Address of state of Ranger to Anet

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Do it! Just do it! Don’t let the Ranger remain a forgotten class. For years you’ve said tomorrow, just DO IT! Make Ranger a truly viable class! Just DO it! Some Rangers dream of being an actual good class, while you’re gonna realize and work hard at it! Nothing is impossible! We should be at the point of being good, and you’re not gonna stop there. No, what are you waiting for?! DO IT! JUST… DO IT! Yes you can! Just do it! If you want Ranger to be a desired class… Stop. Giving. Up.

Attachments:

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

JUST, DO IT!

XD come on Anet, you can’t say no to Shia LaBeouf

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

this made me LoL

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I kinda like the shirt too :P

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

rangers are in a pretty good shape right now. we need our offhands back, WH and OH axe reworked, and a few GM’s revamped. otherwise, looking great.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

Can someone seriously photoshop Shia at the WTS or GW2 press event with a ranger shirt?

in Ranger

DoogySnowStalker.2069

We got a bunch of polished traits, but even so nothing has changed for us at the moment. We gained access to a very strong burst potential with our new traits as well as improved survivalbitlity; our pet’s stats have been raised to accommodate the stat reworks due to the specialization trees not giving stats anymore (improved stats if we spec into BeastMastery as well, although the bonus 150 stats for reaching level 80 is bugged for the pets at the moment); and skills were reworked to help synergize more with our newly reworked traits. Although, we still don’t have any dedicate role where ever we are situated in.

For every role we can try to act as, another class can do the same but always better.

PVP, we are good at 1v1 fights, but lack in organized team play that another class can offer both. We can build for a more team oriented build, although other classes such as Guardian and Warrior can perform that role even better since they don’t need to sacrifice as much utilities as us. For dedicated skirmishing, another class can do just the same but better mobility like Thief or Mesmer.

WVW, same case, we are good at skirmishing with 1v1 fights, although lack a role in organised zerg fighting. We can either backline it with longbow and offer aoe pressure or decide to frontline with an evasive build involving greatsword and/or sword/X; although, an Elementalist can offer an even greater aoe pressure than we can wish for and Guardians and Warriors can offer more to a frontliner with better group utilities than us.

PVE, we offer two unique damage bonuses with group fury, however that is all we can really offer. Fury uptime agmonst a group is no problem now with how much fury access some classes have gained, both personal and group, so other classes can offer fury to self and group. Our unique group bonuses we offer do add to a group, but still shy in comparison to others; Warrior banners are vastly superior in comparison. We can offer a fire field to help stack might, although fire fields can be also managed more properly through an Elementalist an a Guardian somewhat. Also with every Warrior practically all running EA/PS, might isn’t an issue what so ever agmonst a group. With Remorseless and Quick Draw, we have a good access to vulnerbility, but Engis’ can easily supply full vulnerbility uptime by themselves. Not to mention every class has their own access to vulnerbility so usually the role of someone to stack vulnerbility isn’t truly needed.

As it is, we don’t fit anywhere because any role that we fit in, another class can easily out perform us in said role. We can say we are in a better place now as it is, but in all honesty, nothing has changed. In the end, we were just given a shoe shine…

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I kinda like the shirt too :P

I recently won the Necromancer one, but I saw that there are for other professions too, so I share

Not exactly that, but you could contact one ot the authors, possibly.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dekai/works/12234722-ranger-guild-wars-2?p=t-shirt&ref=work_carousel_work_portfolio_1

http://www.redbubble.com/people/guydude1337/works/14754810-guild-wars-2-ranger?p=t-shirt

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Pet stats HAVE NOT been raised. Currently they are bugged and you only get 150 of each if you take the BM line!!!

in Ranger

DoogySnowStalker.2069

I did include that fact in what I typed, just look in the parenthese in the first paragraph :o

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

We need the Robert Gee treatment. A dev that cares.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Wants T-shirt and yes Update the Pets i don;t even think they got Ascended stats way back ether.

anet
1. give us a way to Ascend our pets
2. Give us our 150 stat boost.

in Ranger

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Disagree, I think Kui Calmon-Huang did pretty well.
We got more good changes than bad ones. Obviously Ranger requires a bit some more work, but it’s going in right direction.

in Ranger

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Lol that pic. Who is Kui something? I thought mr fail i dont give a kitten Roy is a dev of ranger?

obey me

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

doesnt beat this guy LoL.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

They are not neglecting the Ranger. The Call of the Wild bug was addressed instantly, while Guards and Engies run rampant.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

We got more good changes than bad ones. Obviously Ranger requires a bit some more work, but it’s going in right direction.

You know, thinking that Kui did a fairly good job while still wanting the Gee treatment doesn’t have to conflict with eachother, right? I like most of the changes they did.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lomopop.7028

Lomopop.7028

Agree. I think the changes have added more depth to playing a Ranger. Quick draw and remorseless make combat more interesting, and the beast mastery traits gave our pets some excellent utility. I’d be happy to see more from Kui in the future.

in Ranger

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Lol that pic. Who is Kui something? I thought mr fail i dont give a kitten Roy is a dev of ranger?

in Ranger

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Agree. I think the changes have added more depth to playing a Ranger. Quick draw and remorseless make combat more interesting, and the beast mastery traits gave our pets some excellent utility. I’d be happy to see more from Kui in the future.

I don’t understand how teaching a player to properly weapon swap adds depth to Ranger… Quick Draw, yes is a very good trait, allowing us to learn more burst potential with weapon combos and skill-chains; although, it seems to carry the same lesson of learning how to weapon swap. Remorseless is a very nice access to burst damage with the Ranger, but in turn we lose another damage multiplier possibly decreasing our overall DPS. With having Hunter’s Tactics changed from 10% damage increase while flanking to 10% crit chance, so in total a maximum of 20% damage modifiers we’ve lost due to the specialization update.

I do find it awesome that we can actually access our Beast Mastery traitline without having to heavily invest into it, this I will agree adds more depth to Ranger since it actually utilizes our pets for more reason that simply being there and giving us some good utilities in the scenes where they be PVP, WVW, or PVE. Makes it more challenging while fighting a Ranger since you also have to be more aware about the pet rather than simply kiting it, but does that pet utility really benefit us in PVE? The pet utility is nice since it encourages Rangers to properly manage their pets rather than letting the pet die and swapping pets, but how much does our pet lose out on it for utilizing these utilities? This can very much vary on whether build a Ranger may be running, however let’s base this off of the metabuild to use as an example since it is believed to be the best damage output for Ranger. Our pet received a couple of damage multipliers, however how much does the pet damage benefit from this without a reliable source of might? Ranger DPS is split 70:30, and without a reliable might generation for the pet without Fortifying Bond and only reliable access being Strength of the Pack, how much is our pet DPS compared to before? Since our rotation involves more weapon swapping than sustain from sword helping grant might on auto with the old Companion’s Might we used to use, how much might is being supplied to the pet to help improve its damage? Since we utilize our new access to pet utility alot more to improve our personal DPS, it constantly resets our pets boons on swap. At most, they’ll receive 4 stacks of might with 15 seconds of fury on pet swap, but that still isn’t enough to compare to the boon management on the pet before. Without the might being supplied to the pet to improve its damage from before, how much is our overall DPS suffering due to the loss of pet damage? If we still had access to Fortifying bond through Beasty Mastery instead of Nature Magic, we might of have on par DPS with other classes, but sadly that isn’t the case; while we received alot of useful utilities, other classes have been given alot of damage modifiers in return.

That’s why I said before we can really believe we are in a better spot than before, or are we still in the same spot or even a worse one?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lomopop.7028

Lomopop.7028

I don’t understand how teaching a player to properly weapon swap adds depth to Ranger… Quick Draw, yes is a very good trait, allowing us to learn more burst potential with weapon combos and skill-chains; although, it seems to carry the same lesson of learning how to weapon swap. Remorseless is a very nice access to burst damage with the Ranger, but in turn we lose another damage multiplier possibly decreasing our overall DPS. With having Hunter’s Tactics changed from 10% damage increase while flanking to 10% crit chance, so in total a maximum of 20% damage modifiers we’ve lost due to the specialization update.

It adds more depth in the decision-making process. This is mostly the case with Quick Draw and the added utility of pets by traiting into BM. You can cancel cast F2 for a quick blind, but that locks you out of your full F2 CC for a few seconds, if you have Moment of Clarity traited you can double stun, etc. As you pointed out, it gives us a wider variety of skill chains which, for me, adds depth to the class.

As you also pointed out, we’ve lost some damage modifiers and I agree that this is a problem for us. However, the devs can buff weak weapons fairly easily. If instead of Quick Draw, Remorseless, etc., we got the old damage modifiers for traits, our class would have less depth and any fixes would take considerably more effort from the devs making it less likely to happen. That’s why I think these changes are a step in the right direction and I’m happy with them for the moment.

I think you’re right to be concerned about some of the things we’ve lost, and in the end, we’ve probably stayed pretty much the same. What we’ve gained, I think, is more interesting game play that is easier to buff if needed.

in Ranger

DoogySnowStalker.2069

It adds more depth in the decision-making process. This is mostly the case with Quick Draw and the added utility of pets by traiting into BM. You can cancel cast F2 for a quick blind, but that locks you out of your full F2 CC for a few seconds, if you have Moment of Clarity traited you can double stun, etc. As you pointed out, it gives us a wider variety of skill chains which, for me, adds depth to the class.

As you also pointed out, we’ve lost some damage modifiers and I agree that this is a problem for us. However, the devs can buff weak weapons fairly easily. If instead of Quick Draw, Remorseless, etc., we got the old damage modifiers for traits, our class would have less depth and any fixes would take considerably more effort from the devs making it less likely to happen. That’s why I think these changes are a step in the right direction and I’m happy with them for the moment.

I think you’re right to be concerned about some of the things we’ve lost, and in the end, we’ve probably stayed pretty much the same. What we’ve gained, I think, is more interesting game play that is easier to buff if needed.

I just don’t understand why they have to balance the good and bad changes to where we remain practically the same. Why not give us an overhaul to allow us to compete with the other classes, similar how they did to Mesmer? Before, Mesmers were pretty powerful in PVP with their high burst potentianl, used in WVW for their portal tactics, and honestly only for the extra reflects and Time Warp in PVE. Now with the access to an insta cast daze, setting up kills in PVP is easier than before; very powerful in WVW with their daze field on staff and slow on Time Warp, being able to turn the tide of a zerg fight pretty easily now; and have received a major buff in PVE, escalating them to one of the Meta classes when they were previously one of the lower end of the DPS rankings. When I see this evidence of major class buffs, all I can ask is why didn’t we get an overhaul similar like this instead of changes that balance our good and bad changes to keep us the same? We aren’t in a good spot, so keeping us in the same spot, I just do not see the justification for it. We got a bunch of polished traits and access to pet utility, but we still lack something that justifies us being brought along for whatever we decide to play in.

(edited by DoogySnowStalker.2069)

in Ranger

Posted by: MrBunny.8750

MrBunny.8750

Lol, that Shia Lebouf, +1

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

first of all Ranger are better now then before but from my point of view ppl want Ranger to be buffed since all the other classes got buffed aswell which I can understand since some of the other classes has had their dmg increased bu ridiciolus amounts and rangers gor their increased by a slight amount what I cant understand is that no one seems to mind what they did to opening strike

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

All I see is one big sentence.