Anyone else quit their Ranger with HoT?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Forum bug.

Q: Why can’t a multi-million dollar company afford a new forum, if they can’t fix this one?

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Forum bug.

Q: Why can’t a multi-million dollar company afford a new forum, if they can’t fix this one?

For 3 years pets haven’t been able to keep their names… It’s par for the course.

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

Forum bug.

For 3 years pets haven’t been able to keep their names… It’s par for the course.

True.

All this is such a shame – it’s a beautiful looking game and with the proper care and attention (and lack of obvious class bias), it could be amazing.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in Ranger

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

@Topic: I quit it for Tempest, but might come back to try Spirits-Build in PvE again.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I main Reaper atm, but I like the Druid. Running in Zerker and mainly do the new PvE content. DPS is okay’ish but not good, the heals are a nice feat while you still do considerable ranged damage due to the piercing beam. It’s fun to play, and actually I don’t give much about how high tier this sub-class is. If they have the metrics they’ll change it ultimately.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Ranger

Posted by: Thebigadventure.9258

Thebigadventure.9258

At the moment I only use druid line for the extra damge glyph.

Just Ranger Things…… LVL 80 Asura Ranger (druid)

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

So, now I see that the best looking longbow in the game, with the possible exception of Kudzu (if you’re into super-girly stuff and spending a small fortune) is given to Guardian.

I’m seriously getting annoyed, now.

Even though I’m not maining Ranger anymore, I still can’t help but feel aggrieved.

This is just not OK.

You shouldn’t have to roll a Guardian, to play a decent Ranger class, when there is already supposed to be a Ranger class, in the game.

…and what about all the people who like their pets?

Not to mention that, while the Druid staff is OK looking, it’s not a patch on the Guardian longbow.

This really isn’t good enough, Anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

I quit my ranger and became a druid. I got to keep my favourite bits, greatsword and pet, and added crazy healing. It’s like I took my DAoC Ranger and Druid and merged them together… kinda. Anyway, it’s good for my playstyle.

I should just add that I’m having a lot of fun with it! xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I like Ranger but Druid has been overall a huge disappointment for me. It has potential but Anet missed the mark by a wide mile imo with the elite mechanics/design.

They touted Druid would break the mold and be a true “healer” class; not a support class but a “healer” class. Except they made this claim without knowing clearly how to accomplish it in time for HoT launch. This is a huge undertaking considering the whole game has been balanced/designed for 3 years around the fact that there are no true healers. It should have been evident to Anet just what they were getting themselves into by making such a claim. Was it just marketing hype? Was I fooled into believing they could deliver?

Everything about core Druid mechanics (AF generation/CAF gating/healing gameplay) screams that it was a last minute job and poorly thought out. The fact that they are randomly throwing gating mechanics from other classes onto Druid to see if any will stick, just frustrates me even more because it shows they have a lack of understanding on how to create an engaging healing archtype that makes sense (i.e., no clear vision and the result we have right now is a mashup of different ideas that doesn’t make sense when you look at it as a whole).

I’m in a love/hate relationship with my Ranger and am unsure of what to do. I may try out my Revenant alt if Druid/Ranger doesn’t get some much needed attention.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)