And what if Druid is really bad?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I mean after all this time playing with a class that is plagued of crippling bugs, defective AI companions, being subpar in any area of the game (5th in damage output out of 6?) or
not asking or listening the community of players when changes were applied ending up even in a worse spot than before

After seeing all this disgust about some of the druid details… What would happen if Irenio just decided to go ahead with the exclusively healing theme leaving the druid role only for raid (until ventari comes around)?
Would the ranger sub forums and any opinion website about HoT become a radioactive zone with the angry mob grabbing the pitchforks asking for blood?

Not talking about rerolling another character but about the reactions of the people when they see the druid is another bummer.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Extra heals will be useful in PvP and WvW, I couldn’t care less about PvE. I just hope celestial form is something that can be used as often as death shroud. If it takes so long to charge it that I can only use it once in a PvP match I will be pretty kittened off.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I think the rate of building celestial force will be decent, because most of the time we’re healing and doing damage simultaneously. we’ll find out in a few days.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I think the rate of building celestial force will be decent, because most of the time we’re healing and doing damage simultaneously. we’ll find out in a few days.

I mean… it kind of has to be for the class not to be broken right? There is still just that lingering fear that they will screw it up.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Extra heals will be useful in PvP and WvW, I couldn’t care less about PvE. I just hope celestial form is something that can be used as often as death shroud. If it takes so long to charge it that I can only use it once in a PvP match I will be pretty kittened off.

ok, you are thinking the Druid as it is not. For sustain strong healing you have Ventari. Roy stated so. And sustained strong healing is what you need in PvP – WvW.
Druid is Burst healing and that is sporadically being able to heal you for 1000%.

Seriously i don’t see any reasons why would you choose Druid over Ventari.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

My fear is that if you don’t build to heal, then maybe you won’t get enough celestial force, I saw tons of heal with staff and some glyps, but what if I don’t want to use staff? What will be my sources of healing? So in the end druid may end being go healer or go home and that is all I don’t want, being pigeonholed in 1 role/gameplay.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Puck.9612

ok, you are thinking the Druid as it is not. For sustain strong healing you have Ventari. Roy stated so. And sustained strong healing is what you need in PvP – WvW.
Druid is Burst healing and that is sporadically being able to heal you for 1000%.

I already have a ton of sustain through low cooldown burst heal, regen, block, evade, cc, body blocking from pets, super speed to help me kite around on point, protection, weakness, and an invuln to direct damage. Having another way to burst heal is just icing on the cake.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

My fear is that if you don’t build to heal, then maybe you won’t get enough celestial force, I saw tons of heal with staff and some glyps, but what if I don’t want to use staff? What will be my sources of healing? So in the end druid may end being go healer or go home and that is all I don’t want, being pigeonholed in 1 role/gameplay.

I don’t see any reason why traited shouts shouldn’t work

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

On the other end are people like me who really couldn’t give two * about WvW/PvP but still want to use the Druid in PVE because, surprise, we paid for it with HoT. Extra heals just aren’t needed in PVE, we have enough already. So, it’s may be needed for new content and it’s only going to be content that has unavoidable damage (which I’m not a fan of since I love the active combat and passive damage is boring just like passive support).

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I think the healing is going to be terrible because of the tiny radius on all healing skills. It’s like we got a bunch of extra Invigorating Bond skills.

However, the staff should still be good. Can’t go wrong with that beam auto-attack if the damage is good, because it doesn’t act like a projectile. So if Longbow can’t deal with all the new reflects, we can replace it with Staff (or switch to Staff if you use them together). The Wisp Form on staff will also be great as long as it evades attacks. The movement speed trait and extra condition removal will also be useful.

It’s also pretty heavy on control skills with daze, knockback and immobilize.

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

WvW has always relied on burst healing. You know those regroups where everyone blasts a water field? That’s burst healing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I don’t see any reason why traited shouts shouldn’t work

I hope that regen applied by the druid counts, if so it will be awesome, I already use 3 shouts in my current build.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

WvW has always relied on burst healing. You know those regroups where everyone blasts a water field? That’s burst healing.

I do play WvW with healing spring ( a really obvious water field) and the only one blasting those is me.
I would say WvW relies in stacking might and fury more than burst healing. The only times i’ve seen a water ele is to drop the hamme.. i mean the icebow
Sustainable healing is the thing in WvW because usually you are not stacking when fighting another zerg.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I do play WvW with healing spring ( a really obvious water field) and the only one blasting those is me.
I would say WvW relies in stacking might and fury more than burst healing. The only times i’ve seen a water ele is to drop the hamme.. i mean the icebow
Sustainable healing is the thing in WvW because usually you are not stacking when fighting another zerg.

I’ve played in NA t1 through t4 and in 3 years I’ve never been in a zerg, raid, or havoc squad where the leader/commander didn’t call for water regroups.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

I’ve played in NA t1 through t4 and in 3 years I’ve never been in a zerg, raid, or havoc squad where the leader/commander didn’t call for water regroups.

That’s the difference between NA an EU. I have yet to see a pirate ship. But maybe that is because my server is deserted and we are at most like 5-7 guys under a commander, so we can’t stack under a meteor storm.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

The funny thing is the in the revenant forum there are people worried because druid is much better than Ventari legend.
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

norn warrior

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Honnestly, I think the druid spec will grant a near broken suvivability to the ranger. Yeah, I’m not considering the sporadic healing support to hypothetic team mate, just the obvious broken fact that the Druid will have 3 personnal heal (2 from celestial form and the regular heal skill), a lot of CC and still access to things like survival skill and stone signet. Basically, you will be able to gear as a glass canon, dish out awesome dps and double your survivability compared to the regular ranger.

So if he is bad at healing, he will still be good at being a very resilient DPS.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Honnestly, I think the druid spec will grant a near broken suvivability to the ranger. Yeah, I’m not considering the sporadic healing support to hypothetic team mate, just the obvious broken fact that the Druid will have 3 personnal heal (2 from celestial form and the regular heal skill), a lot of CC and still access to things like survival skill and stone signet. Basically, you will be able to gear as a glass canon, dish out awesome dps and double your survivability compared to the regular ranger.

So if he is bad at healing, he will still be good at being a very resilient DPS.

Mmm we still has to see how the avatar works. For what is written in the website you only can get into avatar state when the bar is full. and with the minimal recharge it has from damage maybe you are better off without it.
Also don’t forget that the DPS in ranger is already subpar and Druid will not improve it.

Also as i stated i think is a bad idea to allow the avatar state to be just and only the healing skill of a meta zerker ranger. It would be advantageous for me, sure, but i’m looking to make the Druid fun to play not make that class a joke we use only to heal our glass cannon ranger. That would become such a waste… wouldn’t be it ?

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Dadnir.5038

You’re not wrong but that would fit perfectly with the mindset of a large part of the ranger community. So…
Although, nothing say that going out of the celestial form deplete all your astral force. For what we know, signet of the wild and natural healing could act as a perma regen of astral force, which mean roughly 5% per second as long as you got a pet alive (Though signet of the wild also heal you, which potentially mean 7.5%). But that’s only theory…

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It’s hard to say Druid will be good in real organized PVP.

A supposedly healer without stun-break, stability, block, protection, might.. hmmm…

I think most people would use the trait-line and ditch the entire glyph / staff thingy in real PVP. How “un-Druid” to ditch everything Druid has :P

Can we call it a design flaw?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Celestial form gets powered by healing. So if you want to use it often, go full healer or go home.

in Ranger

Dadnir.5038

Celestial form gets powered by healing. So if you want to use it often, go full healer or go home.

Celestial form don’t get powered up by healing. without any regard on the heal value, you will gain 2.5% astral force whenever you apply some green numbers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

I believe it gets powered from damage as well. Going off memory here if’n I’m wrong. Lazy…

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Ranger

Puck.9612

And if I’m running a zoo build with traited HaO I can be applying regen to 4 characters (including myself) while fighting on point. If just 1 teammate shouted up I will be healing 5 characters. I imagine that will help fill up my cele bar quite a bit.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

I believe it gets powered from damage as well. Going off memory here if’n I’m wrong. Lazy…

Yeah, but IIRC it’s only .25% from damage as opposed to 2.5% for healing. So, yeah, they want you to fill it with healing, not DPS.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Druid is already really bad for ppl who created their ranger with the intent on BEING A RANGER.

A mobile skrimisher/long range DPS character

This reveal effectively says –
“we don’t know how to fix ranger, so we will just make something entirely NEW as close as possible with an entire new class mechanic and a new role for you to play”

They did NOTHING with pets – NOTHING about our medicore to below avg DPS/support utilities for groups

ANET went above and beyond and just created a new class basically because of the fact they just can’t seem to fix the rangers core issues.

For those of you who like to play a healer focused class, good for you, you got what you want.

For me and many others who wanted to play RANGER, we will be re-rolling until the next elite spec reveal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I mean after all this time playing with a class that is plagued of crippling bugs, defective AI companions, being subpar in any area of the game (5th in damage output out of 6?) or
not asking or listening the community of players when changes were applied ending up even in a worse spot than before

After seeing all this disgust about some of the druid details… What would happen if Irenio just decided to go ahead with the exclusively healing theme leaving the druid role only for raid (until ventari comes around)?
Would the ranger sub forums and any opinion website about HoT become a radioactive zone with the angry mob grabbing the pitchforks asking for blood?

Not talking about rerolling another character but about the reactions of the people when they see the druid is another bummer.

Half of the threads on the forum are raving that the Druid is the greatest thing since individually wrapped cheese, and no one has even played it yet. I am predicting at least half of those people to be joining the angry mob by Monday, but who knows? No one’s played it yet, so we don’t actually know if the Druid is good or bad.