[@ANet] Any plans for 1h sword?

in Ranger

Posted by: werdernator.6105

werdernator.6105

Hey there!
I’m currently building a melee-ranger (yeah, hate me!!), because i like the feeling and gameplay of the 1hand-sword. It was mentioned here like 1000 times: you can’t dodge while in midjump (while autoattacking). Are there any plans to fix that in the near future? That would make the 1h-sword much more enjoyable..

Github | Werdes

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Actually, you can break the autoattack by binding sheathe weapon.
Just sheathe weapon and dodge.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Um, how about no. As in…

No you should not have to turn off auto attack
No you should not have to sheath the weapon

You should not have to do anything above and beyond what you would do for every other kittening weapon.

Not to mention that sheathing still won’t be of any benefit. Timing is crucial and having to sheath your weapon places a considerable delay on something you need to do “right now” and not later.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Yeah, it’s pretty annoying. Especially if you want to pet swap swiftness stomp someone, and you miss a good part of your swiftness because you’re mid jump and can’t stomp.

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Um, how about no. As in…

No you should not have to turn off auto attack
No you should not have to sheath the weapon

You should not have to do anything above and beyond what you would do for every other kittening weapon.

Not to mention that sheathing still won’t be of any benefit. Timing is crucial and having to sheath your weapon places a considerable delay on something you need to do “right now” and not later.

I understand your frustration, and the suggestion wasn’t meant to magically fix the 1h sword. It’s a work-around. Until they fix it, this is the best we have. If you don’t like it, nothing I can do about that. I’m just saying that as soon as I removed auto-attack on sword 1, my experience with it became so much better.

Again, I’m gonna emphasize that it’s a work-around and not meant to be fix.

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com