Am I the only one happy with Rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

All I ever see are people QQing about being a ranger or dismissing a ranger as worthless, and yet I’ve been playing one since launch and have never really had a problem. I do pretty well in almost every circumstance, PvE, PvP, WvW, and the only class I can’t handle is fighting guardians.

Am I wrong for thinking a lot of the complaining is baseless? =/ I feel like I’m the only one who knows how to play the class sometimes….

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ignorent is bliss.
If you ever play a warrior in dgn, you’ll notice how bad ranger was in terms of dps.
Now post pet nerf is even worse.

Baseless complaint?
The fact that you give no example but your personal feeling shows how clueless and baseless you are.
Did you even read the patch note on all the serious nerfs?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Im happy too
Exept from Pets there wasnt any other nerf…

in Ranger

KyoHanakaze.8145

Ignorent is bliss.
If you ever play a warrior in dgn, you’ll notice how bad ranger was in terms of dps.

Baseless complaint?
The fact that you give no example but your personal feeling shows how clueless and baseless you are.

“Serious nerfs?”

First of all, SB NEVER, EVER should have had the same range as LB. This is logical. I’m surprised it took them THIS LONG to nerf it. Secondly, a lot of the skills got a damage buff. Third, the only real nerfs rangers got this patch was in the pet damage. So, man, I dunno.

Iverna//Ranger

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Ignorent is bliss.

Baseless complaint?

“Serious nerfs?”

First of all, SB NEVER, EVER should have had the same range as LB. This is logical. I’m surprised it took them THIS LONG to nerf it. Secondly, a lot of the skills got a damage buff. Third, the only real nerfs rangers got this patch was in the pet damage. So, man, I dunno.

Damage buff on 3 4 5 LMO?
You call that damage buff?

Range base on relativity of the bow?
That’s what I called baseless.
Do you see a trait that buff sb range by 300? Nope.
Beside why should a “bow” hit as short as an axe?
Theif’s sb is base on ranger’s axe, so what is ranger’s sb base on to deserve the nerf?

Did you see pet nerf on our ONLY dps pet(cats) and ONLY aoe pets? (drakes)

They nerf ranger base on what? SPVP!
But they do not bother to split it into 2 versions.
So PVE and WVW ranger got even more pathetic damage and chasing capability.

My opinion is base on my experience of playing ALL CLASSES to 80.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I wouldn’t say that people make baseless complaints, but I do feel they blow things out of proportion, or don’t understand the concept of balance around high skill competition.

The longbow and shortbow should have never operated so similarly, and the damage should have always had its highest focus coming from the player (I’m talking like 90% player, 10% pet).

I personally think that when one person who is popular in the community expressed his justified concerns, it turned into a bunch of lemmings crying about the apocalypse.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Belfast Bad Boy.8294

Belfast Bad Boy.8294

Please tell me how to play ranger? I want to play ranger. I have spent twice as much time playing ranger as my three other lvl 80’s combined. I now mostly play warrior. It’s just more fun!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Please tell me how to play ranger? I want to play ranger. I have spent twice as much time playing ranger as my three other lvl 80’s combined. I now mostly play warrior. It’s just more fun!

Just play Warrior dude…

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I’m quite happy actually, now that I realize the passive damage in my pets can more than be made up for in companion’s might, everyone that liked critspec best will be using this soon it’s really really good all the nice lovely tricks we used to stack our pets with might while using rage as one now works ALL the time, hunter’s call hawks? you kitten right all them little tiny crits stack might each and every one of them same goes for all other attacks, my cat does alot better dps now than before it’s just spread out more instead of tied to a longer cd ability even my drake is fine does a little more dmg when the mightstacks spike and only just slightly below otherwise.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Ignorent is bliss.

Baseless complaint?

“Serious nerfs?”

If the shortbow range wasn’t making the weapon OP (and no-one is arguing that it was OP) then why nerf it? The lonbow sucking is its own issue. A longbow user that cared about range would have traited it to be 1,500. People who say the two bows had the same range clearly don’t know the class very well. The only damage skill on the shortbow is Crossfire and it didn’t get a buff. The other skills are all control and positioning skills. They aren’t designed for damage but for situational uses. In addition to all this, the devs talked kitten about merging traits and creating more build choices, all they did was minor number adjustments to the longbow, a significant nerf to the shortbow and they completely ignored obvious traits for merging (like the three different traits that alter bow ranger, bow piercing and bow cool downs compared to the one warrior trait which alters greatsword cool downs and might on crit or rifle cooldowns and piercing). Ignorance is bliss and the balance devs are in nirvana when it comes to the ranger.

Back to the OP, you aren’t the only one who is happy with the ranger, lots of people are. The people who are unhappy are often the ones trying to push the game it its limits and finding the ranger’s limits aren’t quite as far as other classes and the balance patches are actually increasing that gap, not closing it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Ignorent is bliss.

Baseless complaint?

“Serious nerfs?”

You are arguing for logic in a game where somehow with a signet you magical go from being on fire to setting you tamed bear on fire for you, while giving it someone else’s random poison.

Never bring logic into a fantasy game. By you own logic off-hand training shouldn’t bring the ranged off-hand skills up to longbows base range.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I wouldn’t say that people make baseless complaints, but I do feel they blow things out of proportion, or don’t understand the concept of balance around high skill competition.

The longbow and shortbow should have never operated so similarly, and the damage should have always had its highest focus coming from the player (I’m talking like 90% player, 10% pet).

I personally think that when one person who is popular in the community expressed his justified concerns, it turned into a bunch of lemmings crying about the apocalypse.

Anet did this awesome thing for GW1, they split the skills between pve/pvp. The only reason they don’t do that now is plain laziness. They know it, and we know it.

There is absolutely no reason to balance the skills the same. People in pvp don’t have the same abilities, or the same stats as mobs in pve. So balancing them to do more damage to someone with 17 to 20k health is going to suck when they fight something with 250k health.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I ~was~ happy with Ranger. Was happily running a Beastmaster / Nature Magic build where I was basically playing support to my pet. Damage wasn’t spectacular by any means, but it was decent enough with the right pets, my pets were nigh unkillable if I paid attention (though I never got to try them in normal dungeons… they did well in Molten Facility though, almost never died even to the boss) and I enjoyed playing support to my pet.

Now with the patch and the damage nerf to most pets (I mean, they nerfed Moa’s for goodness sake. Moa’s already have TERRIBLE damage output. Pigs too.), I have a feeling I won’t be so happy any more. Pet damage was already mediocre enough (in PvE, cant’ speak for PvP which was apparently the “problem”) and I can’t imagine what it’ll be like now.

I’m getting kind of tired of things getting nerfed because of PvP and PvE just having to take fixes where none are needed because of it.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Anet did this awesome thing for GW1, they split the skills between pve/pvp. The only reason they don’t do that now is plain laziness. They know it, and we know it.

There is absolutely no reason to balance the skills the same. People in pvp don’t have the same abilities, or the same stats as mobs in pve. So balancing them to do more damage to someone with 17 to 20k health is going to suck when they fight something with 250k health.

I think that’s more of a dungeon argument to begin with, because I have no problem melting any mob in PvE with any build or weapon.
So if there are any changes that are going to be made, I’m sure the dev teams communicate with each other and reach these decisions.

As far as I know, pets were always dead to begin with in dungeons(thats what a lot of the community seems to think), using shortbow wasn’t an optimal way to run dungeons, and now, rangers have the option to trait to give their dungeon group perma regen and swiftness. It doesn’t sound like they hurt all that much other than peoples feelings that they can’t 1 spam at 1200 range to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I think that’s more of a dungeon argument to begin with, because I have no problem melting any mob in PvE with any build or weapon.
So if there are any changes that are going to be made, I’m sure the dev teams communicate with each other and reach these decisions.

As far as I know, pets were always dead to begin with in dungeons(thats what a lot of the community seems to think), using shortbow wasn’t an optimal way to run dungeons, and now, rangers have the option to trait to give their dungeon group perma regen and swiftness. It doesn’t sound like they hurt all that much other than peoples feelings that they can’t 1 spam at 1200 range to me.

The perma swiftness and regen is still not nearly enough to bring a ranger over a guardian as a support role.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

The perma swiftness and regen is still not nearly enough to bring a ranger over a guardian as a support role.

Did I ever argue that it was taking a guardians place? All I mentioned was an additional, and potentially useful option.

in Ranger

Posted by: whitespirit.9734

whitespirit.9734

Well when you are amazing at PVP it doesn’t matter what happens to the class and man you must be a god among mortals. Please show me a video of your skill so that I can learn how to be great as well. This is not a troll. Because I know I suck. It has got to be me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Yes, I’m happy as ranger.

Yes, I’m aware of ranger problems compared to other classes.

Yes, I’m going to play ranger, no matter if they got buffed or not. In worst case scenario I’ll get interested in other MMO that will have better options for archer-like class (tho, other MMO would need to have some other advantages over GW2 first).

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Am I wrong for thinking a lot of the complaining is baseless?

In most cases, you are correct. The complaining is out of hand. In this particular case though, you are wrong. This patch is the worst idea I’ve seen them come up with. I’m not normally opposed to changes they make, but they promised big changes to make new builds viable. All they did was fix some minor problems and drop a nuke on the one situational OP build available to us. This patch sucks harder than a Hoover, not for what they nerfed, but what they failed to provide.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

i more think you are one of the guys
which dont face good players as ranger
because you do much 1vs1 in wvw and the fast join spvp servers? :P

sry i dont whant attack you, but in wvw and spvp are much not skilled players running around.
so its easy to win 1vs1s as ranger there

most qq is from tpvp rangers and also from pve (dungeons) rangers i think

in tpvp its just sad how bm ranger is only working build for the team…
and this only, because it have much evade and a ki which do dmg to win the 1vs1 s
over time…
but for teamfights, the ranger can do not much good things
which make a teamfight win…
there is nothing, trapper is to low dmg and spirit ranger is joke,
zerker ranger is freekill and other dps classes make more dmg

ranger is a 1vs1 class thats all what he can do rly good in this game.
for me thats not enough.

and ranger is a bit sad because not much self skill use on this class
all other classes have more self skill use then a ranger.
no f1-f4 skills which give a new skillbar like engi or ele… only f1 to send pet to enemy, f2 to let it do his attack and f3 to send it back… nice…
also much passive traits, all the condi remove on this class is passive in traits
and one in a sigil…
bm ranger is a sigil build… so less self skill use and just sad to play over time
(well only warrior have less skills too, but he is also not best in tpvp)

i have try around after patch again
to find maybe good build
but i think there is nothing new
bm will stay, its not hard nerf for him, but other builds are not working like always.
trapper is for sure going more bad then he was before, because shortbow nerf…

i just qq because ranger feels at wrong place in a team.
its a play around solo class

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Did I ever argue that it was taking a guardians place? All I mentioned was an additional, and potentially useful option.

From my dungeon experiences, swiftness and regeneration are two of the least useful buffs in a good group. Good groups don’t need regen and swiftness isn’t really useful against dungeon mobs because they don’t run away (not to mention there being no shortage of party wide swiftness for skipping without this trait).

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

You not alone KyoHanakaze.8145 I am still happly for ranger too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jamoke.1523

Jamoke.1523

Rangers. Officially worst ranged class of Guild wars 2. can’t kill anything anymore

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

From my dungeon experiences, swiftness and regeneration are two of the least useful buffs in a good group. Good groups don’t need regen and swiftness isn’t really useful against dungeon mobs because they don’t run away (not to mention there being no shortage of party wide swiftness for skipping without this trait).

That’s such a nitpicky thing though. It isn’t like there is zero benefit from being able to apply 100% regen uptime to a group.

Also, I wonder if it ever occurs to people that they(ANet) could be waiting to roll out all of these balance patches before any significant dungeon changes are made? Aka, re-tailoring the dungeons around the balance of the majority of the “big” ones are out of the way? Because I doubt that dungeons were meant to be played in the speedrun mentality that they are now, with skipping content and all of the current shenanigans with the mechanics alone that pigeonhole players into specific builds and setups.

in Ranger

KyoHanakaze.8145

i more think you are one of the guys
which dont face good players as ranger
because you do much 1vs1 in wvw and the fast join spvp servers? :P

sry i dont whant attack you, but in wvw and spvp are much not skilled players running around.
so its easy to win 1vs1s as ranger there

In most cases, I’d agree with you. For me, however, I spend a lot of time at WvW fight nights, where the more skilled players go rather than facing solo roaming players in the open field. :P Especially since I’m at the lower tiers of WvW, there’s a much higher emphasis on individual skill. I also have a Champion Hunter title, so no, I don’t do fast joins. xD

Iverna//Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

That’s such a nitpicky thing though. It isn’t like there is zero benefit from being able to apply 100% regen uptime to a group.

Also, I wonder if it ever occurs to people that they are waiting to roll out all of these balance patches before any significant dungeon changes are made? Aka, re-tailoring the dungeons around the balance of the majority of the “big” ones are out of the way? Because I doubt that dungeons were meant to be played in the speedrun mentality that they are now, with skipping content and all of the current shenanigans with the mechanics alone the pigeonhole players into specific builds and setups.

Their record in GW1 on dungeons makes me think that if anything has deviated from what they envisioned, they will either not fix it, or they will only slap a band aid on it to make it look like they tried.

They probably didn’t mean for the majority of people to speed clear CoF exclusively but if they care at all they are being very silent on the matter.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Also, I wonder if it ever occurs to people that they are waiting to roll out all of these balance patches before any significant dungeon changes are made? Aka, re-tailoring the dungeons around the balance of the majority of the “big” ones are out of the way? Because I doubt that dungeons were meant to be played in the speedrun mentality that they are now, with skipping content and all of the current shenanigans with the mechanics alone the pigeonhole players into specific builds and setups.

Their record in GW1 on dungeons makes me think that if anything has deviated from what they envisioned, they will either not fix it, or they will only slap a band aid on it to make it look like they tried.

They probably didn’t mean for the majority of people to speed clear CoF exclusively but if they care at all they are being very silent on the matter.

But from my perspective from guild wars 1, it looks like the concentration of the amount of devs working on the game has shifted from pvp (guild wars 1) to PvE content like the living story, current dungeons, potential future dungeons, etc.

It also seems they are being very quiet on everything, so I really don’t know what to think other than what seems to be confirmed by the media, that there may be a not too distant future expansion, and that the last time Rob Hrouda spoke, he hinted at working on some sort of dungeon related content and was very secretive about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

First of all, SB NEVER, EVER should have had the same range as LB. This is logical. I’m surprised it took them THIS LONG to nerf it. […] So, man, I dunno.

Exactly, you don’t know. Short bows and longbows logically have the same range. They just differ in power and rate of fire.

Short bow range nerf was a fail.

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

I don’t think the complaining is baseless, to be honest. This patch was really bad for rangers, not only for what they did, but mostly for what they didn’t do. They made big promises about multiple builds becoming viable, traitlines being changed, etc. I think a lot of people got their hopes up because of these promises (I know I did), but in the end it was an utter disappointment.

in Ranger

Posted by: Doug.9628

Doug.9628

the people who are happy are playing, the people who aren’t are complaining. Keep playing if you’re having fun and eventually those that aren’t will leave/reroll and bog down another class’ forum

in Ranger

Posted by: Kevlar Eater.1985

Kevlar Eater.1985

I’m happy with the nerf as well. It just makes it significantly easier to beat them down.

Not that I had much trouble with them in WvW…

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Complaints aren’t baseless, but they are awfully awfully dramatic.
Kind of par for the course on patch day.

It’s important to keep in mind what you see on forums is not a representative slice of the game’s general population. It’s as Doug says; Happy players are too busy playing the game.

Although fansites like GW2Guru and Reddit are probably in a better place overall than the Official Forums. Honestly, if the hyperbolic atmosphere is getting you down, go get your daily recommended dosage of Fansite.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

the people who are happy are playing, the people who aren’t are complaining. Keep playing if you’re having fun and eventually those that aren’t will leave/reroll and bog down another class’ forum

Your point is not valid.
I roll many other classes a long time ago.
Despite how advantageous other classes are compare to ranger in places like dgn and wvw, deep down I still care for him.

Ppl who does not give their own opinions are the ones who don’t care.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

That’s unfair, Rangers clearly took a hit to pet damage and many rangers are running BM bunkers at the moment, so it’s only normal to see lots of complaints. There may be more options than ever before for this class now, but no one likes seeing their favorite build nerfed. I hardly think it took some particularly popular player to set off complaints regarding the changes to sb and pet damage. But I do agree with the rest of your post, I reckon it’s just a lot harder to understand the full impact of a buff than the impact of a nerf.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I’ve always played the ranger and never been happy with it. Why do I stick with it?

1. I gravitate really hard toward my main character in MMOs.
2. I like feel of the class despite what I’m going to mention below.

So why am I not happy with it?

1. Pets are factored into our stats. So for another class to reach full potential they just need to put 100% good skill and build in. For a ranger to reach full potential we have to put x% skill and build in and y% relying on the pet AI/build. That y% is a problem.

2. Our skills are unforgiving and conditional, often coupled with relatively long cooldown times.

3. My favorite weapon, the 1h sword suffers from rooting, autopilot and many deaths that could have been avoided otherwise. The only solution to this problem? Unbinding autoattack and wearing your finger out on 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 while having to plan AHEAD in order to dodge or bail out in any way.

^ While you can take some pride in “mastering” this. Wouldn’t our skill as players be better spent manually controlling the character instead of worrying that we may press “1” one to many times and jump off a tall cliff?

4. The ranger bows have had a tendency to be inferior ranged weapons compared to those of the warrior and thief.

5. While we excel in condition builds, conditions fall way short of straight DPS in high level PvE content.

6. The main hand axe is an awesome concept. However, it deals a worthless amount of damage so I’ve never been able to use it outside of bunkering sPvP.

7. When playing PvE hardcore with my guild running dungeons/fractals multiple times in a row, it became clear that in order to improve my performance in these instances any more I would need to start playing a warrior instead.

Now, do I like this update? Yes I do. Path of Scars is now a CC, and that is a pretty spamable skill that also does a lot of damage. Also a speed, responsiveness buff for the long bow, woot woot.

Except I don’t feel like we were presented with all that many new build options, and playing the same build for months, even if it gets buffed, can get boring.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

That’s unfair, Rangers clearly took a hit to pet damage and many rangers are running BM bunkers at the moment, so it’s only normal to see lots of complaints. There may be more options than ever before for this class now, but no one likes seeing their favorite build nerfed. I hardly think it took some particularly popular player to set off complaints regarding the changes to sb and pet damage. But I do agree with the rest of your post, I reckon it’s just a lot harder to understand the full impact of a buff than the impact of a nerf.

Some people can think for themselves, yes, agreed. But I do think that when the people who have seen the most community popularity that are playing a class turn and go full negative on it, that it immediately affects the mood of the community to begin to focus entirely on the negative.
But yes, I’m probably not giving people enough credit.

That being said, for me it’s extremely humorous and at the same time frustrating to see an entire community of players crying about the shortbow because they have to play it the way it was meant to be played, and not 1 spam mindlessly. Garethh and I debated it back at launch; shortbow has a flanking requirement autoattack, a point blank fan, an evade+distance creator, a cripple with added pressure, and an interrupt that gets better with flanking. The shortbow was never meant for people to be standing at 1200 range and just shooting mindlessly, and while technically its a nerf, it was done to force people to play the weapon with that mindset.

People haven’t even realized yet that within the channeling time for Rapid Fire, the longbow actually has a higher DPS now because it shoots the same amount of shots in a shorter amount of time (roughly 1 arrow per .kitten.

I’m enjoying the patch, I’m just extremely disappointed with the ranger community.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

My problem with this patch doesn’t lie with the shortbow…it lies with the fact that they did an across the board nerf of our pets, which are 30-40% of our damage output. The nerf for some of the pets at the worst is a 50% nerf, meaning a 15-20% overall drop in damage output. In every other MMO I played, the developers would never dare nerf one of the professions THIS hard. This is especially bad since it was just to deal with the whining over the BM ranger in sPvP, which could have easily been taken care of by slightly nerfing the amount of power output increase the Beastmastery traitline gives out FOR PVP ONLY!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

My problem with this patch doesn’t lie with the shortbow…it lies with the fact that they did an across the board nerf of our pets, which are 30-40% of our damage output. The nerf for some of the pets at the worst is a 50% nerf, meaning a 15-20% overall drop in damage output. In every other MMO I played, the developers would never dare nerf one of the professions THIS hard. This is especially bad since it was just to deal with the whining over the BM ranger in sPvP, which could have easily been taken care of by slightly nerfing the amount of power output increase the Beastmastery traitline gives out FOR PVP ONLY!

But that isn’t necessarily true either, if looked at in a broad scope. If I was on a small team of devs and was working on a huge mechanic rework (ranger pets and the damage value they represent) and on a deadline with a bunch of other professions to work on too, what would I do? Exactly what ANet could be doing, release only the pet nerf, and let the community work out how much DPS is missing and what is lackluster in power builds. Then, once the players collect all the data, begin working on improvements to power builds (reintroducing the damage lost from pets onto the players).

The devs specifically said this was a warrior/necro focused update, I wasn’t even expecting as many changes as we got.

Anybody who played guild wars 1 knows that ANet is basically infamous for only focusing on 1 to 2 classes at a time for major updates, and in the process creates OP builds while nerfing others. (Warriors Endurance, Dervish Avatars, Dagger Escape Rangers, bloodspike, rspike, etc etc etc etc to infinity)

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The problem here is that this update badly burned our class, and they’re about to lose a bunch of customers over this. I’m personally considering leaving Guild Wars 2 over this, and I have never left a MMO over a nerf before (because none have ever been this bad).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

you are not the only one. I am happy with some of the new changes. I’m working on a build that will work with the new changes. its not perfect but it looks promising

shout build might b fun?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

No, there are other trolling braggarts who say the same thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Nope, I’m pretty happy with my ranger despite all of it’s shortcomings and the perception of players in this forum.

I agree with jcbroe’s analysis of the ranger community in this forum. They take everything in a negative light and blow it out of proportion (see aquaman).

My personal gripe about the community is that the negative nancys believe that their opinion is absolutely correct and disagreeing with them gets you labeled as a troll or they start to question your intelligence. Present them with facts and they will ignore it or they will still try to enforce their belief that they are correct. (see 84% crit chance with Jaguar Stealth).

While I agree that some of their complaints are valid (I’m pretty upset about the pet damage nerfs just as much as they are), they present them in such a offensive and repulsive manner that it’s hard to take it seriously. More so for developers that want to see player feedback but get turned off by all the crap they have to slog through just to get the decent ones. And when one of them finally has the guts to participate in discussion, they get viciously attacked. (See Robert Hrouda)

I see these people as the kind of people that absolutely hate change. Their toy truck with big wheels got changed to a toy truck with small wheels, but in exchange they are given a new race car as an alternative. They will kitten and moan about the changes to their beloved toy truck and completely ignore the new race car.

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I don’t see how you can be happy with rangers when

- Barrage damage has been cut in half
- Both the LB/SB have worse tracking issues than they did before
- Pets are dropping a lot quicker and their F2 abilities are slower to react

That is unless you use none of those..

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I don’t see how you can be happy with rangers when

- Barrage damage has been cut in half
- Both the LB/SB have worse tracking issues than they did before
- Pets are dropping a lot quicker and their F2 abilities are slower to react

That is unless you use none of those..

Please stop spreading misinformation, as not a single thing you mentioned is accurate.

in Ranger

Posted by: Craig.2403

Craig.2403

I am constantly surprised by the fact that people think this shortbow “nerf” destroyed the class. I have played ranger for about 3 months now, and have created a very good melee build, without using the shortbow or longbow at all. The only class I have trouble fighting 1v1 is none of them and the only classes together I have trouble fighting 1v2 is none at all. Only against coordinated groups of 2 or more, or uncoordinated groups of 4 or more do I have trouble, and all that is WITHOUT A SHORTBOW! So stop griping about 1 weapon being hit a little bit and actually experiment with weapons that aren’t “auto-attack to win” and require a little bit more skill. The ranger does have a high skill cap, you just have to find builds that let you raise it.

Bummkin – ranger | Netherdark – thief | Crescor – mesmer | Gears Up – engi
[TFI]

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

You not alone KyoHanakaze.8145 I am still happly for ranger too.

I am on the same boat. I love my ranger, and have been using greatsword / axe/axe (kitten yeah pull on path of scars!!) as my primary weapon sets since I made him. The only complaint I had with him is condition cleansing, but I’m currently working out a trait / rune setup that doesn’t stray too far from my playstyle, but allows for conditions to fall off a tad faster passively.

I am one of those people that believe shortbow’s range shouldn’t have been the same as longbow’s. For those claiming they can’t chase / kill anyone any more because of the change: swap to sword or greatsword, use the movement skills on those, swap back to shortbow and pew pew away. Seriously, it’s not that difficult. Been doing it with my gs / axe/axe combo and have never had a problem (except against sneaky thieves.)

Edit: This is all from a roaming / small group encounter focus in wvw. Spvp I haven’t messed with much aside from ‘anything goes’ hotjoins

(edited by Setun.4368)

in Ranger

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

I am constantly surprised by the fact that people think this shortbow “nerf” destroyed the class. I have played ranger for about 3 months now, and have created a very good melee build, without using the shortbow or longbow at all. The only class I have trouble fighting 1v1 is none of them and the only classes together I have trouble fighting 1v2 is none at all. Only against coordinated groups of 2 or more, or uncoordinated groups of 4 or more do I have trouble, and all that is WITHOUT A SHORTBOW! So stop griping about 1 weapon being hit a little bit and actually experiment with weapons that aren’t “auto-attack to win” and require a little bit more skill. The ranger does have a high skill cap, you just have to find builds that let you raise it.

So you’re basically saying “Screw your weapon of choice, just use mine!”? What do you do when ANet decides to finally nerf your weapon of choice?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zahme.7802

Zahme.7802

Ignorent is bliss.

Baseless complaint?

“Serious nerfs?”

But you can throw an axe as wide as you can shot an arrow ? ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

@ OP: Guess you are, and I even hope so.
I have a level 80 warrior, fully geared up, Ascendeds in progress.
It has a full tank build, no real effort on damage, and still does the same as my ciritcal damage ranger. Sometimes even more… and it won’t die by a single strike!!

Didn’t Arenanet officaly stated that every class will be equal?
If anyone things Warriors should do more damage than Rangers, or any other class, that person should play oldschool MMOs, not GW2.

I want to believe in Arenanet’s words… So yes, I want to see my ranger as powerful as any other class!!

in near future!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Waylander.5106

Waylander.5106

I am happy with my ranger, but then I’m only a casual gamer, all the talk of DPS and “builds” goes way over my head. Only really do map exploring & events (I think this is Pve?). But I enjoy may ranger and nobody seems to complain when I help them. Also can somebody explain what nerf means? Many Thanks

Helmut Von Luckless, Ranger [EVO]
Whiteside Ridge o/