mins. Come on, it’s only a master trait!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and maybe give it a little shave and reduce the healing to 12.

(edited by EthanLightheart.9168)

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

SIgh. Maybe we can be optimistic? They removed the Minstrel Ammy and made LL completely worthless. Maybe both of these, individually as well as in tandem, were too strong. Maybe this means the devs are now free to buff other components of Druid. Like the staff. Like increasing the radius of Seeds of Life. Like improving core ranger to work well enough that it could stand on it’s own. Maybe even synergise with Druid even more than it already does.

On the other hand, this unfortunate nerf is just another example of how terrible Anet actually is at communication. The nerf came with no warning. We don’t even know the actual thought process Anet went through to arrive at this decision. This is the type of decision making that creates the Us Vs Them attitude that prevails in the community. This is the reason that most players feel they know whats actually better for the game than the devs do.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Having a 400% nerf to a GM trait is not acceptable. 5-6s cooldown would have been fine. Don’t nerf something to the point where people won’t use it anymore. Just make small changes, not huge ones like these.

My thoughts exactly..
I wonder why did they think that after this nerf ppl will still use somehow this trait.. How did it cross their minds? How and Why?

(edited by Dardamaniac.1295)

in Ranger

Posted by: BeckaPL.2670

BeckaPL.2670

I had this exact thought this morning. Woke up to yet another druid nerf with no buffs whatsoever and then saw how extreme it was. I don’t understand the logic that it’s better to nerf things to death and incrementally buff it again. Especially since it feels a lot like that’s not going to happen. At the moment it just feels like they’re going to nerf every little bit of druid into the floor and never bring them back up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Shaving you said?

This is how it works for rangers:

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Maybe this means the devs are now free to buff other components of Druid. Like the staff. Like increasing the radius of Seeds of Life. Like improving core ranger to work well enough that it could stand on it’s own. Maybe even synergise with Druid even more than it already does.

Ranger receiving compensatory buffs to balance out nerfs?

in Ranger

Posted by: Medozorz.5920

Medozorz.5920

12 seconds seems a little OTT:D 8 or so would seem more balanced.

TUP

in Ranger

Posted by: Ronorra.1530

Ronorra.1530

The harshness of this nerf borders on the idiotic, and that is saying it nice.

edit, screw this. Its kittened. Good job Irenio!

(edited by Ronorra.1530)

in Ranger

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

It s a crazy situation…

LL OP before with 3 sec CD and now totally useless with 12 CD
Can we have a normal balance fix plz?? 6-8 sec CD???

OMG, well done Anet!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

Oh man… this is a sad sight. The 400% nerf just totally killed this trait. I think we all agree that it was OP, but all it needed was a 6-8s CD to make it balanced; 12s is useless.

I get that they want to try and balance things, but these knee-jerk reaction nerfs are getting pretty depressing. There are plenty of very obviously OP things on other classes right now (cough DH Elite Trap cough), and yet we are starting to feel victimized by the relentless nerf bat.

Please go back to nerfing by margins; this trait is now garbage and we don’t want to wait months (or years) for them to be fixed again.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

And that’s a grandmaster trait?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Darksaffey.8479

Darksaffey.8479

I’m not surprised to be honest.. I mean what do you expect when we only got one beta weekend to test it out? Almost looks like the entire first week after the HoT launch is just a beta week for Druid.. and it’s getting ripped apart. Hope Anet learns that one beta weekend for a new elite is not enough (not sure how Scrapper is doing though, so just talking about Druid here).

Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree this is ridiculous. Ranger is my main and so far I’ve had zero interest in Druid just because I have no idea what they want with the elite (all the nerfing does not make it better). For now I’m just sticking to Ranger till Anet figures out what the hell they want Druids to do… Cause it doesn’t seem like they want it to be a good healer.

Knight Captain of The Knights Temple [TKT] (Gandara)
-Genetta Tigrina – Cicadina – Genetta Victoriae-

in Ranger

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

It’s also unfortunate due to the fact that Lingering Light was a very unique form of allied support and really one of the only ways Druid was supporting allies outside of Celestial Avatar.

I think we can all agree that 3 second ICD was a bit overpowered, while 12 makes the trait borderline useless, and Arenanet is developing a disturbing pattern of destructive nerfs toward the class, which started imo with the nerfing of the Spirit utilities.

Ranger//Necro