Ammunition Mechanic

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

So we have seen that Weaponskills get ammunition mechanic.
Are there some speculations you would give which ranger skill gets this new mechanic?

Id say throw torch, crippling talon, poison volley, crippling shot, huntersshot, wintersbite and path of scars are perfect candidates.

Id would improve this skills without much if a change (path of scares needs bug fixes though).

Any other opinions.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Spirit Skills

• 2 charges – They’d sacrifice on 2nd charge

Dagger Off Hand

• Crippling talon 2-3 charges

Longbow

• Hunter’s Shot – 2 charges

Sharpening Stone

• 5 charges, 2 bleeds on next attack per charge – though not sure how to work out the Wilderness Knowledge trait – perhaps on first charge?

Edit: Unless… a rework of most survival skills and the trait itself:

Wilderness Knowledge has condi removal reduced to 1 but

• Muddy terrain gains 2-3 charges
  • Sharpening stone gets charges too
  • Lightning Reflexes gains 2 charges

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

I’m curious how this will work with Quick Draw. Maybe they rework this trait so that skills get an additional charge when it activates. But I doubt it since anet hates interesting traits and loves boons concerning ranger balance. Probably stays as it is.

(edited by beatthedown.2651)

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

What does that mean exactly?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Some skills are getting rebalanced,
Some of them are getting increased recharges,
But they are allowed to build up charges,
And the charges can be used back to back with short cooldowns inbetween.

So currently X skill has 15sec cd but now X skill has a 30second recharge but can build upto 3 charges that can be used on 8sec recharge.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Thanks Justine.

And how do you build up or earn these charges? Do you have a global ‘pool’ of them to spend on skills or what?

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Thanks Justine.

And how do you build up or earn these charges? Do you have a global ‘pool’ of them to spend on skills or what?

Some skills gain ALL of their charges at the same time like the deadeye elite, and then there’s other skills that build up the charges individually.

EX: deadeye elite has a 2 charge elite, once you use the first charge it begins to “recharge” and then after the 45s or w/e it is you gain both charges back and it resets to having 2 charges. However if it worked the other way you’d only gain 1 charge back after the recharge timer is up.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Thanks Justine.

There are a select few skills that have charges, each of them has its own “ammo” and you earn it over time.

For example, the new Mirage elite holds 3 ammo and has a 20s ammo recharge. It’s a ground-targeted shadowstep. So, you can spend all charges back to back to teleport up to 3 times, and every 20s you get 1 charge back.

They are bringing that system to some core weapon skills and utilities.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

But, isn’t it simply to prevent Deadeye from spending all his initiative on his rifle skills?

Since other classes don’t have initiative, they won’t need ammunition. They already have skill cooldowns.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Justine.6351

But, isn’t it simply to prevent Deadeye from spending all his initiative on his rifle skills?

Since other classes don’t have initiative, they won’t need ammunition. They already have skill cooldowns.

One reason they might add it is,

It’s a way to balance skill CD with a long recharge for more upfront usage.

Take Time Warp for example. People hold it in reserve because of it’s long recharge. Now we add 60 seconds to it’s recharge but allow it to build 2 charges with a 90 second recharge between charge use. Now people will use it more upfront more often.

People use time warp on a 90 second recharge right now with chronomancer.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Ok that makes it more interesting. But I still don’t see them change all these skills.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Exciting times, let’s hope we keep our heads above the water.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Ammunition mechanic will drop with the big balance change together with a major trait overhaul and the barrier mechanic.
It functions like this: You have charges on skills and you can use them without a CD, but with a recharge rate of the charges itself. Lets say throw torch has 2 charges and a 8s ICD. You can use tgrow torch twice in a row but have to wait the ICD of 8s to get a new charge.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Ammunition mechanic will drop with the big balance change together with a major trait overhaul and the barrier mechanic.
It functions like this: You have charges on skills and you can use them without a CD, but with a recharge rate of the charges itself. Lets say throw torch has 2 charges and a 8s ICD. You can use tgrow torch twice in a row but have to wait the ICD of 8s to get a new charge.

no they still have cool downs in between use, just smaller than the charge cool down.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Ok that makes it more interesting. But I still don’t see them change all these skills.

Nah they just doing select few.

2 known examples to core skills are Warrior’s Axe 3 gets 2 charges and the Kick utility skill gets 3.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

RabbitUp.8294

no they still have cool downs in between use, just smaller than the charge cool down.

It’s different between each skill, some of them have none.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

but do we know for sure it will affect the ranger?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

but do we know for sure it will affect the ranger?

I wouldn’t find it unlikely that ranger would get some of their skills reworked to hold charges. Like mentioned, there’s some obvious candidates where it would fit in. In my opinion, they’re likely to be added to skills that are currently a bit lack luster.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

spirits, signets, and traps would be the obvious choices. they are so bad right now. regarding weapons, probably Path of Scars, MH axe, OH dagger, and some SB abilities could use charges.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

spirits, signets, and traps would be the obvious choices. they are so bad right now. regarding weapons, probably Path of Scars, MH axe, OH dagger, and some SB abilities could use charges.

I would LOVE spirit actives and traps, I also have a feeling Anet is going to give “thrown” skills charges like Dagger 5 and Axe 4 given what we know.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Ohhh resource building mechanics… how about we lessen cooldowns across the board and tone down damage on some skills, and not kill the fast paced nature of the game by increasing cooldowns on our limited skills on the bar…

Why does this team think clunky stuff and resource management = engaging?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Ohhh resource building mechanics… how about we lessen cooldowns across the board and tone down damage on some skills, and not kill the fast paced nature of the game by increasing cooldowns on our limited skills on the bar…

I mean, ammo would be cooler cause sure it’d have a “longer” CD in the grand scheme of things, but it’d have a shorter CD between skill uses which means it’s a shorter CD in short term, but longer CD overall.

Let’s say PoS has 3 ammo, you’d be able to PoS 3 times a lot faster than usual, but AFTER that 3rd use you’d be waiting longer before the next one due to having no charges.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I mean, ammo would be cooler cause sure it’d have a “longer” CD in the grand scheme of things, but it’d have a shorter CD between skill uses which means it’s a shorter CD in short term, but longer CD overall.

Let’s say PoS has 3 ammo, you’d be able to PoS 3 times a lot faster than usual, but AFTER that 3rd use you’d be waiting longer before the next one due to having no charges.

Maybe I’m just annoyed today, but I’m tired of anet trying to be different… The game should be fun and fast paced, with less looking at and fiddling with the UI… Sick of the funky stuff the devs try to do because it just ends up clunky and distracting… I don’t want to be micromanaging all these wacky and different designs per profession or elite, and these designs cause a lot of unbalanced play per class.

The devs are trying too hard to be unique, and things ends up subpar most of the time. Takes them forever to make changes and improvements, and they also ignore rational input from players to help make professions play and feel good. The devs don’t dig back in to the trenches to make great changes, they take the easier route and package it as an improvement. I highly doubt this “ammo” stuff will improve the funky designs we already have to fiddle with.

Edit- and professions and skills are built for pve, so I should probably stop caring at this point and save myself the frustration.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Is this confirmed? Are we getting the big pre-expansion/summer balance pass tomorrow?

Attachments:

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Is this confirmed? Are we getting the big pre-expansion/summer balance pass tomorrow?

Yup

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Yup

Attachments:

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

RabbitUp.8294

There’s no resource management. And the whole point of charges is to make combat more fast paced by giving you the option to either have low-cooldown skills, or spam more charges at the cost of longer cooldown.

The mesmer elite for example, you can either spend 1 charge at a time, so it’s a 20sec shadowstep, or you spend all of them for a triple shadowstep, but it will take 60s to get all charges back.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

@Swagger, I think it’ll make it more fast paced and kinda easier, it’ll allow you to do some sick bursty plays at the cost of a longer CD, or just kinda sustain it.

Way more excited for charges for PvP than PvE.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Wonder if pet F2 will have charges…

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

There’s no resource management. And the whole point of charges is to make combat more fast paced by giving you the option to either have low-cooldown skills, or spam more charges at the cost of longer cooldown.

The mesmer elite for example, you can either spend 1 charge at a time, so it’s a 20sec shadowstep, or you spend all of them for a triple shadowstep, but it will take 60s to get all charges back.

Are you talking about the Mesmer Blink skill?

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

RabbitUp.8294

Are you talking about the Mesmer Blink skill?

Mirage’s elite, called Jaunt, is what I was describing.

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: GUFF.5692

GUFF.5692

Wonder if pet F2 will have charges…

That would be epic.

I hope signets get them too. I’m OK with longer cool downs actually. May make taking Brutish Seals trait in MM actually worth it.

Sarhaz [CDS]

I was a ranger before shortbow had 1200m range AND after it didn’t…

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I haven’t seen that.

I’ve seen some utility and F skills get charges. Haven’t seen that on any weapon skills yet.

EDIT : They’ve apparently shown a weapon ability with charges.

(edited by Caeledh.5437)

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I haven’t seen that.

I’ve seen some utility and F skills get charges. Haven’t seen that on any weapon skills yet.

Warrior axe 3

Ammunition Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Warrior axe 3

Well there we go then. Not surprised I missed it. I barely pay any attention to that prof.

So that means other prof weapon abilities could get charges? Mmmm.