Amazing Druid Support Ideas!

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Druid was supposed to be capable of supporting “zerg trains” as well, so I’d like to share some of the greatest ideas that will make playing Druid more viable in mass combat situations and more desired by players in any part of the game.

Supporting these suggestions absolutely guarantees to make your Druid super popular across Tyria! All the cool kids will invite you to their parties! You’ll get tons of friend and guild requests! Players will even email you gold and legendaries to buy your favor! You will undoubtedly become the envy of all professions!

Additionally, these changes will be so great for the devs because we will have to buy second accounts and roll non Rangers to get a break from it all.

Read on and be amazed!

Seeds of Life

These need to pop instantly and have their radius increased to 360. 5 targets as normal.

Staff

We need this weapon to be a better ranged support weapon with useful skills.

Staff 1- Add 1 burning condition to the 3rd attack tick. The low damage and low healing make adding conditions to this skill ok.

Staff 2- Add 1 burning condition and increase radius to 300. All effects hit 5 enemies and allies within the radius. The current 130 radius is not enough to support allies so the increased radius would help. This change would also be a useful for helping to contribute to breaking up the tight zergs.

Staff 4- Make this a circular patch, like all those other aoe patches, and add bleeding. The current cone design is awful to use in any movement based combat, so the aoe design allows this skill to be useful. This would also make the skill useful for zerg breaking and sieging structures in wvw.

Staff 5- Make this skill an aoe dome. The current small rectangle design is as useless as vine surge. This change allows us to support better during mass combat situations.

Celestial Avatar

This form is not dependable, it is clunky to heal with and very easy to interrupt and shut down currently, so I’d like to turn it into a dependable, smooth and more sturdy form that is front line support capable.

CA Form- Provides natural stability to the Druid and pulses stability to 5 allies within a 360 radius.

AF- Make CA a stance that is maintained until downed or killed or manually exited. Once downed or killed or exited, you have to build up Astral Force again to activate and reenter CA form.

CA 1- Make this skill function like Guardian staff 1. Wide 600 range “astral” cone attack that hits 5 enemies and heals up to 5 allies within the effect.

CA 2- Remove the reticle aiming function and make it a point blank aoe that pops a seed instantly. 360 radius. 5 targets.

CA 3- Remove the reticle aiming function and make it a point blank aoe with the same 360 radius.

CA 4- 360 radius.

CA 5- Remove the root and make this skill mobile. Add a 5 player, excluding the Druid, healing component that coincides with the pulse and final damage. Same 360 radius.

Glyphs

Make each glyph independent and an individual selectable choice. This would add more slot skill options and build diversity.

What these changes do

First, these changes fit thematically with the duality design of Druid. You have your ranged support role with staff and your melee support role with CA.

Second, all skills become useful, dependable and smooth to use in any movement based combat and zerg play.

Third, this makes bringing a Druid to any team, in any mode, more desirable.

Fourth, the Druid support role actually becomes user friendly and fun to play.

Edit- You devs are witty. Posted this originally in the general section stupidly, and upon deletion this awesome message popped up… “Swagger has turned into a quantum object. They both exist and do not exist at the same time.”.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Nice ideas, but way too OP I’m afraid

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

staff 4 and ca 1 are the only ones I could agree with,
the rest are any thing but amazing.

You seem to think/want every druid to face tank in celestial gear with your pbaoe healing. Ground targeting is a good mechanic not one to remove for no brains pbaoe spam.

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

You seem to think/want every druid to face tank in celestial gear with your pbaoe healing. Ground targeting is a good mechanic not one to remove for no brains pbaoe spam.

Let’s start with a quote from you…

I love my ranger but I know its garbage in zerging. Now I just pewpew with my hammer rev. Try rev, you might like it.

We were told that Druid would be able to “sustain zerg trains of 20-30 players”, but obviously the design is “garbage in zerging”…

None of these suggestions make this “face tank”, the suggestions provide good support capabilities that match up well with combat in modes.

Staff still remains low end damage, but with better utilities.

CA provides much needed stability to combat “knock back wars” (which shouldn’t happen anyway in pvp modes). The form remains low damage output. Skills can be dropped in place currently, but the purpose for removal of the reticle was to make it an up front build.

The CA “stance” allows for dependable support, but still carries a risk and reward component to it.

The radius increases are there to account for movement and there is a 5 player cap anyway.

CA 1 removes the ability for Druid to self heal and CA 5 only heals other payers, not the Druid.

CA 2, 3, 4 are basically the same except for radius.

None of these suggestions turn this build into some kind of immortal, they make Druid a more sensible support role so they are not “garbage in zerging”, and we don’t have to tell players to go “pewpew with hammer rev” instead…

That’s kind of funny, though, you actively encourage mindless ranged damage spam while hiding in the zerg, but you can’t support an active team support role that stands in the front lines leading the charge… You’re probably running around with a hybrid damage/tank rev passing out those passive “no brain pbaoe” boons while effortlessly spamming 5 target attacks at 1200 range… and you think this is “face tank” and “no brains”?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Some of these ideas are good some of them I do not agree with.

I do agree with some of the staff changes, some condi/hybrid damage would be good for the weapon. Honestly, I think poisons or bleeding is a better route to go than burning because we have various amounts of trait support for it. However thematically burning does work.

I do think that PBAOE lowers the skill floor as some other state, but in any intelligent group, they would already realize that were functionally a PBAOE heal/buff bot already. Our glyphs effects are all small area affects as well as the seeds that provide GoTL. Our main heal is already a PBAOE. I don’t see why people are against solidifying that. The only skill that should remain targeted is lunar impact.

AF- Make CA a stance that is maintained until downed or killed. Once downed or killed you have to build up Astral Force again to activate and reenter form.

This can never come to fruition. There are so many reasons why. CA is fine in it’s state of being able to enter and exit it. To be permanently in it would require so much reductions both on bases and scaling. It would literally break various types of content including WvW. It would also lock us into being able to do nothing else. This is not a healthy direction for the elite spec.

Provides natural stability to the Druid and pulses stability to 5 allies within a 360 radius.

Again, this would be straight up power creep. It would render the druid invincible while in CA. It’s just too much. That’s not even including the fact that it’s aoe. Combined with the above, you might as well remove cc from the game. Because it won’t be going off any more.

CA 5- Remove the root and make this skill mobile. Add a 5 player, excluding the Druid, healing component that coincides with the pulse and final damage. Same 360 radius.

CA5 is currently a really good skill. It has so many uses, Even though it roots you. The only thing that could be better about it is it’s stability uptime. We don’t need to be mobile with this skill.

edit forgot to delete block quote.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

We were told that Druid would be able to “sustain zerg trains of 20-30 players”, but obviously the design is “garbage in zerging”…

Technically, Druids were able to sustain zerg trains. Then, Lingering Light’s design was changed, and then ICD heavily increased.

I wouldn’t quote Anet for anything they said in the past in terms of balance and profession design. They shift, nerf, and alter things every-so-often because they can’t decide on what they want a profession to be or which PVP complaint to cater to.

Other than that, Cosmic Ray resigned to be like Guardian Staff would be nice.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Some of these ideas are good some of them I do not agree with.

I do agree with some of the staff changes, some condi/hybrid damage would be good for the weapon. Honestly, I think poisons or bleeding is a better route to go than burning because we have various amounts of trait support for it. However thematically burning does work.

I do think that PBAOE lowers the skill floor as some other state, but in any intelligent group, they would already realize that were functionally a PBAOE heal/buff bot already. Our glyphs effects are all small area affects as well as the seeds that provide GoTL. Our main heal is already a PBAOE. I don’t see why people are against solidifying that. The only skill that should remain targeted is lunar impact.

AF- Make CA a stance that is maintained until downed or killed. Once downed or killed you have to build up Astral Force again to activate and reenter form.

This can never come to fruition. There are so many reasons why. CA is fine in it’s state of being able to enter and exit it. To be permanently in it would require so much reductions both on bases and scaling. It would literally break various types of content including WvW. It would also lock us into being able to do nothing else. This is not a healthy direction for the elite spec.

I’ll disagree with this. It’s not fine to put players in a position where they need to apologize to teammates for not having heals ready, or explain to them… “if you want these heals you need to stand in my beam or stand still and turtle up”. This healing support form was designed for close quarter and stationary encounters, it was not put through the rigors of zerg or movement based play and adjusted accordingly.

This design suggestion is so the Druid could be dependable support and front line capable in zergs. There is a megaton of damage being blasted on the front lines and there are risks to being downed quickly, I see it all the time. Even the improved HoT encounters have some heavy damage being pumped out by npc and see players wipe constantly.

With the exception on CA 1, all skills are on timers so there are limitations to use.

Provides natural stability to the Druid and pulses stability to 5 allies within a 360 radius.

Again, this would be straight up power creep. It would render the druid invincible while in CA. It’s just too much. That’s not even including the fact that it’s aoe. Combined with the above, you might as well remove cc from the game. Because it won’t be going off any more.

Being immune to knock back does not make any player immortal to damage and other CCs. Players are carrying a plethora of interrupts, dazes, movement impairing conditions, skills that block movement… and this would go a long way to improving combat in wvw and spvp.

For pve this could be modified to “stability when casting skills 2-5” or something, but I still feel some stability is needed and could be given creatively.

I played city of heroes and you could build to prevent knock back, knock down and knock up, and never was there an issue with that making any player or group invincible.

CA5 is currently a really good skill. It has so many uses, Even though it roots you. The only thing that could be better about it is it’s stability uptime. We don’t need to be mobile with this skill.

It’s almost useless in movement based combat. I rarely ever touch this skill in wvw during pvp or zerg combat because it puts me in a very vulnerable position for very little to no gain.

edit forgot to delete block quote.

Numbers can always be tweaked to make all things sensible and work together, but I’m feeling that the general ideas are on target for gw2 combat.

Thanks for the responses!

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Technically, Druids were able to sustain zerg trains. Then, Lingering Light’s design was changed, and then ICD heavily increased.

I wouldn’t quote Anet for anything they said in the past in terms of balance and profession design. They shift, nerf, and alter things every-so-often because they can’t decide on what they want a profession to be or which PVP complaint to cater to.

Other than that, Cosmic Ray resigned to be like Guardian Staff would be nice.

No way my friend, nothing about the Druid/CA design matched or matches with movement based combat healing support… Combining player movement, AF gating mechanics, CA pressure timer plus skill timers, clunky aiming reticles, knock back and cc spam… It’s not good…

It’s problematic when I go support in wvw on my Druid and not a care by players, but I goof off out of boredom with guardian and ele and am asked if I’m support specced… then get guild invites…

The Druid heal support is not quality outside of high level fractals and raids (those close quarter and stationary combat modes), and that needs to change.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I love my ranger but I know its garbage in zerging. Now I just pewpew with my hammer rev. Try rev, you might like it.

None of these suggestions make this “face tank”, the suggestions provide good support capabilities that match up well with combat in modes.

CA provides much needed stability to combat “knock back wars” (which shouldn’t happen anyway in pvp modes). The form remains low damage output. Skills can be dropped in place currently, but the purpose for removal of the reticle was to make it an up front build.

The CA “stance” allows for dependable support, but still carries a risk and reward component to it.

The radius increases are there to account for movement and there is a 5 player cap anyway.

CA 1 removes the ability for Druid to self heal and CA 5 only heals other payers, not the Druid.

None of these suggestions turn this build into some kind of immortal, they make Druid a more sensible support role so they are not “garbage in zerging”, and we don’t have to tell players to go “pewpew with hammer rev” instead…

That’s kind of funny, though, you actively encourage mindless ranged damage spam while hiding in the zerg, but you can’t support an active team support role that stands in the front lines leading the charge… You’re probably running around with a hybrid damage/tank rev passing out those passive “no brain pbaoe” boons while effortlessly spamming 5 target attacks at 1200 range… and you think this is “face tank” and “no brains”?

You quote me telling a guy, who is frustrated because of being kicked for pewpewing with a longbow ranger, to pickup hammer rev. It’s unlikely the person will be kicked for being a rev and they will enjoy it far more as hammer is much more effective at bringing downs.

As for rev 600 range passive boons vs not wanting druid to be mindless pbaoe healer,
I’ve played 5 different healers in wvw and the most effective and the most boring was indeed a pbaoe 600 radius spamming warhorn, healing Shout warrior with a regen banner stacked with healing power and healing to other allies. If thats what people want from druid then this game truely has found its point of no return.

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

You quote me telling a guy, who is frustrated because of being kicked for pewpewing with a longbow ranger, to pickup hammer rev. It’s unlikely the person will be kicked for being a rev and they will enjoy it far more as hammer is much more effective at bringing downs.

As for rev 600 range passive boons vs not wanting druid to be mindless pbaoe healer,
I’ve played 5 different healers in wvw and the most effective and the most boring was indeed a pbaoe 600 radius spamming warhorn, healing Shout warrior with a regen banner stacked with healing power and healing to other allies. If thats what people want from druid then this game truely has found its point of no return.

Ranger/Druids aren’t good in zerging anyway lol

I love how you consider playing an active support role on the front line as “mindless” only because of click to use pbaoe skills… We can pbaoe now, or did you somehow miss that because you’ve become too enchanted with the passive boons and 1200 ranged pewpew rev design that you encourage others to play?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

-stuff-

Again, man. Were told. 10 months later, things are different because their priorities changed.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I love how you consider playing an active support role on the front line as “mindless” only because of click to use pbaoe skills… We can pbaoe now, or did you somehow miss that because you’ve become too enchanted with the passive boons and 1200 ranged pewpew rev design that you encourage others to play?

Again with the rev? I do have a druid in case that fact is lost apon you.

After looking through your history I now understand why you want this type of play to be for druid,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Sugg-Another-Ground-Targeting-Option/first#post6271726

You want all CA skills to support untargeted skill clicking. Do you even want to actually play the game or just let it play itself?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

After looking through your history I now understand why you want this type of play to be for druid,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Sugg-Another-Ground-Targeting-Option/first#post6271726

You want all CA skills to support untargeted skill clicking. Do you even want to actually play the game or just let it play itself?

I’m aware that you play ranger.

Are you failing to see that the CA skills already function like pbaoe if you just click it without the mouse on the screen?

Are you aware there are other pbaoe skills already in game?

Are you aware this game lacks player targeted skills?

Interesting for you to think that having to use reticle skills makes the difference between playing and not playing a game… Your comments seem to display a lack of experience with mmo combat and skill designs.

Edit- I have a really great idea since you have a ranger.. Make a heal spec druid and record yourself healing while running with the zerg… Then post an unedited video of your gameplay session and let’s see just how much of a skillful design the druid healing is in the hands of a skillful player… Show us all that the ranger is only “garbage in zergs” with regard to ranged dps and these reticle skills are a super design…

Edit 2- Since you are a fan of the reticle aiming support skill design, I think we should take all those herald facets and changed them from passive pbaoe skills to reticle aiming skills on timers. Let’s also change the current 600 radius of these skills to vary in number between 120, 180, 240 and 360 instead… I also think a root when consuming facets would be a good idea too because it would encourage more skillful positioning…

I’m sure none of these changes to facet support skills would be a problem considering it falls in line with “playing the game” type skill you prefer, not just the “let it play itself” type of skills right?

There is also no reason why ALL those elixir tossing engineers you see running around should have all the fun spreading support boons right?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Are you failing to see that the CA skills already function like pbaoe if you just click it without the mouse on the screen?

Interesting for you to think that having to use reticle skills makes the difference between playing and not playing a game… Your comments seem to display a lack of experience with mmo combat and skill designs.

Edit- I have a really great idea since you have a ranger.. Make a heal spec druid and record yourself healing while running with the zerg… Then post an unedited video of your gameplay session and let’s see just how much of a skillful design the druid healing is in the hands of a skillful player… Show us all that the ranger is only “garbage in zergs” with regard to ranged dps and these reticle skills are a super design…

Edit 2- Since you are a fan of the reticle aiming support skill design, I think we should take all those herald facets and changed them from passive pbaoe skills to reticle aiming skills on timers. Let’s also change the current 600 radius of these skills to vary in number between 120, 180, 240 and 360 instead… I also think a root when consuming facets would be a good idea too because it would encourage more skillful positioning…

I’m sure none of these changes to facet support skills would be a problem considering it falls in line with “playing the game” type skill you prefer, not just the “let it play itself” type of skills right?

There is also no reason why ALL those elixir tossing engineers you see running around should have all the fun spreading support boons right?

I think druid CA skills should be changed.

Feel free to keep thinking I’m kittened. Feel free to keep flailing your arms trying to defend your thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Balance the skills and make CA like necro DS. Then it would be very nice to play.

Or they can give staff a good aoe skill, like changing staff 1, or giving staff 5 a decent aoe (feedback-like) with a little balance. To balance the druid, I would make staff more powerful at healing and support, and change the auto attack to guardians staff 1 with decent healing ability.

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I think druid CA skills should be changed.

Feel free to keep thinking I’m kittened. Feel free to keep flailing your arms trying to defend your thread.

Super! See how a little discussion works?

No flailing here. I’m just responding to your comments and I’m glad you understand now.

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Balance the skills and make CA like necro DS. Then it would be very nice to play.

Or they can give staff a good aoe skill, like changing staff 1, or giving staff 5 a decent aoe (feedback-like) with a little balance. To balance the druid, I would make staff more powerful at healing and support, and change the auto attack to guardians staff 1 with decent healing ability.

Yes, similar in ways to DS.

I think you’d have a lot of upset players if we change the 1 skill. I did think about the aoe thing and added it to staff 2 and 4.

We don’t want to make the Druid staff too much of a healing weapon, that’s what we reserve CA form for.

I suggested for CA 1 to function like guardian staff with heals because it makes most sense there.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

girls stop fighting, should i remind you Devs doesnt read this forums. Any suggestion here are ignored as ghey already proven in the past.

Yes the Druid\ranger is mostly completely trash in zergs other tjan ocasional CAF healing with CAF#3 and CAF#4.

Other than that i agree in changes in the staff.
ranged heals are good pbaoe is not. Also ranged heals is the main mechanic from pur astral form so it not an smart idea nerf that.

Definitely lingering light must go back to cast an astral wisp, as that was the viable choice for teamfights.

We need many things done in the ranger and the druid to make this class not to be used only to troll but well as i said: Anet don’t give a crap about the costumers here.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

girls stop fighting, should i remind you Devs doesnt read this forums. Any suggestion here are ignored as ghey already proven in the past.

Yes the Druid\ranger is mostly completely trash in zergs other tjan ocasional CAF healing with CAF#3 and CAF#4.

Other than that i agree in changes in the staff.
ranged heals are good pbaoe is not. Also ranged heals is the main mechanic from pur astral form so it not an smart idea nerf that.

Definitely lingering light must go back to cast an astral wisp, as that was the viable choice for teamfights.

We need many things done in the ranger and the druid to make this class not to be used only to troll but well as i said: Anet don’t give a crap about the costumers here.

Nobody is “fighting”. No need to be insulting.

Devs do read the forums and have info passed to them.

Yes, ranger/druid is not good in zergs, and you just went and said “3 and 4” are used occasionally. 4 is a pbaoe, and most Druids I see use 3 as a pbaoe, not aim it around… These changes make all skills on CA useful and are better suited for heal support during combat, not just the couple skills you mentioned.

You have to look at the way combat unfolds and how chaotic it is… CA falls apart in any movement based combat and there are reasons why you rarely ever see a heal specced outside of fractals and raids… Staff is okish, but CA is a design I would have left in the can.

It’s not just a problem with Druid healing either, heal support designs in this game are not good overall. Ele healing is most tolerable out of all heal capable builds, while Druid and Ventari are the most clunky and user unfriendly heal support designs I’ve ever encountered in any mmo…

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Yes, ranger/druid is not good in zergs, and you just went and said “3 and 4” are used occasionally. 4 is a pbaoe, and most Druids I see use 3 as a pbaoe, not aim it around… These changes make all skills on CA useful and are better suited for heal support during combat, not just the couple skills you mentioned.

You have to look at the way combat unfolds and how chaotic it is… CA falls apart in any movement based combat and there are reasons why you rarely ever see a heal specced outside of fractals and raids… Staff is okish, but CA is a design I would have left in the can.

It’s not just a problem with Druid healing either, heal support designs in this game are not good overall. Ele healing is most tolerable out of all heal capable builds, while Druid and Ventari are the most clunky and user unfriendly heal support designs I’ve ever encountered in any mmo…

yep caf4 is a pbaoe and that’s enough. CAF3 is perfect to heal the zerg and that’s because of the range, otherwise all skills would be exactly the same.

Were caf1 and caf2 fails is on the delay, not that is a clickfest (that is also annoying).
If caf1 would heal at the spot without the second delay it would work much better. Same for the caf2.

Could the skills be better designed? yes i agree, they could. But let’s be realistic, devs don’t read this forum or even their own post asking for opinions as they have proven a thousand times already. You must be new.

But if you are happy throwing away your ideas here, don’t let me interrupt you,.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

yep caf4 is a pbaoe and that’s enough. CAF3 is perfect to heal the zerg and that’s because of the range, otherwise all skills would be exactly the same.

Were caf1 and caf2 fails is on the delay, not that is a clickfest (that is also annoying).
If caf1 would heal at the spot without the second delay it would work much better. Same for the caf2.

Could the skills be better designed? yes i agree, they could. But let’s be realistic, devs don’t read this forum or even their own post asking for opinions as they have proven a thousand times already. You must be new.

But if you are happy throwing away your ideas here, don’t let me interrupt you,.

Each CA skill still has a different core function, and the proposal makes more sense for movement based combat than what we have going on now.

Interesting, you seem to provide suggestions on these boards… Hmm, well, if you really feel that way then what’s your purpose of posting ideas?

You seem inexperienced when it comes to playing support, so perhaps you can heal spec your Druid and practice in wvw some. Let me know how it goes and let’s discuss these ideas more in depth without the dev bitterness…

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You seem inexperienced when it comes to playing support, so perhaps you can heal spec your Druid and practice in wvw some. Let me know how it goes and let’s discuss these ideas more in depth without the dev bitterness…

I only play zerg as support Druid now. It’s super effective. 4 Superior ACs are no match for our ram team when I am healing them and PVDing the door with staff. I used to play staff ele, but Druid is just so much better.

Being able to PBAoE right on top of the commander with a bunch of people really helps with pushes. Just set your ground targeting to “snap to target” and set it to instant and you can heal anyone you like while in CAF. Regeneration and staff will build AF instantly and you can also provide good CC, you are virtually invincible as well as being able to stealth rez people 43% faster by leaving CAF and you can pop a smoke field for ppl to blast for stealth before a push.

I play this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

I am sorry, have to disagree on these changes making a druid more desirable in all forms of content. Your buffs and changes make sense for the WvW zerg scenario. Haven’t even done that much I can still see how great of zerg healer they would make a druid.
I am looking at these from the perspective of someone that has played raid healer for a long time, played druid in sPvP for a while and even did WvW roaming, dungeons and fractals on it.

The CA3 change alone would make this a big nerf in raids, in sPvP and even fractals. Nothing comes even close to the ability to instant blast heal or interrupt people in a big aoe at 1200 range.
Would prefer for CA2 to remain ground targeted and could live with the type of cone healing that you suggest for CA1.
The CA4 and CA5 would be direct buffs and might be considered too powerful instead. Though, increased range on CA4 would be really nice.

And about the staff changes. Simply put, they way be too much of a buff. Think about the tanky condition hybrid monster that they would create in sPvP and WvW roaming alone.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

I only play zerg as support Druid now. It’s super effective. 4 Superior ACs are no match for our ram team when I am healing them and PVDing the door with staff. I used to play staff ele, but Druid is just so much better.

Being able to PBAoE right on top of the commander with a bunch of people really helps with pushes. Just set your ground targeting to “snap to target” and set it to instant and you can heal anyone you like while in CAF. Regeneration and staff will build AF instantly and you can also provide good CC, you are virtually invincible as well as being able to stealth rez people 43% faster by leaving CAF and you can pop a smoke field for ppl to blast for stealth before a push.

I play this.

Heim u don’t need to go that tank, the build i posted around will allow you to do the same: 4 superior ACs and you still will be able to keep healthy the 3 rams at the door (in my gameplay 5-6 are too many for my build).
It will allow you provide a lot of support + damage when needed (or feel like, if my squad is not in dire danger i can’t avoid switching to SB when i see a warrior) . Also you’ll be able to escape most CC chains they throw at you, once you learn how to play the build.

And you’ll provide better support with the DPS and focused fire with your weapon of choice, i play with SB but just because of the Dreamer.

Guys i have enough experience as support, just i find extremely boring camping staff from the extra radius far far away or going 0 damage and no the best heals either kinda you’ll get chainCC reckt unless you are put in a group with 4 guardians.

I like to go in and out, and because we are not a tank class sometimes you simply are in no position to go in. So CAF1, CAF2 and CAF3 having 900 range is perfect and extremely important.

Otherwise you are forcing players to play only what i find extremely boring moar maximum tank builds and 0 damage. The range in the CAF skills are perfect. We can see how CAF#5 that is a PbAoE is really bad in most situations and only can be used with some succes in a very specific situations.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Sublime Conversion: Grant regen to allies who cross it and no target limit.