Ammunition on traps!

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: Siwo Sowa.6982

Siwo Sowa.6982

Ranger traps are quite underwhelming now, we could make them a bit more viable through this new ammunition mechanic. Anet already said they want to add ammunition to existing skills. I think traps are perfect for it. Thoughts?

Ranger

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

That it would be overpowered and stupid?

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I will not settle for less than 5 charges on Spike Trap.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: Siwo Sowa.6982

Siwo Sowa.6982

That it would be overpowered and stupid?

Exactly

Ranger

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

If you throw a 2nd trap, the first trap is removed. You’ve to rewrite the whole teapping system for ammunition on traps

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If you throw a 2nd trap, the first trap is removed. You’ve to rewrite the whole teapping system for ammunition on traps

Not necessarily, as long as the CD between charges is around 30-50% CD of a charge CD, it’s fine. Allows for you to lay a trap immediately after one has triggered but if you panic or kitten play, then you lose a trap.

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I think we need a trap ult, as in: if you step in it, and don’t have a condi wipe, you die. and for them to have additional functions, kind of like survival utilities with WK. additional charges wouldn’t solve our problems.

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Most traps are fine, they just need some tweaking in numbers.

The skill type that could definitely benefit from charges/ammo is…

Spirit skills. Now they sacrifice after a single use – give them 2 charges (especially since now there aren’t cooldown reduction traits, the elite spirit is on 120s CD…)

The spirits need rework in general. I understand they don’t want mobile spirits (why.) BUT

They should at LEAST make them ground-targeted AND immune to hard CCs – I mean they’re (underwhelming version) Banners/Turrets and whenever they get knocked back a thousand units behind from their spot the allies lose the effect.

Fun observation: So they granted a boon sharing trait but removed mobility, so that makes them similar but weaker than Herald Facets.

Now with Renegade they’re giving summons to Revenants. Why are similar but much stronger.

Revenants are the new Spirit Rangers.

Ammunition on traps!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I think we need a trap ult, as in: if you step in it, and don’t have a condi wipe, you die. and for them to have additional functions, kind of like survival utilities with WK. additional charges wouldn’t solve our problems.

It would be nice if you could trait traps to give a small amount of stability whenever you lay down a trap. It would help tremendously with the trapper ranger’s extreme vulnerability to being chain controlled due to the lack of stunbreakers. Especially since you usually want Entangle for traps to keep the enemy in the traps longer and won’t have a stability source as a result.