Any asura rangers out there?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I am so conflicted on race choice, on one side asura long bow animations and others rock and look allot more alive and less static but I do have mixed feelings on greatsword animations vs humanoids. However I cannot seem to get into the race including my character, they are egotistical and the fact rangers are connected to nature by theme.

Then on my sylvari the longbow animations are static and way less lively but the others look good.

How did some of you make sense having an asura ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Awesome. Especially if it’s fully melee ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

In all my other MMOs, my Ranger/Hunter archetype are all the smaller races (it originated from my Hobbit Hunter in Lord of the Rings Online).

In addition, Norn’s running animation feels slow and lumbering, even at the smallest body size. Sylvari aesthetics overall reminds me too much of Michael Bay’s Decepticons, with those leafy slices all over the body, which is a major turn-off for me. Charr’s jumping animation feels like the maximum height is set too low for its body, which doesn’t evoke a sense of fun for me whenever I press spacebar. Nothing wrong with Human looks/animations, except that the Asura Ranger came so naturally to me that I never considered creating my Ranger as Human.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: wayneericgouin.9371

wayneericgouin.9371

Asura ranger here, I like the asura animations personally..the whole bobblehead feel is fun.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Asura Melee Ranger, reporting =D

in Ranger

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

play asura so people cant see what you are doing in pvp. thats about it

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Asura ranger here!

Made Zonian on a whim, picked the pink moa, named him Flamingo Rex and ran around kicking tail and taking names. He was my first 80 and is still bucket loads of fun.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

oh I love my Asura ranger! I love the way she balances the GS across her back and how she runs with it equipped. No sissy ‘ugh, it’s so heeeavy’ like a female human does! And the sword animations are so much fun to watch. Also, having this tiny Asura run around with a big kitty by her side makes me happy for some reason…

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Xsorus was a pretty excellent ranger streamer, Asura ranger.

Personally, you are either Norn or you’re not.

Attachments:

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

I love my Asura Ranger as well, she’s sassy, takes no guff from anyone. Love equipping her with a Greatsword and going up against Giants, Ettins, Jotuns, even Sons of Svanir Norns, where she only reaches maybe their knees, and watch her jump and kick butt. Love all the weapon animations, and I’m glad that my Stalker/Jaguar look huge next to her. The things she says crack me up as well.

I have 4 Rangers, had 5 with different races, but had to delete the Norn since her clunky running drove me crazy. <g>

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Telos.2359

Telos.2359

Asura ranger here too!

I may be small, but my big beasts protect me!

Love that feeling, having a small character protected by his huge animal bodyguards! I even made him the smallest size lol

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

One of my rangers is an Asura. Small size means that the pets look huge which is neat. And in wvw i do notice way less aggro in group situations than on my max size norn main. RP wise, like with a Charr, it makes an interesting techie race combo with a rather primitive class. Climbing into your golem suit when you had enough of the countryside is well worth pulling out your charrzooka when arrows don’t cut it anymore. Oh, and of course Technobabble + Moment of Clarity is delicious.

Honestly, apart from zzzzzzzzzz humans, all races have a lot going for them for different flavours of ranging around.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

In addition to the thematic choices, the utilities that the asura gets have some good synergy with the ranger. Technobable works a little too well with moment of clairity, and you get access to a poison field that works with our poison mastery.

in Ranger

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Mine:

• Human female – LB/GS glass cannon
  • Sylvari female – Axe+Torch trapper
  • Norn male – GS melee (LB, but don’t use it much)
  • Asura male – Axe+Warhorn regen buffer

My Asura simply bounces around any fight applying bleeds, group regens, rezzes and warhorn buffs. Doesn’r die and looks funny while helping out. Simply PvE though.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

I have an Asura ranger and i enjoy it, the only drawback imo is that skins tend to not look as good on asura, nothing but cultural really fits them well. I’ve though about making a human or norn ranger just to fit more thematically and better looking armor skins.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Got a dedicated PvP ranger asura. Its animations just feels smoother, and the size is a nice bonus.

Kinda the same reason I don’t have a charr nor a norn ranger. Clunky and stupid-looking.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I am so conflicted on race choice, on one side asura long bow animations and others rock and look allot more alive and less static but I do have mixed feelings on greatsword animations vs humanoids. However I cannot seem to get into the race including my character, they are egotistical and the fact rangers are connected to nature by theme.

Then on my sylvari the longbow animations are static and way less lively but the others look good.

Asura Ranger

WvW and PvE

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Ryou.2398

Wow thanks for the replies all you guys rock, I think I will go asura.

in Ranger

Posted by: Syntharia.8067

Syntharia.8067

Min size asura here.
Even though lots of skins are a bit meh on asura, the animations for skills/wielding weapons are just hilarious + those amazing dodges haha.
Footfalls/auras from legendary weapons are also huge compared to your size :P

Attachments:

For Ponei!

in Ranger

Ryou.2398

One last question what story choice should I go for to fit closer to rangers and should I choose the weather device?

in Ranger

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

One last question what story choice should I go for to fit closer to rangers and should I choose the weather device?

Many (myself included) feel the Infinity Ball story is more compelling.

As far as college goes, I personally went with Statics, as my asura uses directed application of growth magic to make her pets large and powerful

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Do you mean in an RP way? my idea was that my asura ranger rejects the advanced tech of asuran(sp?) society and prefers to take a natural path.

I chose the weather device, fidling with the weather and the disasters that could happen is what brought him to find a natural path. I don’t really RP though, it’s what I thought of while creating him.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Footfalls/auras from legendary weapons are also huge compared to your size :P

And when you spin in place, the footfalls continue as you turn…at least it happens with my Dreamer. When I have it equipped on my human, and spin her in place…I don’t get the hoofprints or the rainbows popping up. This is part of the reason why I made an Asura ranger and thief lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

Hey.

Attachments: