AF regen question

AF regen question

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

There was a vid here by hepatolith (which I could not find any more for some reason) that only uses TU as his AF regen source (No shouts, Dolyak, Sotw, No Staff) for his LB SW/AXE zerk build

My question is that is TU more than enough if I am talking about a PvP perspective to get AF every 15 seconds?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

AF regen question

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I doubt it, especially now that they lowered the duration to 8 seconds. Maybe he was using Natural Healing as well.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

AF regen question

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

There is also Oakheart Salve if you’re not running the exact meta. WS is severely underrated with barkskin, OS, and prot on dodge roll (with increased endurance regen as well.)

Edit: Actually you’d be running WS anyway if you’re using TU. So ya, he was almost certainly using OS.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

AF regen question

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

There is also Oakheart Salve if you’re not running the exact meta. WS is severely underrated with barkskin, OS, and prot on dodge roll (with increased endurance regen as well.)

Edit: Actually you’d be running WS anyway if you’re using TU. So ya, he was almost certainly using OS.

No offense tho but that trait is purely situational to be even considered and has a CD. That’s why this is leading me to believe that TU is more than enough in WvW that is, I Just don’t know if this applies to pvp.

Ran a few tests but sometimes I have it but sometimes I don’t

AF regen question

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If you’re running TU why wouldn’t you also be running OS? Doesn’t make sense to not have it.

AF regen question

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

If you’re running TU why wouldn’t you also be running OS? Doesn’t make sense to not have it.

Oh you misunderstood me, What i was saying, the trait itself is siuational (bleeds) and has a cd, that’s why would this be really enough to get AF every 15 seconds with TU in PvP?

AF regen question

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

I really have no idea what he was playing and whether he really filled af off cd, but I can tell you troll unguent on its own is not enough. However, having Regen tick 100% of the time is. Likely he has regen some times (at least from the trait in ws, likely boosted by the rune everyone is running in wvw which adds boon duration (and I think even procs regen on getting hit). Another boost to caf regen is the pet heal in beast mastery, tho not enough on its own but potentially enough when coupled just with tu and the Regen trait in ws. It’s all about adding all the parts together.

In pvp, it will most certainly not be enough, at least not when you’re playing Vs good players because you won’t be able to rely on regen to fill caf (too much boon removal)

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

AF regen question

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

No, i can confirm TU isn’t and wasn’t enough to fill up the AF bar. You need another sources which applies regen around like Durability runes or shouts.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!