A request of ranger builds

in Ranger

Posted by: subcarpaticu.7836

subcarpaticu.7836

Hi guys! I really enjoy playing ranger, it was my main class in in GW1 (oh, how I miss my Norn armour..). I loved doing Urgoz’s Warren, which at the time lasted ~3 hours, and later, a few CoF runs as EoE. Or something.

Aaaanyway, I’m looking for some good builds for anything. General PvE, WvW, any kind of PvP, dungeons, etc. And, if you have the patience, I’d love some general advice on how to use it + your experiences with it. I know that rangers are seen as useless by most people, but I know they aren’t. I’ve heard there’s some condi build/builds around.

So, if you have the time, please help a little noob

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Note to the ranger forum, I’m not sure why we don’t have a sticky listing the meta builds for PvE/WvW/PvP. It seems like things like the 30/25/0/15 dungeon running build are listed 4 times a week. We have two build threads but both are old and filled with random inefficient builds.

If a moderator is able to post something like this, it would take just a few minutes. I’d even be willing to collect the builds.

PvE – Brazil’s build
PvP – spirit, trapper, beast master
WvW – debatable, but something like condi bunker, zerg GS, zerg sword/axe, LB glass

in Ranger

subcarpaticu.7836

Is Brazi’s build posted on any build sites (except the video on Youtube)?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

That was me listing builds I thought should go in a sticky rather than being helpful.

http://ru.gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQNBMhf6kRFKZxWBxVF4axAx6xe2/f4MOUi8HKVGPVisJ-z0BBYfC0EEAUBhOzsIasFXFRjVXDT5iIqGA-w

Sorry it’s in russian, I just grabbed the first one I saw on this forum.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

But note with the patch of april 15 some small things might change in the builds. (mostly with the rune/sigil changes)

in Ranger

subcarpaticu.7836

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Note to the ranger forum, I’m not sure why we don’t have a sticky listing the meta builds for PvE/WvW/PvP. It seems like things like the 30/25/0/15 dungeon running build are listed 4 times a week. We have two build threads but both are old and filled with random inefficient build

I just posted a guide I made. Check it out https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Guide-PvE-Meta-Ranger/first#post3868493

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

or… the lack of builds posted is because rangers are not in the meta atm, underpowered, and lacking in many areas… SO, the good rangers don’t want everyone to learn their secrets and get themselves nerfed.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

All the builds I posted are very well known and are mentioned several times a week in response to these threads. Hell, the Anet sponsored tournament between the #1 NA and #1 EU had like 3 rangers in it who all posted their builds on the main site. These things aren’t secrets.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

that’s for a tournament, ie) group play

im talking about solo, roaming, 1v1, etc.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

So you have a super secret build no one else knows about?

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

doesn’t matter if I do, or don’t.

anyways, @OP:
30/25/0/15/0 is standard dps dungeon build

x/x/30/30/x or x/x/30/x/30 are what a lot of ppl use in wvw for roaming (regen ranger)

there are a few different options for group (wvw) support, not too viable however, there are ways that a ranger can provide some good group utility (aoe cripple being one of them)

as for roaming with zerk/power builds, u should probably wait a lil while until u get better at the game, these builds take a bit of skill to play well, and there are some tricks to learn if u wanna get good at it

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

if u have any more questions, pm me in game @ S H A D O W F A L L, ill help u when I have time :]

in Ranger

Posted by: Reclaimermaster.4107

Reclaimermaster.4107

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQNAV8fjEqUwaLL2sQ1agYpQQBq9YSmHTOFoqTl8pIA-z0BB4iCyk0CyZqFRjtaqIasKZCp6ZRWpELAACwutP6m9Beu4N64N64ZmPXmPXmPnUATKNC-w
I use this for WvW the ascended items can be switched to exotic of the same stat and there is probably a better trait distribution than this one but I like what I have.

(Main) Ranger: Natura Lupus 80 (1300 Hrs)
Hours Played: 3000

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

^ I run similar version of the build above, though I run power instead of condi :]

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-F;5FFx-r2kDV-0-3JEkx-g27Fk2RoH8;0T9T;459A4;009B6-k0-Rk019cV19cV50kW0-y6-cYN8h-l0p1vY0_551LWGN3T;9;9;9;9;9;9;0V3-6e

^ Here is my dps-y tank build (not tank-y dps) that many I give to seem to enjoy. It’s nowhere near the zerker meta that dominates right now, but it brings its own special something. While It may not bring very much group support at all, it has been known to be able to solo Subject Alpha and fractal lvl 34 Mai Trin.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: GeoKim.8321

GeoKim.8321

I hardly see anymore rangers after Anet nerfed the heck out of the rangers. Pets slow you down in battle and they die too fast in zerg battles. I love to play ranger but it seems like most guilds don’t want them…. I tried lots of builds from other people advise and tried many different runes as well… No luck so far…. I hope the April 15 patch can make a difference in regards to rangers. (The weakest class so far).

in Ranger

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I run a full Dire condition ranger. It’s at least 4543 dps (at least because I’m probably underestimating my cat’s damage).

in Ranger

Posted by: akallou.9704

akallou.9704

Check the link in my signature..

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQJAVRjMqUwazKuqQ1aAYpAwAbP4kSMdKK90TmxzaA-zkyAoLIEGAVBg+Al/KiGbVtIasqaBZ9Cm2MpeElVSB4n0I-w

My Rampager Ranger.

This kills very fast, and overwhelms people with the two pronged physical/condition assault. Can’t wait till 2 handed weapons get 2 slots. I will probably slot a sigil of corruption in the GS and a sigil of ice in the shortbow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

@Lorelei: why the 6th Rune of Elementalist bonus? Otherwise it looks solid.

My build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMUQNAnYRjMqUua7K+rw1ago9IT9HTsHGyRPyVw/XsSTSA-zUDBoOCiUAY0CIUFAkHRMRFKTiIjtYqIasqaAqkYKWRWHLp+AROAACgMa4oZ0je0SBAx0I-w

Basically it’s a “swordless” trapper ranger

#I no words have"

in Ranger

Posted by: Luigii.5369

Luigii.5369

All the builds I posted are very well known and are mentioned several times a week in response to these threads. Hell, the Anet sponsored tournament between the #1 NA and #1 EU had like 3 rangers in it who all posted their builds on the main site. These things aren’t secrets.

Can you link the builds pls? I knew the spirit build was very good but I don’t know what to use after the spirit build nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Originally I was running a trapper ranger with Fire and Frost traps.

Right now I’m trying out Axe/Dagger as a alternative to shortbow. That would let me leverage the chill duration a bit better.