About all the meaningless whining

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

OP is a TROLL, but if someone wants to be a dinamical fighter that moves with agility, I see no problem allowing them. (I want the same, lol
That Legolas guy designed real good. He is awesome, but also realistic.
Real people can do the same. Sometimes more. So you say a fantasy game needs “old fart rangers up in the mountain” with a goat stick? I hope arenanet will catch you and make your characters like this – for fun. G’night, Troll. Nao Moar Fuud tonight. <3

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

The Op is definately a troll RoyalPredator, I may not do as much damage as another member in the group, but what I can do is dodge, and res people twice as fast as any other person can res. I can survive when it comes down to it; the only thing that can truly kill me when I am downed is a group of 10 vets. I may get downed allot, but i am up enough to be sure that I will help the rest of the group Not Fall. It is the ranger’s choice to be glass cannon, or to be a tank, but once the ranger is so breakable it can be 1 hit by a mob, that is when you know they’re not a normal ranger.

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

I agree that the whining is over the top. Just look at the thread titles right now.

I do think it is a legitimate point that the pet functions awkwardly in One-Hit content like gauntlet, world bosses, etc. Which is a design flaw and should be recognized as such. IMO this is probably why we can have 2 pets in the first place.

I am pretty sure though that ANet will never ever want to implement mechanics that heavily reward players for LOSING their pet, which would lead to blatantly dumb shenanigans

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

They need a trait line where the ranger if standing still long enough will start to blend into their environment. Not stealth, but camouflage. Where if you look closely enough you can see them.

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

They need a trait line where the ranger if standing still long enough will start to blend into their environment. Not stealth, but camouflage. Where if you look closely enough you can see them.

Then the class would be pretty close to my Scout and Ranger in Shadowbane. And I’d be happy(er).

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Even if we didn’t have pets, Power would still be subpar on the Ranger like it is most classes who don’t have Stealth or some Obscene Mechanic.

Rangers do have stealth.

What we have is no where near what Stealth Truly is, I have a Thief….I can stay Perma Stealthed all day long, and that’s technically not even that classes mechanic (Steal is)

Stealth is part of thief class mechanic. I’m getting tired of correcting people about this.
Check the website: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/professions/thief/

Stealth has always been thief’s superior expertise. No other class should even come close.

When I view all the professions, they seem to have at least 2 topic’s devoted to there mechanic’s, including ‘Skill Video’s’. When I click the Ranger, it’s lackluster and the only profession without Skill video’s. Anet!…

I like that idea. I wouldn’t mind a trait or skill to where you can go into this kinda ‘half way’ mode of stealth. Not 100% stealthed but almost like a 20% transparent kind of state.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

“Hide in Plain Sight” before february patch

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: tan.9240

tan.9240

Iv’e been around here for a while, and honestly, the whining is starting to kitten me off.
This forum can be split in three pieces; willing, reluctant and unwilling to learn. The wast majority are completely unwilling to learn, or to explore how to play, build and level the profession. Then there is a large group that is reluctant to believe that this profession can ever do anything their “insert different profession here” can’t do better. Finally, we got a minute part of this community, that goes off, explores and tests stuff and become really good at playing this profession.

The main problem you lot face, is that you think this profession is meant to be everything it isn’t. A lot of you whine the DPS, compares it to the warrior. Well HELLOOOO the warrior is the DPS profession in this game. Then the others complain about us not having as good group utility as a guardian, well FACE IT, the guardian was designed to be a great teamplayer.. Then there is all the whining about thieves, well thieves are obviously designed to either screw you over or die trying. That’s actually what they do. Either they kill you, or they run away/die trying.

When will people realize that this profession are not built around the concept of " I R LEGOLAS" and instead realize it is a roaming/survival class. We don’t run around in shiny armor, because we aren’t supposed to be soliders.

Want to know what this profession is? It’s that stubborn old fart living up in the mountains with his trusty sidekick. That’s what it is. Not some shiny knight that went undercover as a adventurer.

Then there is the case about the devs. The devs, although partially to blame, tries as hard as they can to deliver on their promises, and listen to us. yet every single patch, people scream murder, even when they recieve a massive buff. Either you are all pathetic trolls, or too narrowminded to even understand how good a job the devs have done. All i can say is, the devs deserve a round of applause.

Shame on you lot.

/rant off

Agreed, everyone else, well u all got ur views, but looks a lot like a l2p problem lol.

“All is vain”

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

The day our class mechanic isn’t a liability in 2/3rds of the game, the whining will stop. As it is, the only venues pets don’t handicap the player are PvP (capture the node noob mode) and overworld PvE. In WvW, dungeons and world events the pet is a handicap. No other class faces this problem.

Also, posting a wandering wall of blather defending the fail that is the ranger, whilst whining about those who want improvements? Epic troll post – you got two pages. Next time try ranting about ’zerker vs other armour – the trolliness reward will add up faster.

in Ranger

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

That would be awesome. It is quite technically feasible now, just make it so that it appears transparent like when you stealth yourself, but enemies also see you as transparent (so like semi-stealth without dropping target). Anet, make it happen =)

in Ranger

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

When I view all the professions, they seem to have at least 2 topic’s devoted to there mechanic’s, including ‘Skill Video’s’. When I click the Ranger, it’s lackluster and the only profession without Skill video’s. Anet!…

I just checked out the website and it’s like you said, it’s kinda sad really.
But again, my human ranger grew up as a street rat in personal story, ironically befitting the state of the class. /sigh

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

But again, my human ranger grew up as a street rat in personal story, ironically befitting the state of the class. /sigh

I distinctly remember a Barrage and Hunter’s Call video though….

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

What does it say about the state of the ranger that I hope this sudden lack of skill footage is the first step in a complete class redesign? Maybe into a medium armoured skirmisher with traps, preparations, spirits, and summonable animal companions, instead of the mess we have now?

A man can dream…

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

What does it say about the state of the ranger that I hope this sudden lack of skill footage is the first step in a complete class redesign? Maybe into a medium armoured skirmisher with traps, preparations, spirits, and summonable animal companions, instead of the mess we have now?

A man can dream…

Don’t read much into it. More than likely just an oversight.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

The main problem you lot face, is that you think this profession is meant to be everything it isn’t. A lot of you whine the DPS, compares it to the warrior. Well HELLOOOO the warrior is the DPS profession in this game. Then the others complain about us not having as good group utility as a guardian, well FACE IT, the guardian was designed to be a great teamplayer.. Then there is all the whining about thieves, well thieves are obviously designed to either screw you over or die trying. That’s actually what they do. Either they kill you, or they run away/die trying.

Agreed, everyone else, well u all got ur views, but looks a lot like a l2p problem lol.

Did you just not read the responses to that? Every point the OP made has been refuted. It isn’t a learn to play issue, it’s a series of problems with both the design nd implementation of the ranger profession in this game. Pets are violations of everything that ArenaNet claimed to be building this game around. Plus, many people want to be a ranger archetype, but don’t want a pet. Go ahead, tell Guild Wars 1 rangers that we wasted our time and money.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

“Ranger isn’t meant for [Insert role here]!” Is a poor excuse for developer incompetence.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Protip: Whining about whining is still whining.