Any dps tests in wvw?

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Now that anet updated the tod to allow memory read dps metters, At least some of them can be used, did anybody test the Druid dps in combat in wvw?
We all know that pve is fairly easy and the laser staff is almost as the loot stick from the guardian but I mostly play wvw.

I haven’t had the chance to test it in wvw. Does anybody has a dps test in real combat in wvw?

Cheers!

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Dps is pretty meaningless in WvW, why care about it?

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Dps is pretty meaningless in WvW, why care about it?

I suppose it would matter to burst damage roamers like thieves and mesmers. Getting the most damage out of their initial burst would be worth some calculating.

Edit: Forgot I was in the Ranger section. It also might be interesting to calculate how much real damage we and our pets are doing.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

UmbraNoctis.1907

Well, for burst dmg all you have to do is to look at your combat log …

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

Well, for burst dmg all you have to do is to look at your combat log …

I’m assuming dps meters would calculate the various attacks in a burst on the fly, otherwise, yeah that would be pretty pointless.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

And healing. Dps metters not only show dps contrary to their name.
I just want to be able to fine tune my build, it is worth that extra 200 healing or better to put it in power? Kind of

I TOLD YOU SO

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

UmbraNoctis.1907

And how is a dps meter supposed to tell you, what is better? With more power you will have more dmg and less healing and with more healing power it will be the other way arround. To know, what is better for you in actual fights, you have to try it yourself and then judge based on the outcome of those fights.
A dps meter can show you only numbers, be it healing, dmg, boons, whatever. But numbers alone are worthless in pvp combat, because there are a lot of other factors, that play a role.

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Exactly.
/15 chars

I TOLD YOU SO

Any dps tests in wvw?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Unless you are one to min and max and maybe care only about 1 v 1 fights DPS meters have no meaningful impact to the format. Too much noise. By that I mean:

Self imposed buffs, food, potions, or other forms of boosts
Buffs provided by others given freely, stolen, borrowed
Reflects, blocks, interrupts
Runes, sigils
Luck

At the end of the day you are better off understanding animations and typical builds by class. Once you master that you can pretty much play naked and be perfectly fine. That is what separates good players from average. My personal opinion of course so your mileage may vary.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)