Post your new builds here!

Please.

Soon.

So much WvW pain.

So much lost.

Any builds with Trapper Runes? Any?

How about one around Traveler’s Runes?

Not PvE – WvW.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

So far the best build I tested is 6/0/6/0/6

The new Beastmaster is just too good not to pick. It makes you a CC bot that screw over people’s defensive measure. On the contrary, I’m abit disappointed about the Quick Draw which only lasts for 4 seconds. The impact is not as big as having free cc + weakness bots.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: paxi.1236

paxi.1236

Are you playing your builds in WvW?
I don’t know how i should play, i tried many builds, but my favourite trapper build is changed and i don’t wan’t to play it…

Have somebody a condition or a normal dmg build for WvW which is not full zerker?

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I think im gonna roll with this for frontline zerging. looks really good. I tested Remorseless in mists, and maul hits very hard. and often.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I think im gonna roll with this for frontline zerging. looks really good. I tested Remorseless in mists, and maul hits very hard. and often.

For zergs, you might want to minmax with some valkyrie armor and weapons.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Condi Birdmaster in PvP.

I like to see people melt from hybrid damage (15 stacks of bleeds, 6 of poison, and 3k crits from birds) and soft CC spam (blind, cripple, weakness, chill, …).

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VKV-73;1FVu-q2JEF-0;9F-1;1Z_b;0057257036;4Vw07U;1fgm9fgm92K

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

^I looked forward to a build like that, in fact I tested it for a number of hours last night. I found the damage and survivability quite underwhelming. SB broke my heart…it’s so bad (compared to a/d s/t). my favourite condi build so far was that same trait layout, but with 2 traps. survivability is a bit shaky, but huge damage.

and then there’s also the 0/0/6/6/6 regen condi BM bunker…I looked forward to this one the most. I feel it’s kinda dead in the current state of the game because it just doesn’t do enough damage and regen + SoW is quite underwhelming when the damage is so high. even with all the prot and weakness we have now. I will likely go back to it and try to improve my play.

my favourite build by far is the one Heim laid out, and its variations. still have to check out zerky LB/GS, but I think 6/0/6/0/6 brings way more to the table with the right stats, compared to 6/6/6/0/0 and 6/0/6/6/0, which really don’t have enough utility

to my surprise, BW seems to synergize way better with hard-hitting power builds than with condi builds.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

soo from what i see, with all the crit related traits (fury, crit on OS) presicion doesnt worth gearing anymore in power builds?

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

soo from what i see, with all the crit related traits (fury, crit on OS) presicion doesnt worth gearing anymore in power builds?

For burst, you may as well use tanky stats and load up on ferocity (so Cavalier/Valk/Crusader stats) but for sustained damage, you need precision imo.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

For burst, you may as well use tanky stats and load up on ferocity (so Cavalier/Valk/Crusader stats) but for sustained damage, you need precision imo.

what would be for pve mostly? because im 70% pve, 30% wvw

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’d be sticking with zerker for PvE and a blend of valk/cav/cleric for WvW just come up with the stats you like really. I myself will use pure cavalier for wvw, mind you, that will be for dual melee. For LB, I’d probly just stay glass, gotta love that risk/reward.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

My favorite one so far is a melee GS S/A survival build.

Rune: Hoelbrak
Amulet: Celestial

Heal- TU
Lightning Reflex, Quickening Zephyr, Signet of the Wild.
Elite: Strenght of the Pack

Marksmanship- I,IV,VIII

Remorseless works so well with SOTP it’s pretty insane, I’m getting opening strike every 3 seconds wile its up.

Skirmishing-II, IV, IX
Primal Reflexes works nicely with GS aa. Most dangerous game is one of my favorite new traits. with Hoelbrak rune u can maintain about 10 stacks of might if under 50% hp.

Wilderness Survival-II,VI,VIII

Its similar to a bunker setup I ran before the change except u do fairly decent dmg now.
Love the marksmanship line now. Never thought I’d be using it on a melee setup but oh well.

This is sPVP build btw.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Why use celestial for that build?

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

I pvped a little bit this morning…Sorta remember why I quit the game.

The build I enjoyed the most was Skirmishing(3,6,7)/Wilderness(3/4/8)/Beast(1/4/7)

using two birds (though I may change that up to something else)

Utilities were Trolls/SOTW/Lightning Reflex/Spike Trap/Entangle

Eagle doing 2 Bleeds/Weakness/Blind every 4 Seconds is silly good…

Throw in Beastly Warden for that Pull (which lines them up) and Spike trap and you have a fun day. I thought about dropping SOTW for Sharpened Edges simply to Stack 20+ bleeds on someone super quick.

But yea..Eagle with those traits actually makes Ranger Shout build have a run for its money.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Why use celestial for that build?

I’m sure there are better alternatives, I also haven’t tried any of the new amulets.

I enjoy celestial due to the well rounded stats. U do pretty good dmg, and don’t die in 2 hits. The extra healing power helps a little bit too with the regen u get from the signet and TU (even as minor as it is)

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

Ive been using bm bunker which has been working ok, defently has more killing power then before the patch

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VKFk73;1F-v-d2JEF-0;9V4a;1a_b;0237147056;4PsW5T;1nBnBnBnB9w

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

this is what i’m thinking for pve dungeons/fractals

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J;4sEFv-c2kDV-0;9F8j;1Yab;0247056247;4eNV95;1zxrUzxrUn-FQ3-sDH3;1HbH6IbI6JbJ6230Cs1k;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VRV8c

SotW could be swapped for SnR for pugs or Gaurd when you need a stun break.

still testing pvp builds, I made a side control build that held up against and ele, guard and thief for a few minutes and dmg is good from the pet.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

The build I enjoyed the most was Skirmishing(3,6,7)/Wilderness(3/4/8)/Beast(1/4/7)

Throw in Beastly Warden for that Pull (which lines them up) and Spike trap and you have a fun day. I thought about dropping SOTW for Sharpened Edges simply to Stack 20+ bleeds on someone super quick.

But yea..Eagle with those traits actually makes Ranger Shout build have a run for its money.

u can still do 0/6/6/0/6, just not the way you want to. you have to run a few traps to bolsters your condi spike, otherwise u cant compete with other profs’ condi builds. I ran it for about 5 hours yesterday, worked great with a good team. not the most survivable. but then u can always go 0/6/6/6/0 and skip Beastly Warden, still use birds, and do lots of damage while surviving.

my dream build was 0/0/6/6/6 bunker with birds, but sadly it just doesn’t do enough damage. and regen bunking isn’t viable at all right now. not without the Resistance boon.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-JV-F3;1FVx-e2JEF-0;9;4Z_b;0057247036;4Kwl6V;1fgm9fgm90F

Been having a lot of fun with this. Beastmaster tree is great (Eagle is a beast). I’ve been having a lot of success as a fringe fighter. Great sustain dmg and soft cc’s to really kitten someone up in a team fight. Whenever I get focused have a lot of tools to gtfo and re-position.

Entangling roots/ eagle f2/ geomancy proc is great burst.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dart.7683

Dart.7683

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jg-F7;1FFx-r2cDV-0;9V2E;1Y_b;0257157246;4UBW4I;1m7YBm7YB5X

I imagine this build will probably go through a few more changes, but this is the one I’ve been having tons of fun with. I sort of nicknamed it “JUST, DO IT!!!” because, well, the meme was funny. I’ve only tested it a bit in sPvP so far, but I could imagine it doing really well in PvE or maybe WvW too!

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Been hesitating between a 6/0/0/6/6 or 0/0/6/6/6 shout/axe build but I’m still wondering which one I am going to play.

the 6/0/0/6/6 has great initation with Axe #4 and when you drop at 50% health, that Quickness with Auto-Signet will realy make you and your pet powerhouses.

but

the 0/0/6/6/6 makes your pet so much more tanky to the point it can’t be negleted. My Drake was litteraly holding its own against champions ennemies thanks to bark skin and the extra regen from shouts and compassion training. Also the CC protection and condition removal options are realy nice to have on a shout build.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

u can still do 0/6/6/0/6, just not the way you want to. you have to run a few traps to bolsters your condi spike, otherwise u cant compete with other profs’ condi builds. I ran it for about 5 hours yesterday, worked great with a good team. not the most survivable. but then u can always go 0/6/6/6/0 and skip Beastly Warden, still use birds, and do lots of damage while surviving.

my dream build was 0/0/6/6/6 bunker with birds, but sadly it just doesn’t do enough damage. and regen bunking isn’t viable at all right now. not without the Resistance boon.

I can spit out quite a few conditions with this setup..its basically my old BM bunker build with the use of Spike trap now. You could use the other traps if ya want over SPike trap I just found that knockdown to be very useful.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Err… did we get any new builds? from what I’ve seen power ranger got buffed, condi ranger got nerfed hard, and trapper ranger got nerfed hard too.

since we had 3 viable builds to begin with, it seems like now we have 1.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Err… did we get any new builds? from what I’ve seen power ranger got buffed, condi ranger got nerfed hard, and trapper ranger got nerfed hard too.

(fingers tapping) (tap) (tap) (tap) (tap) (tap) (tap) (tap)

Still waiting for any builds to be posted that are:

1. WvW

2. Condi that I have seen and been melted by even with four condi clears.

3. Fixes for our new and most damaging issues – broken skills with pet healing being number 1.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Had to adapt Power Ranger to new Specs, good results in Ranked (Phoenix rank).

http://intothemists.com/guides/5468-lead_the_zephyr

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

1. WvW

3. Fixes for our new and most damaging issues – broken skills with pet healing being number 1.

I know you and I don’t see eye to eye, and that’s okay, but I’m going to post for you what I run in WvW, updated for the patch: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J;5FFx-d2cDF-0;9k2Z;1Y_a;0238157057;4INl6W;1m9fgm9fgN-Gz0-35;2VO-aWY1kYi3w_6Z-870H-7V-17VZ

My only comment is that I can’t be sure which aspect of WvW you were referring to, but I don’t solo roam, and even if I did, I wouldn’t honestly change a thing. I play with small guild groups all the way up to full sized “guild raids.”

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer constructively, and if you have any criticisms, we can try to have a civil debate about them.

When I’m playing in a large group setting, our guild runs essentially half glass, where two 5 man groups go AoE nuke and anti-periphery while everybody else goes frontline/zerg group. My group is myself, another ranger, 2 thieves, and a mesmer, while the other group is another mesmer and a mixture of glass eles and necros.

We split off from the main group and collapse on backlines, and my group has target priority on squishy casters and thieves, keeping the damage off our zerg group and the damage classes off of our casters.

I originally started playing this same role for my guild on mesmer, and now, my guild leader requests that I play on my ranger because I “one shot whatever I attack and I never go down or die,” so you won’t hear me complaining since ranger is my main lol.

Other than that, I can’t imagine playing conditions in WvW, or even really enjoying playing condi. I’m sure I could make it work if I tried, but it just doesn’t suit my preferences in large scale, open field combat.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

1. WvW

I know you and I don’t see eye to eye, and that’s okay, but I’m going to post for you what I run in WvW, updated for the patch: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J;5FFx-d2cDF-0;9k2Z;1Y_a;0238157057;4INl6W;1m9fgm9fgN-Gz0-35;2VO-aWY1kYi3w_6Z-870H-7V-17VZ

My only comment is that I can’t be sure which aspect of WvW you were referring to, but I don’t solo roam, and even if I did, I wouldn’t honestly change a thing. I play with small guild groups all the way up to full sized “guild raids.”

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer constructively, and if you have any criticisms, we can try to have a civil debate about them.

When I’m playing in a large group setting, our guild runs essentially half glass, where two 5 man groups go AoE nuke and anti-periphery while everybody else goes frontline/zerg group. My group is myself, another ranger, 2 thieves, and a mesmer, while the other group is another mesmer and a mixture of glass eles and necros.

We split off from the main group and collapse on backlines, and my group has target priority on squishy casters and thieves, keeping the damage off our zerg group and the damage classes off of our casters.

I originally started playing this same role for my guild on mesmer, and now, my guild leader requests that I play on my ranger because I “one shot whatever I attack and I never go down or die,” so you won’t hear me complaining since ranger is my main lol.

Other than that, I can’t imagine playing conditions in WvW, or even really enjoying playing condi. I’m sure I could make it work if I tried, but it just doesn’t suit my preferences in large scale, open field combat.

Thank you.

That was very kind.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Touche Amore.2083

Touche Amore.2083

My PVE Zerker build that’s great at self stacking might and puts out amazing damage.
Taking advantage of clarion bond, brutish seals, onslaught, quickdraw and zephyrs speed in BM tree.

sword horn/GS

flame trap can be substituted for zephyr or another signet etc if you have someone else dropping fire fields

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J;4wEFy-f2kDV-0;9V8b;1YZb;0236236147;45cX0S;1zxrUzxrUs-FiY3hG;3HbH6IbI6JbJbCH0BN2s;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VRk3L

rotation goes:
cast jungle stalker f2 (5 might stacks)
Rampage as one
signet of wild (
3 might stacks and dmg buff)
flame trap on enemy
warhorn 5 (4 might stacks)
AA chain
swap pet to jag (blast finisher +4 might stacks, zephyr speed and 3 might stacks)
swap to GS (
2 might stacks from sigil)
Maul (pop signet of hunt during animation +3 might stacks and dmg buff)
AA
Maul after quick draw cd
swap to sword and AA until cd
repeat

(edited by Touche Amore.2083)

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

1. WvW

Thank you.

That was very kind.

Anytime!

I don’t ever mean or intend to come off as rude or like a jerk, but it can definitely happen as we all have bad days and we’re only human.

I really am sorry for the times it does happen though, if you (or anybody) ever catches any of my responses like that, I might not always be aware of whether or not my response was inflammatory at the time, but just let me know and I’ll do my best to correct the situation.

There’s a very high tension environment revolving around the patch right now. My own personal manta repetition of “I will not needlessly rage post” combined with deep breathing exercises doesn’t always seem to be enough to get the job done lol.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Been messing around with traps. Had a lot of fun with this one. By fun I mean accidentally 100-0ing people because I took a long break from the game and have no idea how to play this build optimally.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-JV-F3;0wEFx-t2gEF-0;9-02;1Z_b;0256146036;4W-H7V;1l6Uwl6Uw1j

Kind of surprised myself but so far I am enjoying SB over A/D for traps. The chain cc is really nice.

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gildos.8460

Gildos.8460

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

This is what I am running for open world PvE right now:

GS is main weapon set, second one depends on what I do, but if you are lazy, you can just use the GS without worrying about weapon swap (has always been a rule for my Lazy Kai setups).

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VK;4wE-v-r2gDV-0;9k3b;1Yab;0247037147;9;1PedaPeda;0FW0-g290;0VOVTWYXcYi3o4c

Been too lazy to put all the stuff in there, but you get the picture. Fury everywhere, and buff pets for more buffs on swapping/F2.

Just needs a name: Fury Fur Build

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Dire Condi

Works in WvW and PvE well. You are very tanky, maintain constant regeneration and fury. You can apply constant bleed and poison pressure and burst at will quite frequently. I managed to hit a 5k bleed tick and a 1.2k poison tick on an enemy player simultaneously without even really trying (which is significantly higher than prepatch). The next tick hit for 4.8k bleed and 1k poison and that warrior was down (obviously was wounded from the initial blows to gain these stacks). My point being burst condi dmg is real post patch.

Pros
- Condition cleanse on every skill (not weapons)
- 2 stun breakers
- Low weapon cds promote constant weapon swapping to continue pressure
- Permanent fury uptime (used to apply bleeds)
- High swiftness uptime in combat
- Does very well at both close range and medium range
- Melts other Rangers and Guardians (both classes usually lack enough condition cleansing to keep up with the pressure)

Cons
- Doesn’t fare well at long range
- Lacks mobility outside of combat
- Can’t escape from anything (although the fear factor of reengaging has kept many players from chasing)
- Players running -40% condi duration foods require a bit more focus
- No stability
- Lack of aoe skills

(edited by Indoles.1467)

[6/23 Patch] New Builds!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’d never run Dire for PvE. Sinister all the way baby.