Anyone else think Long Bow is slow?

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

In my opinion the firing speed is way too slow. It’s almost aggravating at times. This is probably my biggest gripe currently. Anyone else feel the same?

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

It is slow. It’s dps is way subpar compared to the shortbow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Longbow, with “Rapid Fire” AND “Quick Draw” actually have higher dps than short bow over 1k range.

in Ranger

Division.9618

That’s if you don’t count the shortbows bleed damage though.

Basically longbow > shortbow when you’re above 1000 range and the enemy is facing you. If the enemy is facing you though, it probably means they’re going to close that distance.

in Ranger

Posted by: Volundarhus.7815

Volundarhus.7815

Traited for 20% reduction on skills LB is more to my liking, the amount of time you’ll spend auto attacking is minimal.
If the enemy closes range you just send them flying as it is.

It’s just a preference thing honestly.

Dragonbrand – Dumaresq
Loch Ness Monster (nnnf)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Yes long range shot fires really slow. It’s kind of boring/annoying when rapid fire is on cooldown and you have to watch long range shot fire very slowly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Well ye it is slow. I think the longbow autoattack should actually be reworked, as it is now it’s the main problem we have with the lb, and that’s annoying since other skills are ok.

in Ranger

Division.9618

Traited for 20% reduction on skills LB is more to my liking, the amount of time you’ll spend auto attacking is minimal.
If the enemy closes range you just send them flying as it is.

It’s just a preference thing honestly.

Not really. There have been DPS test done. Longbow slightly outdamages shortbow at 1000+ range only if you don’t calculate bleed. It’s the same with rapid fire.

in Ranger

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

depends on how you build. i’m fine with a 3-4k damage auto-attack. I hit a dude in WvW once for 5106 with long-range shot but I probably had might stacks on me at the time. I wouldn’t mind a little less stipulation on that damage and should probably jump on the ‘buff longbow’ bandwagon to see if we can get ourselves the ability to 2-shot someone with the auto-attack.

Think of LB as a semi-auto sniper rifle. It’s good for what it’s good for (which is unfortunately not spvp) but it’s not a universal weapon. I run a SB for my off-set for when things get close (since I had the piercing and LB/SB CD traits anyway). The bleed is pretty unreliable (unless grouped and not aggro’d) but the CC abilities (and the heal debuff in WvW/PvP) are pretty sweet.