Ancient Seeds

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

First I want to say I don’t want this trait to be nerfed, but I can’t help but feel like its going to get the nerf bat next balance patch.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

actually i can see the reasons why:

• you can kill the roots with a couple of autos.
  • if you are with swiftness the roots are too slow to affect you.
  • you can escape with one cleanse.
  • resistance makes you immune to the roots.
  • condition reduction over 30% makes you immune to the roots if the caster doesn’t have any condi duration.
  • you can blink out of them.
  • you can teleport out of them.
  • you can shadowstep out of them.
  • stability also negate the effect of the roots.

So yeah, druids use ancient seeds not because that trait is amazing but because you have to choose one and that one is the one that suck less. What’s the alternative? the one designed for raids? or the nerfed to oblivion lingering light?

As long as the roots do the same you will still be trapped on them because druids will keep using that trait how is supposed to.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Starting to get the feeling that you are a mian necro that really hates to get rooted(works best on necros), therefore spamming this idea of Ancient Seeds getting nerfed out of wishful thinking.
Am I right?

As I comment you before on this subject, the only combo Ancient Seeds is really good ATM is with LB 4 followed by RF, not sure it deserves a nerf.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

On the contrary, I’ve started using it a lot recently and I’ve found it to be an incredibly fun trait.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Cant believe I clicked on this thread thinking it was actually something and not just another “op druid” crybaby thread, veiled or not.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

I would really like it to be changed. Immobilize is such a wonky thing in GW2, anyway. As far as I know, stun breaks don’t actually break immobilize. Or they bug often. Or it has something to do with how this trait pulses immobilize, which I think should be changed.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Cant believe I clicked on this thread thinking it was actually something and not just another “op druid” crybaby thread, veiled or not.

This. Literally move after you get hit and you probably won’t get hit by it. Otherwise, auto-attack the vines like twice to end it early.

You probably already do it on accident with weapon cleave. Ancient Seeds is an excellent clutch tool, but it’s by no means OP.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I would really like it to be changed. Immobilize is such a wonky thing in GW2, anyway. As far as I know, stun breaks don’t actually break immobilize. Or they bug often. Or it has something to do with how this trait pulses immobilize, which I think should be changed.

Why would a stun break cleanse a condition?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’d like stunbreaks to break/cleanse immobilize as well, condition or not. But hey, that’s just mho.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I really don’t see a reason for this trait get nerfed. It has a decent cooldown now, 10 seconds and we don’t have a reliable CC source to proc it on cooldown. Maybe longbow #4, but i don’t see a reason.
And its the only worthy pick GM trait in druid line. If they nerf it, better buff something else like Lingering Light. I could imagine uses for that if buffed, maybe applying weakness instead or along with blind.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

First I want to say I don’t want this trait to be nerfed, but I can’t help but feel like its going to get the nerf bat next balance patch.

Awesome in PvE, and counterable in PvP, why should the y nerf it o.O

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Awesome in PvE, and counterable in PvP, why should the y nerf it o.O

If they roots worked aswell as they look they should on paper, they would be obnoxiously op. For some people the roots do work against them and so they are obnoxiously op.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

In PvP this trait destroys necs, but its generally bad against anything else

M I L K B O I S

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

It only destroys BAD necs. Really really noobs no-knowing what i am doing necros.

I fought against a lot of necros you can not pin down with this one time trick. More everyday, when they move from the last season ultimate DPS to something more durable with some cleanses.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

It only destroys BAD necs. Really really noobs no-knowing what i am doing necros.

I fought against a lot of necros you can not pin down with this one time trick. More everyday, when they move from the last season ultimate DPS to something more durable with some cleanses.

Obv im talking about meta build, not what ppl likes to play. Ancient seeds hurts necro rly bad, nothing to do with being good or bad nec, but the build itself (0 condi cleanse, 0 cleave and 0 stab unless u use high cds, and leave you susceptible to even easier focus fire)

M I L K B O I S

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

I’d like stunbreaks to break/cleanse immobilize as well, condition or not. But hey, that’s just mho.

Right, what I’m trying to say is I think it’s dumb that stun breaks don’t remove immob. I think they should.

Ancient Seeds

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Right, what I’m trying to say is I think it’s dumb that stun breaks don’t remove immob. I think they should.

There is probably a reason they dont. Something to bypass stability.