Anet fix GS 4 Counter atack

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

this skill dont block/counterkick 100blades or pistol whip fix it ..

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Really now? Does a Warrior’s shield block also have this problem?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s supposed to do so Atherakhia. On successfull melee block, it kick the target, knocking it back for 300. Problem is, animation is very slow and you still take damage while performing kick ability. Either make it faster or give it evade for duration of kick animation.
As for 100b or pistol whip…I believe it does knock attacker off, however due to long cast time, you still take damage from these skills during the animation. Never seen any other issue with this skill.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s supposed to do so Atherakhia. On successfull melee block, it kick the target, knocking it back for 300. Problem is, animation is very slow and you still take damage while performing kick ability. Either make it faster or give it evade for duration of kick animation.
As for 100b or pistol whip…I believe it does knock attacker off, however due to long cast time, you still take damage from these skills during the animation. Never seen any other issue with this skill.

Ahh. I see what you’re getting at.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

difference between shield block and counter attack is that shield block attack all the time while counter attack block 1st hit and then it should kick target off ..which result in all dmg going to person using that skill and not kicking target off .. which means skill doesn’t work properly

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Yeah, I always found it a very slow counterattack, giving many attacks 1 – 3 hits on you before you swing. Hell, a mobile opponent can dodge the counter attack by simply backing up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Craig.2403

Craig.2403

Also, pistol whip has an evade frame to it, so you might just be kicking in the evade frame, in which case it’s not gs4’s fault. Never had a problem vs hundred blades, though I do take a bit of the attack.

Bummkin – ranger | Netherdark – thief | Crescor – mesmer | Gears Up – engi
[TFI]

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

I have this love/hate relationship with the GS-4 in general.

Sometimes, it works exactly like I expect it too, where I block ranged attacks, then have someone close the distance and get to punt them away from me… but for every time that actually happens, it feels like there are half a dozen times when it fails to knock them back, or the knockback is avoided easily, or it doesn’t fire off because the attack was technically not the proper kind of attack to knockback, or a random ‘melee’ attack ruins the more important ranged block aspect etc…

There are a lot of times where I really just wish it was a plain old block attacks for it’s duration, the end.

I also have the same feeling towards the optional GS-4 throw attack. It’s so telegraphed and slow that the number of times I’ve honestly chucked it, hit someone and genuinely slowed them down with it could probably be counted on one hand.

Really, the GS-4 skill is like a microcosm of the ranger class itself. When it works right, it really works right and you feel like the best player ever… but it usually doesn’t work right and you sorta get all these half baked ideas that should in theory mesh, but in reality often come short.

/shrug

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

For the versatility of the skill I say it is worth it. It is almost a weapon in itself. Though I do wish the counter attack could be used whenever I would miss the GS throw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dabilahro.8094

Dabilahro.8094

On an unrelated rant;
The counter attack when used on human males (idk about other race/genders) isnt a kick… its a swordslap… stab it in the ground and kick away the opponent like the human females do..

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Norn female performs best counterattack animation, no doubt. Bruce Lee style.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I have a bigger issue with the root you get on GS5, the problems with GS4 aren’t that big, I think its a good ability.