Any plans altering the basic pet F2 skills?

in Ranger

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

I mean, there are a LOT of pets, but only a few seem fine to take. Why take a polar bear who has a 45 second cooldown and a pretty long casting time for a 3s chill?? (There are even elite skills with shorter cooldown).

Maybe its a lot of time to fix all pet skills, but it should at least be possible to reduce the weaker F2 skills cooldowns to something more appropriate.
Im not gonna list all skills that I think need to be adjusted, since i think everyone knows wich pets are mostly used and wich pets you just never even see.

in Ranger

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

I don’t think a significant rework is in order, largely due to the nature of the game.

The majority of the game, for better or for worse, does seem to primarily cater to very casual players. Just look at the threads complaining about how hard HoT is, and how it’s turned them off to the game. It’s not that every single complainer felt unable to step up to the challenge, but a surprising (to me) amount were disappointed that the game had a step-up in difficulty at all. So if most people are happy walking around safe core Tyria maps and want a particular pet for a particular visual or RP reason, I think almost any pet would work for that kind of player, regardless of how poorly it performs by the numbers.

It does kind of bother me that I went around gathering all the pets and most of them are totally unused, but I have 6 pets that I tend to rotate through on various builds, and that gives me enough variety for the time being.

Edit: for clarity

(edited by voltaicbore.8012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pterikdactyl.7630

Pterikdactyl.7630

A pet skill rehaul is what I am hoping for most now. With the Soulbeast soon approaching, it is the most appropriate time to do so, and even more important than ever. I know that the Soulbeast has to do with temporarily removing the pet, but a huge part of the success of the spec involves polishing the pets first. As much as I appreciate the new cats aesthetically, it was a bummer to me that they added 2 more (of 5), which relieved them from having to make any non F2 skills. Who knows, maybe they’re working on something for the PoF launch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I wish the Pigs F2 were working like Thief steal and would store the bundle for us, instead to make us pick and then use it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pterikdactyl.7630

Pterikdactyl.7630

I wish the Pigs F2 were working like Thief steal and would store the bundle for us, instead to make us pick and then use it.

That would be amazing. Yes please.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Or just give pigs different boons instant for ranger. stability, resilence or some stealth, unblocking etc.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!