A strange thing happened...

in Ranger

Posted by: Gourry.3951

Gourry.3951

First of all I want to admit that I’ve been a sort of fair weather ranger. My main was ranger in the beta and head start, but I changed to a thief after our Sb nerf. After playing my thief for a couple of weeks I decided that I liked my ranger too much not to play him just because the class was difficult to play.

I started playing my ranger again, a little PVE here and there but mostly WVW. I was playing day before yesterday running to where our zerg was laying siege to Bluebriar and I decided to make a shortcut through Faithleap as we held it at the time. Upon running down the slope to Faith I saw a swarm of blue bodies headed my way. A couple of the people running with me didn’t notice my warning and they kept on and were promptly slaughtered. Another ranger followed me back up the ramp towards the jumping puzzle cave and we waited for the army to pass.

All of the sudden a warrior spun into sight, defeating the other ranger in seconds. I laid into him with my shortbow with no real hope of victory, I just wanted to make him earn the badge.

I dodged and sidestepped, using 3-5 to keep him at range the best I could. My health was dropping steadily and I knew it was only a matter of time. Then a strange thing happened. The warrior spun past me, I hit him again with my arrows and I downed him. Then I proceeded to stomp him. As I resurrected the other ranger he told me, “That was an awesome fight.”

The thing is, it was awesome. I singlehandedly killed that warrior. Granted he was a great sword warrior. The thing is that I was only level 57 when it happened and my opponent was 80. I’m not posting this for a pat on the back or to make the warrior feel bad, I just thought it was a cool event. As to why I wrote it out like I did instead of just getting to the point, I just thought it would be in better taste then lololol I killed a warrior.

Any other stories similar to this? What do you guys think?

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

Cool story :0

Alot of my early greats involve alot of early planning then leading your quarry into traps, after there downed lit there bodies up with bonfire……to just watch em burn…….

(insert evil laugh here)

Lots of dancing on there deadbodies….. foolishness that wasnt really needed, LOL.

More recently however things are better, Trying out some BM builds an such.

Enjoy your victorys as ranger, as difficult as it is.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

(edited by thrice.9184)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

Cool story happen. my main is a thief and after the dec 14th patch i tried to roll a ranger and then the day come when my jaguar pet stealth killing a bs thief in spvp by himself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Yeah I beat another ranger on WvW the other day with the same weapon set. I felt kinda proud although I knew my build was terrible so I feel kinda bad for him (he wasn’t up leveled).

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Ranger

Posted by: Gourry.3951

Gourry.3951

When I first started I was around level 14 in WVW and the Crag tower in the NE of te map was being taken. So I jumped off the wall and off the cliff to a lower ledge to hide from the attackers. A huge norn followed after me a few seconds later. The norn was kicking my butt until I used by LB knock back and sent him off the cliff. It was the best!

in Ranger

Posted by: Volundarhus.7815

Volundarhus.7815

We were laying siege, all theirs were held up inside the walls all ours were all on the outside. I just placed down a ‘box of fun’ around a corner out of sight, one brave defender decided he was going to do something about our catapults.. I ran at him Super Enlarged and started jumping on him while the team took him down.

The only thing that guy would have been able to see on his screen was the inside of my coat.

It had nothing to do with actual combat, but the poor guy was flattened by a giant. It was pretty hilarious. I think they became demoralized. But who’s to say.

Nothing says siege like a box of fun.

Dragonbrand – Dumaresq
Loch Ness Monster (nnnf)