Ancient Seeds x 5, 1 target.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Q:

Ancient Seeds can proc more than once if all the hits are simultaneous. Example: Lunar Blast followed by Natural Convergence = Ancient Seeds AoE.

Applying this same phenomenon to only 3 targets, how can you stack 20 bleeds shared across all 3 (ex: 1+3+16 bleeds) using only 2 button presses and the ancient seeds trait? No auto attacks needed from either you or your pet.

There are many ways to do this, but I’m looking for 1 answer in particular. As a result I will add hints till someone figures it out

If you CC a target and hit them with split blade or poison volley it procs all the ancient seeds on that same target. Doing this you can CC and use axe or sb 2 and proc 5 ancient seeds on your 1 target.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

A:

Shortbow 2 Poison Volley.
Edit: Shortbow 5 Concussion Shot or Glyph of Equality used first.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

(edited by My Sweet Lily.1952)

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Entangle with sunless rune + spike trap.

or vice versa

of course you have sharpened edges traited. (might be more than 20)

2 Buttons.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

I mean you can get 20 bleed stacks on 1 target with 1 button press (I just tried and got to 26, more is possible). You really need to get more specific if you want us to guess your special way.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

(edited by Eirh.1439)

in Ranger

Posted by: goda.3572

goda.3572

glyph of tides in af?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Sharpen edges+sigil of earth+spike trap Axe/Axe.

spike trap>PoS>split blade(roots all 3 hit by spike trap)(as they pull in)>Whirling defences>swap SB>SB3 leap back > volly shot+AA works great vs 3 targets.

although the main issure here is the 3 targets need to be frontal facing so the split blade works and vollyshot can trigger bleed crits, but can still do the combo vs foes AoE just only those in front will suffer the splitblade+volly crit bleeds.

volly shot + AAis just top top up the bleeds as they start to trickle out of durations.

so for two buttons i would guess Spike trap+whirling defences (traited with Sharpening stones and Sigil of earth) 6 plus 8 average crits from WD 14 bleeds? with a weapon swap for geomany it reaches 17 bleeds maybe 20 if you get lucky with your crit chances then ancient seeds will trigger vs all those caught by spike trap+WD as they ether pass through or root in by ancient seeds adding +3 averging out to 20 bleeds.

no need for entangles.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you are suggesting ancient seeds’ roots are each hitting more than 1 target you are mistaken. I just tested by clumping 3-5 foes together and hitting them with ancient seeds and they all suffered expected bleeds stack.

Getting 20+ bleed stacks on 3-5 targets with 2 buttons has many solutions sadly ;-(

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Spike Trap + Entangle. (+Sharpened Edges)
What did I win?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Spike Trap + Entangle. (+Sharpened Edges)
What did I win?

Nothing without Madking runes. And even then nothing cause he has some super secret special way of doing it apparently.

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Entangle with rune of the mad king probably would exceed 20.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

I didn’t expect someone to figure it out that fast but I was gonna add things like you don’t need precision, or that I meant by ancient seeds and 2 buttons I meant that as the ONLY trait, no runes, etc.

in Ranger

UnitedChaos.8364

I didn’t expect someone to figure it out that fast but I was gonna add things like you don’t need precision, or that I meant by ancient seeds and 2 buttons I meant that as the ONLY trait, no runes, etc.

Entangle is 1 button press with mad king rune effect.
I still don’t see how your actual answer is correct though.

Concussion shot or Glphy = stun on up to 5 targets, fine. (0 bleeds).
Poison volley = (0) bleeds but triggers ancient seeds (5) bleeds per target, if it hits everyone simultaneously. So if you hit 3 targets concurrently it’s 15 bleeds, not 20. Unless I’m missing something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’m going to pray to Wolf for this not to be “fixed” (nerfed).

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I’m going to pray to Wolf for this not to be “fixed” (nerfed).

While I could see it getting fixed, with the amount of stability and immob clearing it kinda makes Ancient Seeds pointless against anything other than another Ranger or Necro.

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Poison volley = (0) bleeds but triggers ancient seeds (5) bleeds per target, if it hits everyone simultaneously. So if you hit 3 targets concurrently it’s 15 bleeds, not 20. Unless I’m missing something.

It works even against 1 target. Hitting Poison Volley on a dazed target in melee range procs 5 roots on that 1 target, causing them to gain 5 stacks of bleed each second, which adds up to 20 fast.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It works even against 1 target. Hitting Poison Volley on a dazed target in melee range procs 5 roots on that 1 target, causing them to gain 5 stacks of bleed each second, which adds up to 20 fast.

Yeah, not to mention the split-blade or poison volley that originally proc’d it :P

NSPride <3

in Ranger

UnitedChaos.8364

Ah. I just tested that out with Sharpening Stone, Glyph of Equality, and Splitblade. 30 stacks.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I assume no one is casually walking out of that with -% immobilize duration.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Thing is almost all builds have that -immob duration

Geomancer’s Freedom
Dogged March
Chrono gm minor trait
etc.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Not if you stun, launch, or knock them down first. Although not perfect, the immobs do stack since there are multiple roots on the person. If the person was an NPC, they would be immob’d long enough that I believe you can immob them again with the same trick which would be 10s later due to the ICD of Ancient Seeds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

I can offer

PathOfScars > Splitblade
SpikeTrap>Splitblade

BTW seed has awesome synergy with skull-cracker warrior or GS/HAMMER warrior in WvW.

And BTW Viper will solve ANY problem with -% immobilize duration.