@ANet: how to stop embarrassing yourselves?

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

It’s pretty clear by now that you don’t know where the kitten you are going with the druid…

Just remove Astral Focus, keep Celestial Form on a cooldown and call it a day.

PS: I’m done spending money twice a week on your fails.

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: Roy Dreadstorm.2093

Roy Dreadstorm.2093

It’s pretty clear by now that you don’t know where the kitten you are going with the druid…

Just remove Astral Focus, keep Celestial Form on a cooldown and call it a day.

PS: I’m done spending money twice a week on your fails.

i’m so kittenin done too … they could AT LEAST warn us b4 going to nerfs like this

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

What exactly has impacted your playstyle, and in what way? What is difficult now from the day before?

Edit: it is also to my knowledge that anyone within the radius of VG will take some passive damage, giving us the possibility to heal. Im not saying the change is for the better, just seeking knowledge

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

(edited by nacario.9417)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bwadark.2519

Bwadark.2519

Raids are unaffected by the change. It’s the rest of the god kitten game that’s the problem. Druid elite spec is now only viable in content that people will do once or twice a week. Some not at all, on top of that the recent changes have also allowed other healing professions to overtake druid in viability.

People bought gear that to increase survivability and increase healing power to then find out you need to take damage to generate force and the less you heal the more force you can now get.

Let’s think about this when before this. NO RANGER HAD HEALING GEAR.

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.8190

Firelysm.8190

Exactly, 8 sec cooldown amen.. when you enter you have 15 sec to do what you want to do. Designers just don’t know what they are doing… shame.

Before the patch on 20.11.2015 i had hope for druid, it was fun, it had potential, barely in pair with tempest heals, we had to give up so much to generate that AF. But now? We can’t even get ready and rewarded decently…

Lets not even mention that we don’t even get loot if we are going support, while other classes do…

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I think they should hand out a free set of ascended armor and trinkets with each “silly” update.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

I’d bet every gold I have that this change was pvp based.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

So here we are with the 48hr hotfix joke again…

…it’s rather unfortunate it’s not a joke.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I main a ranger. Only getting HoT when they make up their mind what to do with Druid.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

That’s exactly what I was thinking, who’s in charge of these changes? This is such a novice mistake, they must have very low hiring standards, laughable even.

in Ranger

Earix.5684

Gonna quote the beginning of Eirh’s reddit post, it made my day:

So in todays episode of “Throw kitten against the wall, until something sticks” approach to Druid balance we now got…

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Why are people literally asking Anet to make a boring and lazy CAF?

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I hate the idea of making this a fixed cooldown. Please stop suggesting that kitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.8190

Firelysm.8190

I hate the idea of making this a fixed cooldown. Please stop suggesting that kitten.

¸
8 Second cooldown is what you already have, and if we keep 8 sec fixed cooldown it’s what would make this CA form balanced.

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

Well, that’s probably since they’ve amply proven by this time that they can’t make CAF engaging and useful. If I have to pick between “boring and lazy” or “complicated and useless”, I will pick boring and lazy every time.

Please, a static cooldown, or have CAF function as energy. No more of this counter-intuitive “heal to heal” finagling that rewards poor gameplay.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

If they make it a standard cd, then you know they will make it absurdly high. Yhink about it it from a pvp standpoint, do you really think anet wants us to have a full condi clear/stun break on a predictable cd, as some have suggested as low as 8seconds? Common people…careful what you wish for.

(edited by Zatoichi.1049)

in Ranger

Scrimschaw.5784

If they make it a standard cd, then you know they will make it absurdly high. Yhink about it it from a pvp standpoint, do you really think anet wants us to have a full condi clear/stun break on a predictable cd, as some have suggested as low as 8seconds? Common people…careful what you wish for.

Berzerk Mode has a 15s CD untraited, and can take an Adept-tier trait for a stunbreak and 1 condition clear. It can be traited with a competing Adept-tier trait for a 10s CD (and no stunbreak/condition clear). I see no reason why CAF should function differently with regard to traits.

in Ranger

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

This is harsh, I know, but when it comes to Druid development it’s looking like amateur hour. I had some hope it wouldn’t come to this sort of knee-jerk cycle of tweaks and outright nerfs but part of me knew it would, since they didn’t bring out Druid until the very last beta event.

Let’s be honest here, Avatar is not a choice or an engaging mechanic. You need it to heal, you need it for break bars, and most importantly you need it because you need Grace of the Land to help offset the lack of damage you’re doing. Grace of the Land alone is reason enough to use Avatar on cd. Astral Force accomplishes nothing as a mechanic, it’s just a gate to reach another gate.

I agree, if Anet is committed to this iteration of Avatar then just remove force and make it a fixed cooldown. I’d prefer to see a rework to the mechanic entirely; buff staff heals, divorce Grace of the Land from avatar, and make Avatar something you’d want to use tactically in PvE.

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

Berzerk Mode has a 15s CD untraited, and can take an Adept-tier trait for a stunbreak and 1 condition clear. It can be traited with a competing Adept-tier trait for a 10s CD (and no stunbreak/condition clear). I see no reason why CAF should function differently with regard to traits.

1. “Full condi clear.” You should know how much stronger that is compared to 1…i feel silly even needing to write this.
2. We know full well we cannot always compare apples to oranges. Zerker is in so much of a worse state than druid in competative formats.
3. Going zerk mode cant heal an entire team up to full health. They are on completely different levels of both power, and function.

Thes best way to balance af generation is to connect it to healing power. More healing power, more af generation. that way it balances how often you can heal compared to what role you decide to play, from full glass cannon, to full support, and everything in between.

in Ranger

Earix.5684

@Zatoichi: this trait will most likely be nerfed anyway.

in Ranger

Scrimschaw.5784

1. “Full condi clear.” You should know how much stronger that is compared to 1…i feel silly even needing to write this.
2. We know full well we cannot always compare apples to oranges. Zerker is in so much of a worse state than druid in competative formats.
3. Going zerk mode cant heal an entire team up to full health. They are on completely different levels of both power, and function.

Thes best way to balance af generation is to connect it to healing power. More healing power, more af generation. that way it balances how often you can heal compared to what role you decide to play, from full glass cannon, to full support, and everything in between.

Okay, make CAF have only a single condition cleared with that trait. I’m fine with that. By the time I have 13 unique conditions stacked on me, I’m probably already dead, anyway—Rangers don’t have the same health pool as Warriors, nor do they have access to Resistance. If I only have a couple of conditions on me, I can use other condition-cleanses. Again, cool with me.

If you’re talking PvP, sure, Berzerker is in a worse state right now (barring development of any good builds.) Warrior and Thieves as a whole are being left out in PvP. That means Warriors and Thieves should be brought up to match other classes, not that a single class (Druid) is brought low. Since I don’t see other specializations taking the same heat as Druid, even though they can provide full-team healing (aurashare Tempest, Ventari Revenant), utility, AND deal damage at the same time, it’s kind of hard to use that as an excuse for nerfing Druid.

In PvE, Berzkerker is undeniably in a better spot than Druid right now. DPS is always needed in PvE—especially higher-level PvE— while healing is not. Healing is even less needed in groups of good players.

Balancing access to Astral Form around Healing Power reduces the number of viable builds for Druids, promotes over-healing, and encourages bad gameplay (no need to avoid damage). This is not a good method of balancing CAF generation.

(edited by Scrimschaw.5784)

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

Okay, make CAF have only a single condition cleared with that trait. I’m fine with that. By the time I have 13 unique conditions stacked on me, I’m probably already dead, anyway—Rangers don’t have the same health pool as Warriors, nor do they have access to Resistance. If I only have a couple of conditions on me, I can use other condition-cleanses. Again, cool with me.

If you’re talking PvP, sure, Berzerker is in a worse state right now (barring development of any good builds.) Warrior and Thieves as a whole are being left out in PvP. That means Warriors and Thieves should be brought up to match other classes, not that a single class (Druid) is brought low. Since I don’t see other specializations taking the same heat as Druid, even though they can provide full-team healing (aurashare Tempest, Ventari Revenant), utility, AND deal damage at the same time, it’s kind of hard to use that as an excuse for nerfing Druid.

In PvE, Berzkerker is undeniably in a better spot than Druid right now. DPS is always needed in PvE—especially higher-level PvE— while healing is not. Healing is even less needed in groups of good players.

Balancing access to Astral Form around Healing Power reduces the number of viable builds for Druids, promotes over-healing, and encourages bad gameplay (no need to avoid damage). This is not a good method of balancing CAF generation.

Anet, generally, does not balance around pve.

when anet balances and makes traits, i dont believe they, as this community often does, look at what one class has, and then says this class should also have that, for the sake of some sort of symetrical balancing. They look at the clear advantages one class has over others, and how impactful the advantage is in multiple situations, and balance around that.

in Ranger

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

As the existing CAF is boring, lazy, and pointlessly annoying, “boring and lazy” is a pretty massive improvement.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zyrhan.3180

Zyrhan.3180

At this point I feel like they should either put it on a static cooldown or completely change how it works. Heal to unlock better healing is… weird in a game that’s about taking an active role in combat, especially on a base class that doesn’t have amazing healing options. So why not make it function like Shroud and mirror the functionality of the Glyphs?

• AF doesn’t degenerate out of combat.
  • In normal form, AF only generates from attacking, at a good rate, not from healing. If AF must degenerate out of combat, this needs to be at a very good rate.
  • Healing allies in CA form generates AF based on the amount healed, dealing damage does not. Healing allies at full health generates a portion (half?) of the normal AF.

There. DPS druids who drop into CA for the cleanse/daze/grace of the land will be able to get back in there easily but won’t be able to support long. Healing druids need to participate in the fight to get up AF instead of throwing out a bit of regen or running Troll Unguent/SoR, and can stay in there longer to keep allies alive when they need the healing. Healing allies who need it most rewards you with the ability to stay in CA longer so you can spot heal people who are slightly injured later, rewarding good triage tactics. CA/normal druid mirrors the functionality of glyphs, where you’re encouraged to be ‘selfish’ out of CA and ‘selfless’ in CA.

Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.
Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(edited by Zyrhan.3180)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

That’s exactly what I was thinking, who’s in charge of these changes? This is such a novice mistake, they must have very low hiring standards, laughable even.

Probably Roy, surprised he did not tweet about this.

in Ranger

Scrimschaw.5784

Heal to unlock better healing is… weird in a game that’s about taking an active role in combat, especially on a base class that doesn’t have amazing healing options.

Thank you for mentioning this (in my opinion) incredibly important conundrum. Locking the best healing behind mediocre healing is a flawed, counterintuitive gate.