Amount of Condition Damage

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrazel.7085

Chrazel.7085

How much would be too much? Is it worth going over 1000 for PvE and WvW?

(edited by Chrazel.7085)

in Ranger

Posted by: wipol.1528

wipol.1528

Depends… If you play a BM Condition Bunker, i would say pretty high.. At least 1200 without stacks..

Sorry for my bad english ;)

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

You need to play with your conditions cleverly, I like to have 800~900 so that I can put more of those stats into power/survival. If you are doing high condition damage and not failing in other areas then I would say you’re doing well. One thing I do notice with condition builds is the lack of vitality, so you have to play around with that too.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You need to play with your conditions cleverly, I like to have 800~900 so that I can put more of those stats into power/survival. If you are doing high condition damage and not failing in other areas then I would say you’re doing well. One thing I do notice with condition builds is the lack of vitality, so you have to play around with that too.

Lol I must be the only condition ranger whose condi build has over 20k health xD.

@OP I -normally- use Carrion EVERYTHING for my condi builds because who needs crits? I really wish they had a Soldiers Armor that had condi dmg instead of power though… Oh I’d be able to die happy =D

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.7951

TheLaughingMan.7951

When I ran trap/condition build, I had around 22k health and 1600ish buffed condition damage.

Zrun
Former NSP, now on GOM! http://www.youtube.com/user/umdsmith/videos

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

You’re not the only one Durzilla. :P

I try to stick to a simple baseline in stats – 1500 Condition Damage, at least 1500 in Power, Precision and Toughness, and at least 20k HP. Once I finish swapping out my current trinkets for ascended, I’ll make it no problem. You can also use food and oils to finish the gaps. This is what my stats look like.

Personally, if you’re going condition damage, go all in – as long as you hit those plateaus on your other stats.

Attachments:

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

When I ran trap/condition build, I had around 22k health and 1600ish buffed condition damage.

WOOT!! I’m not alone xD, I sure as hell am the only ranger who went like 20 into NM though xD.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Perhaps you missed my build that went 30 into NM :-p

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Yeah I have a pretty strong toughness/condition build going around, perhaps I need to compromise a small bit of that into vitality cause it’s lacking on me… new accessories here we go!

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

This chart/page should prove insanely useful for gauging how much condition damage you want: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Damage

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

A good rule of thumb, when your build is based on power or condition damage, is getting as close as possible to x200 (meaning 2200 power or 1200 condition damage). If your build is based more on critical chance, you can afford to have less power. If you have around 50% condition duration, you still want around 1000 condition damage. But as long as you feel you have a balanced build; the more damage the better =)

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I hit 2k condition damage the other day (buffed). Burns were ticking for about 850. I prefer the self proclaimed op ascended gear +condi +tough +vit +prec (very small amount of precision) as it makes you and insane tank while dishing out the highest condi damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

If you’re lazy to do the math on this (like I am) you can have a look at this. Pretty self explanatory. 1200 condition damage will get you 100 tick bleeds and 200 tick poison as well as 628 burning. It also is useful for condi builds to get on siege. 1500 for most stats (apart from heal I guess) is pretty nice and gives a well rounded ranger. 1500 condition damage is a lot of you use some condition weapons like axe/dagger/torch/shortbow.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

(edited by nagymbear.5280)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I hit 2k condition damage the other day (buffed). Burns were ticking for about 850. I prefer the self proclaimed op ascended gear +condi +tough +vit +prec (very small amount of precision) as it makes you and insane tank while dishing out the highest condi damage.

They have that O.o?!? I know what armor set I’m going for!!

in Ranger

Chrazel.7085

I would race but going for legendary :P

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Oh noes, I might have to actually PvE so I can switch my gear. O.O

I hate PvE. <sad face>

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in Ranger

Chrazel.7085

If you’re lazy to do the math on this (like I am) you can have a look at this

Very helpful, thanks

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

You’re not the only one Durzilla. :P

I try to stick to a simple baseline in stats – 1500 Condition Damage, at least 1500 in Power, Precision and Toughness, and at least 20k HP. Once I finish swapping out my current trinkets for ascended, I’ll make it no problem. You can also use food and oils to finish the gaps. This is what my stats look like.

Personally, if you’re going condition damage, go all in – as long as you hit those plateaus on your other stats.

Oh wtf! I’m so jelaous of your guild emblem why am i in a guild with a kittening pony for? >.<

in Ranger

Posted by: Jarul.8635

Jarul.8635

WOOT!! I’m not alone xD, I sure as hell am the only ranger who went like 20 into NM though xD.

No your not :p

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

With full corruption, you will have nearly 1900 condi dmg if you use rabid or carrion. What this means is that you’ll get a lot of bags in wvw with traps. Good luck!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”