Advice requested: Ranger vs Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuukice.2651

Yuukice.2651

Hi all, Day 1 Ranger here <333. Im an avid spvp and wvw’er and am running a BM/regen ranger as my roamer.

So recently I’ve noticed a particularly difficult class for myself to beat lately, Engineer. As it stands, I can defeat almost every class, even engineer, however there is a certain type of engineer build i’ve been having trouble with.

They use the healing turret thing as their main heals, i can see they use the tool set for confusion etc. I started playing engineer to understand this combination and unless i’m doing something wrong, it doesnt seem that threatening ;o. Anyone else having this difficulty and how do you deal with it to come out as victor? Share your experience.

Attachments:

Ruin Guild: lvl 80 THF/MES/RNG/WAR/ENG – main character: Yuukice ^.~

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

The only engi build that should give you an issue as a BM/Regen build is an HGH Engi with grenades.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

you would have more luck posting this in the engi forum…

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Really? I don’t find engineers very hard, up until the recent engi superpatch they were the easiest class for me, next to warriors. Now I’d say they’re about on par with most other classes. The classes I have the toughest time with are mesmers and eles. Condimancers are the worst for my trapper build, but I don’t seem to come across many of those (condition damage necros with condition transfer and epidemic, they basically use your traps against you).

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

I too would like to know that, i always lose vs engis now.
Ofcourse i have no knowledge of the class, so i too would like some thoughts as to why and how i’m getting blown up to pieces, and how can i avoid it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Only engineer I’ve lost to was an hgh engi, his condition dmg was well over 2200, but normally they are a non-issue, the regen/heals just could not keep up with the damage.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’d also like to know the secret to beating condition based engis (which is most of them), espicially after yesterday when dueling an engineer on my server wiped out everyone who dueled him in a maximum on 30 seconds, bunkers included. Was madness really.

I used to see engineers as a bad joke when I ran my berserker / knight build, they were easy, but as a bunker regen now they proove a serious problem.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Idk, honestly I dueled my guildy about 10x there was no way around it, he’d stack that might and his condition dmg would go through the roof, heals and regen just aren’t enough to counter it.

He wasn’t nade build but flamethrower and p/p

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Idk, honestly I dueled my guildy about 10x there was no way around it, he’d stack that might and his condition dmg would go through the roof, heals and regen just aren’t enough to counter it.

He wasn’t nade build but flamethrower and p/p

Heh now I want to duel this guy. I have a feeling I’ve ran into him a few times in WvW too.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I fought a P/P Nade HGH engi few weeks back. After 5-6 mins he finally got me with his elite Daze then i got imobolized and killed because i was low. I switched my traits for 2nd and 3rd fight and won them. Used Healing Spring, mighty swap, and Empathic Bond.

You can also use food reduction which i wasnt and/or Melandru runes.

If they dont run nades they really dont have enough condis to overwhelm you if you play well but nades are nasty.

You can always play a mesmer and win everytime too :p.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuukice.2651

Yuukice.2651

Confirmed, it was a Grenade Engineer – I may have to trait into Empa bond as I really want to find a way to counter this build xD. He utilized both the grenade kit and tool kit, that is a very dangerous combo, long range and close range ;o

Ruin Guild: lvl 80 THF/MES/RNG/WAR/ENG – main character: Yuukice ^.~