A much needed nerf/fixes. Finally!

in Ranger

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

Just waiting on all the HoT influence ranger/druid noobs QQ. As a 2012 ranger player and that’s all I play think these nerf/fixes are fine and I can adapt to these changes because I have in the past 4 years. Plus the changes/nerfs is not bad at all. Just roll menders if you are not good at ranger/druid or stop QQing. Plus, Healing power for druid is actually a buff. So, either you play on a skillful level or menders if you’re worried about healing.

Long live tyria!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilrik.6320

Kilrik.6320

Didn’t I see you under a bridge recently?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Op I here ya it’s funny how everyone’s overlooking the huge buff they added to CoTW, and GS buff is racking up the deeps quite a bit, especially if you drop D trait line for marksmanship. (We can deff use a buff for base line cleanse or at the very least a change to sigint of renewal.

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: ShotgunDiplomat.7239

ShotgunDiplomat.7239

Ranger since launch here.
I don’t have too many grievances with the changes, though the reduction in healing will probably throw a wrench into my DPS build, forcing me to integrate some of my cleric trinkets/rings into the mix to maintain my ability to survive. Haven’t had the chance to play yet though, so who knows, maybe not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Honestly guys, the druid is still the best healer in the game. It is just that now you actually need Healing Power.

Our issue is that our dps is bad. Both condi and power. That is the next item on the fix list i suppose.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Honestly guys, the druid is still the best healer in the game. It is just that now you actually need Healing Power.

Our issue is that our dps is bad. Both condi and power. That is the next item on the fix list i suppose.

In pve pre patch base ranger had (might have changed with sb changes) the highest condi dps builds. Mind you your target had to be as dumb as a sack of potatoes and stand in your fields.

Our burst in pvp context is pretty good if you build for it. We had tones of bunker attrition play, but that may change with the WHaO + SoTP changes.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Actually I do not think that the PvP build will suffer as much. I mean, we are using menders amulet after all. Sure, WHaO and SotP are pure nerfs, but it is not that big of a deal.

Call of the Wild giving unblockable to pets gives new weight to Marksmanship in PvP:
- start off with pet X
- swap to Smokescale and send it to attack with unblockable and remorseless
- profit

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

As someone who usually plays marksmanship burst build and already used warhorn in melee build, yea im happy with my new unblockable pet.
I mean on pet swap i got quickness alot of might and unblockable on the pet. Feelsgood.

Also the timing with maul and quickdraw is a bit better.

On a side note, id be careful saying menders equals less skill. It requires less skill, but you can still be very skilled and play support heal druid. Nothing wrong with that

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

The people that complain about a class too such a degree are usually the ones in the lower brackets. Not saying that the Druid did not deserve nerfs, but the hype was way bigger then the actual OP-ness.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

The people that complain about a class too such a degree are usually the ones in the lower brackets. Not saying that the Druid did not deserve nerfs, but the hype was way bigger then the actual OP-ness.

It seems fine but IMO 12 seconds on AF is more reasonable than 15.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Quite honestly the 10sec recharge was OTT. So was the stealth and full condi clear. However, rangers other condition clear options are bad.

Signet of Renewal is abysmal. 60 secs full transfer to kill your pet. Warrior for example has a signet on a 40s CD that just fully clears. No natural condition clears on weapon sets either.

Overall Core ranger is so inferior to the Druid line that anything that nerfs the druid heavily affects core as well.
Hopefully when they add a new Elite spec it will allow us other builds then bunker.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I also think that even if it doesnt seem like that at first glance, we got buffs which are more significant to the ranger profession as an overall compared to the nerfs we got. If you think about it, the recent nerfs doesnt “destroy” even one of our old builds, they’r all still viable. But the buffs did open up new options for us.

1- the ability to interrupt shielding abilities(COTW/CB+taunt/moa daze) – this is a big buff for MM builds(remorsless), togather with the GS buffs.

2.unblockble pet brusts with COTW+QD. horn was always good with bleed builds, with recent buffs to the skrimish traitline and to the horn, slowly but surly, it’s starting to be a real option.

3.SB got massive buffs for it’s offensive capabilities, but also for it’s utility. SB 3 alone can now give prema swiftness out of combat so SB builds can be much less tait dependet.

4. nerfs to shouts may bring back more WS builds, which are great but were just overshined by shouts.

5.seed of life is the ony heal that actually benefits from the HP scaling compared to last patch, perheps it will push glyphs builds into the meta.

We all been saying imprive core ranger, and we got improvments to core rangers, we asked to open up build derversity, it’s a step in the right direction. breaking up our cookie cutters NM/BM/DRUID , cannot be done only with buffs without creating a power creep, it should be about trade-offs, and that waht the recent patch is offering us.

Cheer up and try it out.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Ranger since launch here.
I don’t have too many grievances with the changes, though the reduction in healing will probably throw a wrench into my DPS build, forcing me to integrate some of my cleric trinkets/rings into the mix to maintain my ability to survive. Haven’t had the chance to play yet though, so who knows, maybe not.

I play condi with shamans/ravager gear with about 800 HP and i actually only lost about 200-300 healing which isnt even that bad.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

CoTW is crazy change. Unblockable pets now. My guildies who play rangers are loving it and destroying people as power based rangers. I may give it a try next season.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Ranger

Eleazar.9478

CoTW is crazy change. Unblockable pets now. My guildies who play rangers are loving it and destroying people as power based rangers. I may give it a try next season.

True story. I’ve dropped druid for mm and took seekers amulet in PvP and incorporated some commanders stats in wvw and I love base ranger again. Kinda weak to Condi builds but I’ve just been stuffing guards, wars, and revs in 1v1s it’s fantastic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

True story. I’ve dropped druid for mm and took seekers amulet in PvP and incorporated some commanders stats in wvw and I love base ranger again. Kinda weak to Condi builds but I’ve just been stuffing guards, wars, and revs in 1v1s it’s fantastic.

Yes they dropped druid and are playing core ranger and they are having easy time killing Revs/wars/DH. As you said most players don’t know yet that pets are unblockable and go into shield 5 or rev block or DH shelter/Shield of Courage.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Ranger

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

This mainly means no more full zerker full healing raids – and WvW/PvP is worse, well WvW, as PvP you get menders and HP raised much easier. I get why PvEers hate it more, it does force you into LESS diverse builds becuase u NEED HP so full magi or zealot debate is no longer a debate.

The OP did come out from under a bridge but I do agree ranger got some buffs peeps are overlooking or overshadowed by the nerfs to Druid heal AND the worst, SotP nerf.

SB is too new to see if it’s even useful or niche, at least the Devs finally tried, something we’ve asked for for – well before I even started playing.

GS buff is not overlooked it’s nice DPS increase, as a GS fan I love this.
WH – less of a buff in PvE, but PvP/WvW – yeahhhh.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Ranger

Last Warrior Lord.7248

I’ve been reading all these posted forums about rangers or to be specific druid trait. To be honest the ones crying only made ranger because of druid and cries when it was legitly adjusted. Sotp was an obvious one and shout heal as well. Cele form fix is perfect because it became to forgiving for mistakes with ‘We heal as one’ gaining cele form fast with Regen boon not even counting staffs healing skills. The shortbow was needing some love and we got it. Finally we have a unblockable skill/trait for our pets. Greatsword had some attention. Also, I got to say is if the Cele form and the two shout skills really hurts your only build you play it seems from what I’ve read; you’ve made the ranger class for the wrong reason. So just leave the class to the vets and stop crying about your HoT influence toon or actually play the ranger class besides playing your bunker pet carrying druid build. This is coming from a 4 year old ranger with no problems with adapting.

Also like to add is druid was ment for support not heavy DPs but for healing not both so it makes sense to adjust default healing so that using healing power trinkets/armor would be a more logical path. So either zerk stat for DPs and support yourself or healing stat for bunkering and team healing; not both.

Long live Tyria!

(edited by Last Warrior Lord.7248)

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I’ve been reading all these posted forums about rangers or to be specific druid trait. To be honest the ones crying only made ranger because of druid and cries when it was legitly adjusted. Sotp was an obvious one and shout heal as well. Cele form fix is perfect because it became to forgiving for mistakes with ‘We heal as one’ gaining cele form fast with Regen boon not even counting staffs healing skills. The shortbow was needing some love and we got it. Finally we have a unblockable skill/trait for our pets. Greatsword had some attention. Also, I got to say is if the Cele form and the two shout skills really hurts your only build you play it seems from what I’ve read; you’ve made the ranger class for the wrong reason. So just leave the class to the vets and stop crying about your HoT influence toon or actually play the ranger class besides playing your bunker pet carrying druid build. This is coming from a 4 year old ranger with no problems with adapting.

Long live Tyria!

Its not fine not until you fix the AF build up scale a little better with damage. If that does not happen, Druids are still pigeonholed into NM/BM/Druid Staff Menders.

I am talking bout higher MMR matches here against skilled players/organized teams. So please think over your rebuttal.

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in Ranger

Last Warrior Lord.7248

I’ve been reading all these posted forums about rangers or to be specific druid trait. To be honest the ones crying only made ranger because of druid and cries when it was legitly adjusted. Sotp was an obvious one and shout heal as well. Cele form fix is perfect because it became to forgiving for mistakes with ‘We heal as one’ gaining cele form fast with Regen boon not even counting staffs healing skills. The shortbow was needing some love and we got it. Finally we have a unblockable skill/trait for our pets. Greatsword had some attention. Also, I got to say is if the Cele form and the two shout skills really ohurts your only build you play it seems from what I’ve read; you’ve made the ranger class for the wrong reason. So just leave the class to the vets and stop crying about your HoT influence toon or actually play the ranger class besides playing your bunker pet carrying druid build. This is coming from a 4 year old ranger with no problems with adapting.

Long live Tyria!

Its not fine not until you fix the AF build up scale a little better with damage. If that does not happen, Druids are still pigeonholed into NM/BM/Druid Staff Menders.

I am talking bout higher MMR matches here against skilled players/organized teams. So please think over your rebuttal.

If you know how to play ranger or at all besides meta build like me you will do fine in ‘higher mmr’. Your reply is not productive but trying to rationalize that I’m speaking on low tier terms aka suck. Guess I hit a soft spot on your nerves.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I’ve been reading all these posted forums about rangers or to be specific druid trait. To be honest the ones crying only made ranger because of druid and cries when it was legitly adjusted. Sotp was an obvious one and shout heal as well. Cele form fix is perfect because it became to forgiving for mistakes with ‘We heal as one’ gaining cele form fast with Regen boon not even counting staffs healing skills. The shortbow was needing some love and we got it. Finally we have a unblockable skill/trait for our pets. Greatsword had some attention. Also, I got to say is if the Cele form and the two shout skills really ohurts your only build you play it seems from what I’ve read; you’ve made the ranger class for the wrong reason. So just leave the class to the vets and stop crying about your HoT influence toon or actually play the ranger class besides playing your bunker pet carrying druid build. This is coming from a 4 year old ranger with no problems with adapting.

Long live Tyria!

If you know how to play ranger or at all besides meta build like me you will do fine in ‘higher mmr’. Your reply is not productive but trying to rationalize that I’m speaking on low tier terms aka suck. Guess I hit a soft spot on your nerves.

Are you using that “if you know how to play ranger” at me? are you for real? But seriously, just answer my question. Will ranger be viable in top tier outside NM/BM/Druid Staff menders?

You will not do fine vs Organized teams. AGs? really?

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

The bigger problem that everyone is ignoring is that despite the nerfs/buffs/fixes, we have no viable build outside the NM/BM/Druid Staff Menders meta. Those traitlines are still very much required in top tier pvp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

I think a very good ranger can make other builds work and be viable in high mar, look at miaz video’s playing mm druid for 1 example.
But i have to say that there are other classes that can fill that roll maybe better and get more value out of it.

in Ranger

Last Warrior Lord.7248

Long live Tyria!

Are you using that “if you know how to play ranger” at me? are you for real? But seriously, just answer my question. Will ranger be viable in top tier outside NM/BM/Druid Staff menders?

If you are good, yes.

in Ranger

Eleazar.9478

All this salt = hilarious, last warr said it the best " Cele form and the two shout skills really hurts your only build you play it seems from what I’ve read; you’ve made the ranger class for the wrong reason"

This is a good balance patch for rangers it really is

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Long live Tyria!

If you are good, yes.

Can vouche for this, I was running Marks/Skirm/BM almost every season before last and was having literally 0 issue with PvP games.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I think a very good ranger can make other builds work and be viable in high mar, look at miaz video’s playing mm druid for 1 example.
But i have to say that there are other classes that can fill that roll maybe better and get more value out of it.

Solo q, even in high MMR is not AG or ESLs. Let’s face it, anything can work in solo q.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Long live Tyria!

If you are good, yes.

Can vouche for this, I was running Marks/Skirm/BM almost every season before last and was having literally 0 issue with PvP games.

Of course, its solo q. Anything can work. I am talking about actual tourneys.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Long live Tyria!

If you are good, yes.

Link me a vod on an ESL on a team that won that did not use BM/NM/Druid. Please.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Long live Tyria!

If you are good, yes.

Of course, its solo q. Anything can work. I am talking about actual tourneys.

Seeing as how Eurantian was rocking glassbow ranger and winning in tourney matches back when glass bow was hot garbage, back when LB was just flat out worse than SB, and there were no good traits for it etc. I’m sure it’d work nowadays in tourneys if any team was willing to use a build not found on meta battle.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Last Warrior Lord.7248

Long live Tyria!

If you are good, yes.

Link me a vod on an ESL on a team that won that did not use BM/NM/Druid. Please.

Again you are rationalizing. Those players use meta builds. You keep assisting that BM/NM/Druid is the only stat path to make it. You can make wild/BM/ Skrim work, you can make wild/BM/nm work, you can make BM/wild/druid, you can make bm/mm/druid work, you can make bm/Skrim/druid work and you can even make wild/nm/Skrim work all using smokescale and bristleback using longbow/staff with either greatsword or s/d depending on traits and what works for you. Try playing the class more besides one stat path aka meta.

(edited by Last Warrior Lord.7248)