Almost 50% less pet hp in wvw/spvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Pets have almost 50% less hp in wvw/spvp, kitten?

Thanks anet.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Ranger

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Pets have almost 50% less hp in wvw/spvp, kitten?

Thanks anet.

Smartly done by Anet.

Bravo Anet.

It’s totally necessary for sPvP … no reasonable person can argue that.

And it would solve NOTHING in the mindless WvW zerg fighting (where a 30% or so pet immunity to AoE damage is what is needed). And for skilled WvW soloers and small group roamers, just as in sPvP, the extra health would be inappropriate.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dorian Teal.1203

Dorian Teal.1203

I would guess this is due to previous Pve buffs.

in Ranger

Posted by: keelaunaw.3285

keelaunaw.3285

so its ok in spvp to jack up pet health in spvp but not to leave it any other time, or even bump up the health of the player to compensate for that in wvw? thats bogus.

and anyone who wvw’s would find that very reasonable. tired of rangers getting ganked by anet.

Never got bored with an MMO faster than GW2. Took 4mos.

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Stow the pet in combat to have a nice damage buff, OH WAIT¡¡¡

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Really that you guys only knew it now?
In the update where minions got 71% HP buff, it was only in PvE. Not in WvW and PvP

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

In the update where missions got 71% HP buff, it was only in PvE. Not in WvW and PvP

LOL yup this is it… its not that they have less in wvw/spvp, its just that they didnt get buffed like in pve.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

In the update where missions got 71% HP buff, it was only in PvE. Not in WvW and PvP

LOL yup this is it… its not that they have less in wvw/spvp, its just that they didnt get buffed like in pve.

This^^

And it’s just obvious now that they added the numerical HP value to the pet’s HP bar.

But I sure do wish ol’ fluffy had the pve HP boost in WvW. It might help compensate “a little” for the fail kitten F2 skills, not being able to stow fluffy while in combat, or the lack of F key functionality for stowing and passive/aggressive toggle. Heaven forbid any of that stuff gets added or fixed.

Moonlight [THRU]

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

At this point I think it’s time for the pet to give the Ranger a spirit and so long as you have that pet selected, the Ranger can press F2 and IT casts whatever the hell move the pet had.

It can then have a spirit wolf spawn next to the Ranger that howls.
It can then have a spirit owl flutter around like a moron for 4 seconds before hitting someone twice for 1.5k.
It can then stealth the Ranger for 6 seconds while we can shoot without it breaking stealth with 100% chance to crit thanks to remorseless! wait…

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

It can then stealth the Ranger for 6 seconds while we can shoot without it breaking stealth with 100% chance to crit thanks to remorseless! wait…

sounds like a neat feature. Lets see if Anet agrees

*goes off to PM a dev

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

I’m happy that the pet health is different in WvW/PvP and PvE, thats fine. What bugs me is that when you spec fully into the Pet Attribute tree for 30 pet trait points, 300 to power, vitality, toughness and precision, you only get 1650 health, rather than the expected 3000. That seems unfair to me, and I hope that this is the only stat it affects. Sure it is though

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

It shows that Anet cannot balance this class for kitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

It shows that Anet cannot balance this class for kitten.

they will delete ranger class in the next big patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Funny part is , no one apart from rangers would even notice the hp buff in wvw.
Rarely anyone bothers to focus the pet down. Why bother when they melt to the random aoes/cleave damage anyways.

they will delete ranger class in the next big patch.

Finally a bug free ranger

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

I’d love to see what fights would be like if when I fought a warrior for example, I could single out and break their arm and for 40-60 seconds(depending on how they were forced to invest traits to compensate) make them suffer a 25%-40% damage debuff and all f1-f4 utilities disabled for that time. To make it more fun, their arms (or legs) could have a different hp from their character’s body and be unable to evade AoE and attacks when their body evades.

No, even better.. that same warrior arm could be under the control of a terribly incompetent AI and attack on its own at mostly uncontrollable intervals that disable 3-4 attacks from being used in unison with stuns properly. To avoid making it OP, the attacks of the independent AI operated arm can only land when the warrior and his target are standing still, and the arm would automatically script to attack from the maximum range possible.

Then, to compensate for the difficulties that could(No way!) arise from that, make the warriors have full control over their f2. But their arm can randomly change directions in respect to the target if they move causing many misfires if used at any other than the perfect timing, and give that f2 a 1.5-4 second cast time in addition to the arm f2 ability occasionally going into a 5-10 second cool down period upon skill cancels which frequently occur as a result of the AI clashing with the commands the player sends to their arm.

And suddenly, balance!

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

(edited by Detharos.3157)