Add sword 1 attack tracking please

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Add sword 1 attack tracking please.

Thank you for reading this!

Edit- maybe make 1st attack tracking like hearseeker and make the 2 and 3 a right then left X cut. Would function and look better. Considering how mediocre our damage is, at least we could get better functionality with the sword.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Why? 12 char ~~~~~~~~~~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

I have to admit that i must be one of the few who advocated against the changes made to Sword #1, mainly because i got so accustomed to it that cancelling the skill chain to Dodge was no problem for me (mainly using the two other skills on the weapon that are specifically designed to do just that – dodge), and because the Pounce part of the chain was a gap-closer and it made sticking to escaping enemies much easier.

However, I am no fool and do understand that Only a minority of the ranger player base had such an easy time dealing with the rooting that came with Sword, and it would be unrealistic and unreasonable to expect ANet to revert the changes to sword (although if they could roll back the animations to what they were before it would be really nice because i love how it was literally a dance while fighting, kinda like Water Dancing from Game of Thrones, it brought a poetic dimension to fighting, now it’s just “swing, swing, swing my sword again” – Colin Johanson)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I have to admit that i must be one of the few who advocated against the changes made to Sword #1, mainly because i got so accustomed to it that cancelling the skill chain to Dodge was no problem for me (mainly using the two other skills on the weapon that are specifically designed to do just that – dodge), and because the Pounce part of the chain was a gap-closer and it made sticking to escaping enemies much easier.

However, I am no fool and do understand that Only a minority of the ranger player base had such an easy time dealing with the rooting that came with Sword, and it would be unrealistic and unreasonable to expect ANet to revert the changes to sword (although if they could roll back the animations to what they were before it would be really nice because i love how it was literally a dance while fighting, kinda like Water Dancing from Game of Thrones, it brought a poetic dimension to fighting, now it’s just “swing, swing, swing my sword again” – Colin Johanson)

I agree and I think they could if anet wanted too. They could make some sort of another type of sword. Call it what you like, old sword, dancing sword, pvp sword whatever but it uses the old style instead of the new one..
That way players can choose which one they want to use as both would be available

That would be cool.

in Ranger

Posted by: Doughnuthole.2403

Doughnuthole.2403

I will be very happy if I can choose to use the old sword #1. But sadly Anet just slap the new boring auto attack in your face, and tell whoever that don’t like the change to deal with it.

When the change came out, it seems like almost everyone have burst down in the tear of joy and shiver in the excitement as if witnessed a miracle. Players on the forum and Reddit, be it Ranger or not, were all chanting, “Our prayers have finally been answered!” “Praise Anet! PRAISE ANET!”. Although there were some others opinions appeared, they were either ignored or downvoted into eternal hell. On this glorious day, no heresy would be allowed.

And then, there was silence. Nothing changed. Life went on like the very day didn’t even exist. You would think that it must life changing if every single one around you acted like the god have descended. Yet a drama is just, well, a drama.

Months go by, only few people, like OP, remembers what the most unique auto attack in GW2 feels like. But alas, what we’ve lost will be lost forever. The Guild Wars 2 would end long before the sword #1 redeem its former self.

Fortunately this is only a computer game. Not to play will always be an option.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I will be very happy if I can choose to use the old sword #1. But sadly Anet just slap the new boring auto attack in your face, and tell whoever that don’t like the change to deal with it.

When the change came out, it seems like almost everyone have burst down in the tear of joy and shiver in the excitement as if witnessed a miracle. Players on the forum and Reddit, be it Ranger or not, were all chanting, “Our prayers have finally been answered!” “Praise Anet! PRAISE ANET!”. Although there were some others opinions appeared, they were either ignored or downvoted into eternal hell. On this glorious day, no heresy would be allowed.

And then, there was silence. Nothing changed. Life went on like the very day didn’t even exist. You would think that it must life changing if every single one around you acted like the god have descended. Yet a drama is just, well, a drama.

Months go by, only few people, like OP, remembers what the most unique auto attack in GW2 feels like. But alas, what we’ve lost will be lost forever. The Guild Wars 2 would end long before the sword #1 redeem its former self.

Fortunately this is only a computer game. Not to play will always be an option.

Hey, imagine how I felt, I just got back into the game about 2weeks ago to find my sword had changed >:

in Ranger

Posted by: Doughnuthole.2403

Doughnuthole.2403

Hey, imagine how I felt, I just got back into the game about 2 weeks ago to find my sword had changed >:

I know your pain buddy. Get back to your favorite game only to find out that nothing is the same. Happened to me once at Ragnarok online.

Me and my guildmate ditched ranger sword since the change applied. I was forced to change my build, but nothing can give me the same feeling of good old sword #1.
There’s nothing we can do about it. You can either adapt or find other ways.

The most funny thing is that sword #1 dps become lower because of the new (awful) animation. How ironic.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I guess if Anet wanted to, they could add the old sword behavior back as an option, so players could choose which version they want.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Maybe get mainhand dagger, and give it the “leap off of a cliff randomly and never be able to dodge” functionality.

Sword is finally fixed, and I’m one of the ones who actually appreciate it. (Given I was one of the ones in Beta reporting the bug with sword.)

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Heartseeker never had tracking issues, so the devs can do it.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

I still hate the new sword attack animations. I never had much of a problem with the old ones. The new look honestly makes me not even want to play my ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I still think the change to sword was an improvement by far.
… But of course they couldn’t just avoid nerfing us in the process. That’s what I hated.

Hundreds of player complained about it. We got what we asked for and a lot of players are thankful for that. I haven’t seen many of you to go against the proposal when forums were flooded with demanding this sword change.

“Observe, learn and counter.”