Antitoxin spray

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-29-2013/
Antitoxin Spray
Prepare for battle with a new universal healing skill! A dose of this cutting-edge Antitoxin Spray will cleanse yourself and nearby allies of poison, torment, confusion, and toxin. This skill is available to characters of all professions.

Rangers are often valued for their healing spring. Do you guys think this new skill will de-value healing spring? Especially after the nerf to vigorous renewal?

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

indubitably….

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Shinra.9348

Shinra.9348

I don’t think this will effect anything really for us, I mean eles already have condi removal on regen and swap into water and lots of people run Soldier runes so if anything this might just make soloing as a ranger a bit easier.

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

Too early to tell healing spring is still a 10sec water field with continuos condition removal…

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Wait, what is that toxin thing? Is that a new condition? I don’t think we need any more condis.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

This new skill will most likely:

• Heal for the same or less than Healing Spring
  • Not heal our pets
  • Not generate a water field

So, unless this new “toxin” condition is too dangerous to ignore, and can only be cleansed by this new skill (the most likely scenario) I won’t be using it.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Toxin will be a PvE npc skill only. A new condition will not be added to the game. Conditions are already OP.

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Toxin will be a PvE npc skill only. A new condition will not be added to the game. Conditions are already OP.

unless you have proof of this statement it’s as valid as me saying that warriors wont get anymore buffs because they’re already “OP”, and we all know that’s a load of kitten…

A new condi would not be bad, especially if, as a lot of people are thinking, toxin will be a condi version of vulnerability, if this were to exist they could then nerf condi damage so it doesn’t hurt as badly as it does now if toxin isn’t present on the target, but make it hurt more when toxin is present, which would allow condi builds to not be totally garbage in PvE, create synergy between condi builds, and put them into line at the same time in PvP.

That being said, i think condis are fine as is and the new one should be more like how Disease was in GW1, aka it would spread through a group of enemies like wildfire and once it got going it just wouldn’t stop…. ah disease… how i miss you…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Until we get more info on the radius, heal amount, and cooldown I think it’s a bit early to start putting more nails in the Ranger coffin.

This will obviously be better in the new content areas where we will likely see Toxin spammed mercilessly, but probably won’t be versatile enough in other areas to outshine existing heals.

Healing spring also gives regen and nothing implies that the healing will be an aoe like the condition purge.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Well. Lets just say. If they added toxin and a new heal into the tPvP scene. Everyone would quit and I think they are aware of that.

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

Need a krait pet with Toxin!

I’m just kidding :p

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Word is the Toxin turn’s you into Demon like Beast and the heal removes it, Anet want to make everyone Demons, Word is they are planning on changing GW2 name to DemonWars 2 the Anime and make a new TV show based on what Players are doing.

Voices in my head told me so.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

You are all missing the point!

Rejoice: Rangers are getting another (albeit limited) condition remover!*

*If and only if you complete something during the meta.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This is also what I’m banking on. They’re probably introducing another PvE mechanic like Agony and you will need to cleanse toxins to beat random PvE content. But we’ll see.

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I think toxin will be a very annoying mechanic. But I don’t think it will affect Healing Spring.

“Toxin” can probably only be removed by this new healing skill and will only be used by krait in some temporary dungeon. There will be a lot of “stacking” and “cleanse now” moments and noone will enjoy it.

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I hope this is put on the utility list, and not the healing list. I’d gladly drop a trap just to be able to have active condition removal for the entire party. Hell, this would be the first step to have actual group support we can control (that isn’t passive).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

I hope this is put on the utility list, and not the healing list. I’d gladly drop a trap just to be able to have active condition removal for the entire party. Hell, this would be the first step to have actual group support we can control (that isn’t passive).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_renewal

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Ahh yes, the thing that PASSIVELY removes a condition every 10 seconds, and the active basically destroys the pet, and only works if it’s alive. That one is about as useful as Search and Rescue…which isn’t

[hS]

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Ahh yes, the thing that PASSIVELY removes a condition every 10 seconds, and the active basically destroys the pet, and only works if it’s alive. That one is about as useful as Search and Rescue…which isn’t

Use it then pet swap so you’re pet doesn’t die… seriously? SoR would be the best skill in the game if it didn’t have to be cast within range of your pet.

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d prefer if the active wiped conditions from you and players nearby, but DIDN’T transfer them to the pet.

[hS]

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I’d prefer if the active wiped conditions from you and players nearby, but DIDN’T transfer them to the pet.

Maybe you should try using your pet better rather then being lazy and blaming the pet.

If ranger’s would learn how to use pets better they be so much better rather then free kills.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Sol, in PvE and WvW, pets are useless, PERIOD. I don’t care about sPvP because it’s only capture mode, which makes anything not able to capture points and keep them worthless (and where the kills don’t really matter in the long run). I strictly speak about PvE and WvW because those are the modes the majority of the playerbase plays, and because it’s harder for something that’s OP in PvE to be OP in WvW, and vice versa.

[hS]

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Sol, in PvE and WvW, pets are useless, PERIOD. I don’t care about sPvP because it’s only capture mode, which makes anything not able to capture points and keep them worthless (and where the kills don’t really matter in the long run). I strictly speak about PvE and WvW because those are the modes the majority of the playerbase plays, and because it’s harder for something that’s OP in PvE to be OP in WvW, and vice versa.

Uh…. Kills certainly matter in the long run in sPvP, each kill is 5 points, I’ve lost games where we have had 2-3 points all game because my team was dumb and kept getting butchered like animals.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Durz, I’ve never seen a loss due to kills. Then again, I admit I never really PvP for more than 1 hour whenever it comes up in Living Story.

[hS]

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Toxin sounds like a more intense form of poison, similar to how torment is essentially a more intense form of bleed that also punishes movement.

And since torment started out as an NPC-only skill in PvE, as I recall, I don’t have much faith that toxin won’t soon work its way into PvP as well.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I doubt it. Rangers are hardly the best condition cleansers in PvE. Shout warriors and guardians have that covered, even eles with their numerous water cleanses.

I suspect the new heal will be similair to racial skills with a possible niche because of toxin. Not really worth bringing 90% of the time. I doubt rangers will ever want to use it for anything other than toxin removal. Healing Spring will likely be better.

I can see some classes with mediocre condition removal maybe using it, but rangers likely won’t need a second heal that removes conditions.

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

unless you have proof of this statement it’s as valid as me saying that warriors wont get anymore buffs because they’re already “OP”, and we all know that’s a load of kitten…

A new condi would not be bad, especially if, as a lot of people are thinking, toxin will be a condi version of vulnerability, if this were to exist they could then nerf condi damage so it doesn’t hurt as badly as it does now if toxin isn’t present on the target, but make it hurt more when toxin is present, which would allow condi builds to not be totally garbage in PvE, create synergy between condi builds, and put them into line at the same time in PvP.

That being said, i think condis are fine as is and the new one should be more like how Disease was in GW1, aka it would spread through a group of enemies like wildfire and once it got going it just wouldn’t stop…. ah disease… how i miss you…

Unique buffs and conditions make professions stand out. I wonder what professions will get it? As far as the detoxin thing goes, I am not worried one bit about healing spring. I just don’t think that is even something to worry about.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Antitoxin spray

in Ranger

Posted by: Astewart.8415

Astewart.8415

Uhh..Pets are NOT worthless. Good grief. A lot of your damage and several support effects come from your pets. If you don’t use them, then you are losing out on a lot of the functionality of the Ranger.