Account wide tames?

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Natfrog.4310

Natfrog.4310

I made my second Ranger and to my suprise I have to re-tame all the creatures. I remember in GW1 we got a whole area just for Ranger pets so we didn’t have this issue. I was wondering if maybe there was any plans for something like this in our HOME location. As a Ranger main, I’d love to see this happen and with the new mount system every character could have a use for this as well.
My idea is to simply make pets/mounts roam our home instance and give the imersion of them being real and a part of us.
2 birds with one stone so to speak. Once you tame them once there is no real game play reason why I shouldn’t have them to use on all my characters.
I’d love to know the communities thoughts on this.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I also don’t find that locking ppl away from pets on their 2nd ranger is a smart thing to do. It’s just a waste of time.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

They better unlock all pets on the elite spec beta.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

All pets are unlocked in PvP by default. I imagine WvW would be like current beta where you get all the ones currently in the game but not the new ones.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

Pets and Teria is almost completely unexplored again. That at least should have all waypoints discovered.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

What pets? I haven’t found a single one yet.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I made my second Ranger and to my suprise I have to re-tame all the creatures. I remember in GW1 we got a whole area just for Ranger pets so we didn’t have this issue. I was wondering if maybe there was any plans for something like this in our HOME location. As a Ranger main, I’d love to see this happen and with the new mount system every character could have a use for this as well.
My idea is to simply make pets/mounts roam our home instance and give the imersion of them being real and a part of us.
2 birds with one stone so to speak. Once you tame them once there is no real game play reason why I shouldn’t have them to use on all my characters.

Pets in GW1 were pretty generic, there was not a lot of difference between them, mostly it was the skin being the only difference. Only one pet had an actual skill. The evolution was player controlled, but that’s it, even then the difference in survivability and damage was not huge. Except for the Racing Beetle which attacked a fair bit faster.

The Zaishen Menagerie was a cool idea and I really liked being able to get whatever pet I wanted whenever, also death levelled a ton of different pets there. It’s a good idea to simply have the pets in the home instance, I’d really like to see that too, purely from an aesthetic standpoint and sort of a throwback to the Zaishen Menagerie. But only tameable core pets if the character that opens the instance is under level 80.

I also don’t find that locking ppl away from pets on their 2nd ranger is a smart thing to do. It’s just a waste of time.

If you are levelling a ranger from scratch, then having access to a Tiger, Smokescale, Bristleback, Sand Lion or the other PoF pets from level 1 is likely to trivialise it all completely, but upon reaching level 80, unlocking the pets would be fine.

Pets and Teria is almost completely unexplored again. That at least should have all waypoints discovered.

This trivialises exploration too much, since 100% completion is required for the 1st Legendary weapons. It hardly takes any time to run across any map anyway, at least this game has waypoints.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Natfrog.4310

Natfrog.4310

Pets in GW1 were pretty generic, there was not a lot of difference between them, mostly it was the skin being the only difference. Only one pet had an actual skill. The evolution was player controlled, but that’s it, even then the difference in survivability and damage was not huge. Except for the Racing Beetle which attacked a fair bit faster.

The Zaishen Menagerie was a cool idea and I really liked being able to get whatever pet I wanted whenever, also death levelled a ton of different pets there. It’s a good idea to simply have the pets in the home instance, I’d really like to see that too, purely from an aesthetic standpoint and sort of a throwback to the Zaishen Menagerie. But only tameable core pets if the character that opens the instance is under level 80.

If you are levelling a ranger from scratch, then having access to a Tiger, Smokescale, Bristleback, Sand Lion or the other PoF pets from level 1 is likely to trivialise it all completely, but upon reaching level 80, unlocking the pets would be fine.

This trivialises exploration too much, since 100% completion is required for the 1st Legendary weapons. It hardly takes any time to run across any map anyway, at least this game has waypoints.

You are entitle to your opinion but I cannot figure out what your point is about the level of the pets? Pets are always the players level. Remeber we get down leveled in GW2 when we go to diffrent leveled areas.
Also I’d like to point out all we are asking for is that they be account wide so the player would still have to find them and unlock them the first time. Adding them to the home instance would solve this with very little coding. This would allow a new character on your account to easily unlock the pets instead of wasting the players time running multiple characters to known locations of pets. Obviously this would also allow a player who joins said instance to see them. I kinda see it as attunments for the ele. Eles don’t need to go around collecting attunements they are unlocked at certain levels. Why hinder a build in the first place?

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You are entitle to your opinion but I cannot figure out what your point is about the level of the pets? Pets are always the players level. Remeber we get down leveled in GW2 when we go to diffrent leveled areas.
Also I’d like to point out all we are asking for is that they be account wide so the player would still have to find them and unlock them the first time. Adding them to the home instance would solve this with very little coding. This would allow a new character on your account to easily unlock the pets instead of wasting the players time running multiple characters to known locations of pets. Obviously this would also allow a player who joins said instance to see them. I kinda see it as attunments for the ele. Eles don’t need to go around collecting attunements they are unlocked at certain levels. Why hinder a build in the first place?

I didn’t actually mention pet level except for death levelling in GW1 and that having access to a HoT or PoF pet when your Ranger is level one is likely to trivialize that early content, since they are so much more powerful than the core pets, which is why I don’t think they’ll go for this.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I would actually welcome account wide pets after taming. Would give some nice QoL.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Account wide tames?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mrs Qurly.9372

Mrs Qurly.9372

I feel your pain. Since my post a few months ago, I’ve got roughly half the pets (I don’t PvE much so it’s slow going):

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Pets-with-new-ranger/first#post6596749